PDA

View Full Version : pet friendly apartments

miss_daisie
02-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Hey everyone!
Before anyone gets the wrong idea Im not posting this to actually find a pet friendly apartment, Ive made my post in the correct area already.
I just wanted to say I really didn't think it was going to be this hard to find a place. I have no prob really finin a place th allows cats but its for the dog im having issues with.
I know there are people out there that have had this problem before. So many people just end up gettign rid of there animals insted. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or toughts on the topic.
Just anything in general. Even some good pointers on introducing your pet to a new landlord. My landlord wasnt very found of the idea of a dog but after meeting the dog and us assuring him the apartment would be in the same condition it was in when we moved in as when we left hes really grown to not have a problem with it, and even enjoys seein our lil man has even recommended places we can take him to play, and pet friendly areas in the city, like rockwood park, the fenced in dog park.:)
Has anyone had any luck changing the mind of an unwanting landlord? or is it more or less hopless and I just lucked out.:p

Of course any recommendations of pet friendly buildings is appreciated, just pm me them insted of posting here. like I said this isnt about findin one. just outta curiousity what situations others have been in and the luck they have had in my spot.

tred816
02-04-2007, 08:24 PM
I'd like to share with anyone who may be looking that I work on Lowell Street (lower west down by the water). The apartment accross the street is full of dog owners. One even has 3!!!

I'll check the number of the building tomorrow and post it. I don't know if any apartments are available right now, but if you're ever looking, it's a start!

T4
02-05-2007, 06:30 PM
My landlord is SUPER !! Our building is a pet friendly building. Each of the apartments have either a dog or cat, or both.

miss_daisie
02-05-2007, 06:55 PM
thats awsome, do you live over east?

Kodiak74
02-08-2007, 07:10 PM
tred816..... Did you get a number? I'm looking to move in the city, i have been looking since September and no luck. I have 2 labs and i'm not ready to give them up. If anyone knows of a pet friendly building please post here or pm.

Misty589
02-08-2007, 08:07 PM
we had trouble a few years ago looking for a place, sometimes they'd even be as bold as to ask what breed!! Maybe saying small is okay but large is not, but actually asking the breed! i thought that was rude.
I'm not much help though, i couldn't find a place, and wasn't getting rid of my dog so i bought a house, now i have 3 dogs all 75 lbs +

miss_daisie
02-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Kodiak74 (http://www.isaintjohn.com/classifieds/member.php?u=8368) - we are leaving our apartment at the end of this month. Our landlord isnt totaly pet friendly but he said he doesnt m ind having dogs on our floor because its the main floor. his only problem with animals is all the students that live upstairs, are from china and india and they are terrified of dogs. so he wont let the dogs be in the above apartments. Hes fine with our guy as long as there is no complaints. Our dogs is an american staffordshire terrier(looks like a pitbull for anyone thats not familiar with the breed).
Rent is a bit expensive tho. Its 750 a month all included for a 2 bedroom and its right uptown.

puppyluv
04-08-2007, 07:49 PM
419 Enterprises will be allowing dogs and cats.. they are currently working on renovating a number of buildings...Not 8 to 10 unti ones, but 2-6 unit size ones.

leaha2879
04-08-2007, 08:17 PM
i had an aweful time looking for a place that will take dogs and after 2 years i found one i have a malamute wolf 150 pounds lots of ppl thinks cause of the size shes mean but not and wont allowed in there apts. i pay alot for rent but you have to if your not willing to give up your pets, because they have one bad experience with dog owners they thinks all dogs are bad but sometimes its just how the owners train them and its not fair.

hey kodiak douglas ave has postings for apts for rent you should check some of them out cause some do allowed dogs cause when i looked for my apt some said yes but one of my dogs were to big..lol