PDA

View Full Version : Lights at Northumberland?

Pumpkin
02-05-2007, 08:56 AM
How many of you are annoyed at this? The poles are up!

They just keep making it worse instead of better. Now Kilburn Ave is gonna be even more difficult to get out of, near impossible I bet!. This is crazy!

oasis
02-05-2007, 09:58 AM
They are nuts.

That street gets minimal use compared to Mclaughlin. They blocked off the back exit to this area and made it very difficult to get out of here. 60 people signed the petition to close it. over 800 signed a petition to get it re-opend. The city just ignored it! Some one with a relitive on council was the driving force to get it closed, and I'm sure this same person got the lights.

If I want to use these lights in a snow storm I need to cimb a very steep hill in very slippery conditions. Hence most people use the other street.

I can not wait to move out of Saint John. My wife and I are looking for a house now. You can bet it will not be within the city limits. Our common council believes in giving HUGE tax breaks to the rich and ignoring the people that accually vote for them!

They told everyone that taxes would not be raised when they gave the Irvings that HUGE tax break. Sure enough they passed the budget without a tax increase. BUT they then went to the province and told them they needed more money and asked them to increase the assessments on all housing!

Is that not a tax increase! Oh well. Once I move out the can do what ever they please.

amethyst
02-05-2007, 10:34 AM
Once I move out the can do what ever they please.

They are going to do whatever they please regardless if you live here or not.:rofl:

girdy
02-05-2007, 11:44 AM
The area is a mess. A little over 3 years ago we moved to Westmorland/Floral area for convenience, and with a Home Depot, new Kent Store, new mall, seemingly random stop lights going up, 3 months ago we moved out because it just didn't feel like a family neighbourhood. The area I used to take the dog for a run, flattened for more clothing stores. It's hard to see what the master design is, rather it seems like a bunch of random activities happening. I can't say I miss the nightly flaring from the refinery, the sirens of emergency vehicles, or the seemingly non stop traffic flowing in front of the house. The convenience is still there, for us it just stopped being worth it given the other negative things going on in the neighbourhood.

tag
02-05-2007, 04:54 PM
someone here said, once before, that when the new lights are up, they are removing the ones by CAA.
not sure

Pumpkin
02-05-2007, 11:26 PM
They have blocked us in completely! I couldn't agree more and most of the neighbourhood agrees. Why for one person they are willing to screw up the rest of us, I don't know.

And now Kilburn avenue will be impossible to get out of. It is already difficult just like McLaughlin and Northumberland, it will be worse with the lights for them.

Whoever comes up with this stuff needs their head examined I think.

timmy
02-06-2007, 11:42 AM
The way council looks after Northumberland while screwing everyone else, you'd think there was an Irving living in there! (Is there?)

pamb
02-06-2007, 10:24 PM
from what i heard and i'm not sure in the truth of it but the lights by CAA are thier lights they bought them and pay for them so i can't see them coming down.

rusty_shackleford
02-08-2007, 09:11 AM
By the look of what they are doing at the end of Northumberland Ave. I'd say it's just going to be a lighted cross walk, not traffic lights...

timmy
02-08-2007, 09:30 AM
OK, now you've done it. I'm gonna have to beat my poor little car to death driving up that road and see for myself ;-)