PDA

View Full Version : Adoption.

Tassy.Junior
08-11-2008, 03:50 PM
Does anyone know of any websites, or have any info on this topic. What a couple needs to qualifie, cost, any info at all.

sanstu
08-11-2008, 04:31 PM
try province of nb.

Blazingsun
08-12-2008, 10:54 AM
I know someone who used canadaadopts.com! She was pregnant and found wonderful parents for her child through this website. From what i know you still need home studys done and such. But they sat on a provincial waiting list for something like 7 years with no luck. Spent 1 year on Canada Adopts and now my aqquaintces birthson is 2 years old and found a great and deserving family!!! Its worth a look!

Tassy.Junior
08-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Thank you so much!

AngMcC
08-18-2008, 02:15 PM
<center>I just want to say as an adoptee how much I appreciated being adopted!It is not easy for someone to adopt a child but it does save the life of a child who would otherwise get caught in the system!If I were you (which I might be in a few years) I would find some good psychology books on raising an adopted child since given the circumstances of the parentage there will be some issues not faced by biological parents.Good luck with your search for your child!
</center>

Blazingsun
08-18-2008, 03:47 PM
Blazings sun's mom : I just had to respond to this as adoption has touched my life second hand.In regards to Saving the life of a child who would other wise get lost in the system? I guess maybe that applies to your situation AngMCc. I would not say that it apply's to all adoptiee's. Some people are forced to give up their babies at birth because they are unable to care for them adequately themselves for many reasons (drugs, crime, disability and so on). Which is maybe what you are reffering to?? In those cases i think some of those kids with fetal alcohol etc are prone to behavioral problems and in that case might be a challenge but i think its Easy to adopt a child if you want one that bad. It would not matter. Adoption still has a very long way to come in Canada compared to the USA. The close family member i know is in an open adoption. Pictures, emails (visits not often but every few years per their agreement) are exchanged and contact remains open. Its so wonderful and for them it works out quite perfectly. She was not forced to give up her child but was not in the financial situation to have a child/bad situation with the father. So although incredibly capable she did not want to be on welfare nor fight a bitter custody battle!!!
Books are great for adoption and for Birth Moms. I will say that I never realized how hard it is for a birth mother. Until you hold your new baby in your arms you will never quite appreciate truly how much these women go through in deciding/having/and living life after giving you the most precious gift god can give. I say a little prayer for those women often. Especially the ones who 25 years ago were sent to homes for wayward and pregnant girls, made to give up their babies, and go on pretending like it never happened.

I hope you find what your looking for, Good luck!

AngMcC
08-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Blazingsun's MomI just had to respond to this as adoption has touched my life second hand.In regards to Saving the life of a child who would other wise get lost in the system? I guess maybe that applies to your situation AngMCc. I would not say that it apply's to all adoptiee'sI do have to say I was saved given that I was adopted at 5 after the courts took me from my Bio-Mother at 3 (thank god).My adopted mother (ie:my real mother) saved me from being caught in the system!I was 5 and no longer considered amongst the desirable age of adoption,most people want babies.This is why I have such an appreciation for people who adopt and wanted to extend my appreciation to Tassy.Junior.

I think that there was a misunderstanding,I did not give up a child I was a child that was adopted.

Definition of Adoptee:One, such as a child, that is or has been adopted.

Tassy.Junior
08-25-2008, 02:04 PM
Well put Ang.
Thank you all.