PDA

View Full Version : powerful vacuum?

icedragon
02-04-2007, 08:09 AM
Apparently it's my job to do the vacuuming so I need a vacuum with power. My old one crapped out and the new one I bought at walmart is 12 amps of pure serging crap. I'd like something that creates a vortex into a clean dimension with hurricane force winds when I turn it on. Sucks so hard that it lifts the color right out of the carpet. Howling so loud that people get scared. Kids on the street warn people not to go to my house cause the old man with the vacuum lives there. Seriously, I have 2 cats and a wife so I need a vacuum that picks up cat hair and everything associated with cats. I searched online a little and I found a dyson dc15. Anyone ever hear of this? Seems to be an alright vacuum. What would everyone recommend?

tish
02-04-2007, 08:18 AM
my 2 cents on the vacuming issue is that the show 'Shopping Bags' recommends Dyson but not sure of the model they were showing.

puppyluv
02-04-2007, 08:19 AM
dyson is a very good brand..dont let the "amp" bit fool you...you could ahve a apowerful 12amp and a crappy 12 amp..means nothing when it comes to vacuums.
when you look at getting one with the "hepa" filter, check out to see if the entire vacuum itself is hepa rated..because what usually happens, is the air is trying to be forced through the filter, but it hard too ( hence the hepa) so it takes the path of least resistance..out the sides or cracks in teh vacuum. So the ENTIRE vacuum needs to be hepa.

ps..go hepa or miele

eugeneb
02-04-2007, 08:20 AM
2 cats! I have 9 cats ,2 dogs,2 ferrets a wife and 3 girls
I use a powerful shop-vac remodeled a power nozzel to fit it, it does the job

Goin4Coffee
02-04-2007, 10:30 AM
JMO: Throw out the carpets--
:rofl:

icedragon
02-04-2007, 11:41 AM
I'd love to throw them out but I don't own the building and i'm not really planning on staying for years and years.

Tara
02-04-2007, 03:49 PM
I would DEFINATELY go with a dyson!

icedragon
02-04-2007, 05:49 PM
I would DEFINATELY go with a dyson!

Do you recomend a model #?

luvlylady31
02-05-2007, 12:26 PM
I have a miele model "Cat and dog" It was more expensive then the store bought ones but very good. It is a true hepa.

Amy Ellis
02-05-2007, 03:07 PM
I've had it for years, my Mom uses one, my sister uses one and I have 4 cats. The same model I have now comes with a mini brush/head attachement for carpets and things. I think I saw them onsale at Canadian Tire for like $40. I know it is not near the Dyson league but may be an alternative.

icedragon
02-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Is shark the red vacuum? I think I just threw out one of those. The main problem I have is, Although there is a pad under the kitty litter box, some loose sand still seemd to fins it's way onto the carpet. This is mostly What the problem is. I can't seem to find a vacuum to do something as simple as suck litter