PDA

View Full Version : Lf: Info Re Buses To Rent

MuzicalHart
08-18-2008, 05:30 PM
Would anyone have any information about where a group of us could locate a bus with seating for at least 25 passengers, that we could rent to get some driving experience before we each go for our road test for our bus licenses? We are all licensed drivers, with our Class 4 licenses to drive taxi, and are wanting to upgrade again to Class 2 to drive bus. Any information regarding this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

timmy
08-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Go rent a 3 ton uhaul - basically the same thing. or Diamond taxi had a bus, bigger than their little ones. or buy a surplus bus cheap at the district garage, or the School districts used to put on a little course for potential hirees, maybe they still do. Also there is the driver training school in Sussex or Masstown, NS. It wouldn't hurt to get some professional training; it's not as simple as just jumping in and going out for a spin.
Speaking as a former pro driver who sees a LOT of unprofessional driving going on out there.

MuzicalHart
08-19-2008, 08:34 AM
We're not wanting it to go for our Class 1 license for tractor trailer .. we're needing it to go for our Class 2 license to drive bus. Those U-haul trucks would not be the same thing for what we are needing it for at all. What we have to get some practice driving on, is a BUS that holds at least 25 passengers, as that is what we would be doing our road tests on. We are not about to buy one to get practice driving on. We keep getting the same excuses from people, about insurance; yet we are able to rent one in Fredericton for the road test, which includes one of the company drivers, without any problem. The insurances would be the same here as in Fredericton, so we can't understand why so much hassle. We just want and need to rent one for a few hours, or even a full day, for us to get the practice driving in that we need. The one you mentioned that Diamond Taxi has, isn't large enough. That one is a 15-passenger shuttle van .. what we need is larger .. like a school bus. But thanks for the input anyway.

timmy
08-19-2008, 08:49 AM
The 3 ton uhaul chassis is the same one the 25+ pass bus would use which is why I suggested it. No, there are no windows in the back for you to look out of but shouldn't be driving using them anyways. Diamond used to have, and may still have, one or more large hwy (SMT type) buses, which is why I suggested that. Driving schools don't just teach tractor trailer FYI, that's why I suggested that.Sorry my suggestions didn't help.
Fredericton is only an hr away btw............

MuzicalHart
08-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Oh, I realize that .. Fredericton is actually my hometown .. the thing is the time factor .. not possible for us to go up there to get the practice driving in, as well as go for our road tests up there .. also the expense of having to go up there for practice time. It just is not an option for us. Also, it's not enough that the vehicle you mentioned has the same kind of chassis, etc., as a bus .. the point is that it has to be a bus .. whether it is a school bus, or any other bus that holds a minumum of 25 passengers, and has hydraulic brakes on it. Those are the factors that Motor Vehicle has specified.