PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Sheila_1980
08-07-2008, 07:37 PM
Why does every thread, or question turn into an argument on here? Why do people feel the need to bash other people's opinions?

Why Why Why

LOL

sanstu
08-07-2008, 07:51 PM
Because!

FutureChief88
08-07-2008, 08:35 PM
YA!

and if you dont like it.. too bad.. IMO.. LOL

just kiddin

shelby26
08-07-2008, 09:31 PM
I was actually wondering the same thing lol I personally believe some people need 2 make an argument out of everything , and always need to put their two cents in, no matter what the argument is about almost like an addiction lol

dittydottie
08-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Why the answer is this---Most people are always right and must have the last word.
If you ever think someone is wrong tell them and the answer to you will be---No i am always right.I know everything

jennifer25ca2006
08-07-2008, 11:54 PM
Why the answer is this---Most people are always right and must have the last word.
If you ever think someone is wrong tell them and the answer to you will be---No i am always right.I know everything

hahahaha. Sounds like a few ppl i know. lmfao

dan j
08-08-2008, 12:11 AM
Welcome to the internet. You're fairly new here Sheila_1980. A year or so ago the site was not what it is now. Sure, people debate or argue (whatever you want to call it) but there is little name-calling and rudeness as there once was.

You can look at it like this:

A thread can be made where someone asks for advice. Everyone gives difference advice so the original poster will have to take his or her own time to go through it all without knowing what is better advice.

A thread can be made where someone asks for advice. Everyone gives difference advice but basis that advice on previous advice and criticisms on the other poster's opinion. You can use logic and choose which poster gives the better advice plus choose which poster you trust more based upon previous postings.

This is just a simple example on an advice wanting thread that can happen here. So many threads have different purposes and ask for different things. I think debates and arguments are good. I've had arguments and debates with many posters here and in a different thread have the same opinion as them. It's not a big deal that people conflict with one another. If you're looking for everyone to jump around with lollipops patting each other on the arse then the internet may not be the place for you.

Sheila_1980
08-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Do you think people would behave the same face to face as they do on here? lol I'm thinking there are a lot of people who post just for argument sake, who would never speak up if it were in person.

Just a thought.

dan j
08-08-2008, 08:27 AM
Again, it's the internet. It really doesn't and shouldn't matter what people do face to face. On the internet people don't need to worry about it.

inuit
08-08-2008, 09:43 AM
I guess that's both the beauty and the ugliness of faceless internet. Many people say things on here that they would not/ could not say to your face for fear of retailation. Internet gives one the real freedom to say what they want without being known. Just the way it is.

The thing is, if you post or ask something on here be prepared for backlash and be prepared to stand your ground. You say it, stand behind it, defend it. Not all posts turn into arguments. Take heart, not all bad. I have gotten some great support and compassion on this site.

rhiley_08j
08-08-2008, 10:16 AM
The great thing about arguments on here is that you don't have to participate. If you don't like the direction a thread is going you can choose to no longer post.

Sometimes those of us that think we know everything are shown the light and will actually change our viewpoints on subjects. It's all about keeping an open mind and realizing that it takes many different people with many different views on life to make the world go around.

Thanks to the anonymity of the internet many people are more willing to express their opinion on things that perhaps they wouldn't otherwise. They are willing to express their feelings more, and because of this we are able to gain a clearer perspective on how people really are. Good or bad. It's what you make it.

Sheila_1980
08-08-2008, 10:46 AM
That's what I end up doing. lol

If you don't like the direction a thread is going you can choose to no longer post.

donteatrawpotatoes
08-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Sometimes those of us that think we know everything are shown the light and will actually change our viewpoints on subjects.

Happens to me all the time. :p I do not think everything turns malicious, but it does happen a lot. Sometimes people need to vent and a discussion forum might feel like the right place at the time.

dan j
08-08-2008, 11:45 AM
http://www.anonymousspace.com/albums/userpics/112625/Someone_Is_Wrong_On_The_Internet.jpg

donteatrawpotatoes
08-08-2008, 12:01 PM
http://www.anonymousspace.com/albums/userpics/112625/Someone_Is_Wrong_On_The_Internet.jpg

:rofl:

newmommy
08-08-2008, 01:05 PM
i find that ALOT of people on here turn EVERYTHING into a "welfare" bashing thread. its sad

inuit
08-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Lol Cool

sanstu
08-08-2008, 02:06 PM
i ind that ALOT of people on here turn EVERYTHING into a "welfare" bashing thread. its sad

I find it to be a few people that tend to be ignorant (true meaning) when it comes to topics concerning social issues. Unfortunately there are "bullies" everywhere, even on the net. The old adage "less is more" should be used when posting on any site. Don't give out personal info. about yourself, that way you become less of a target for the cyber bullies.

KRS
08-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Welcome to the Internet hate machine, enjoy your stay.

Also, you are wrong.

trinity
08-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Takes all kinds to make a world, and sometimes people are knowledgeable in some areas (and so are helpful when asked) and completely in the dark on others (and so are motivated to sometimes rudely defend their erroneous belief)- for example last night I was chatting online with some people in a tech support chat room, and this woman from Ontario could NOT accept that the 5 cable connections in my home are ALL paid for, ALL legit, and ALL in use, and we are not going to get a higher bill from Rogers for doing so. She firmly believes that they are just there so people can move their one tv around their house. Funny thing was, she seemed to know a lot about computers otherwise. I'm thinking at some point she got "burned" by illegal hookups and has got it stuck in her head that this is the case.

christine chittick
08-13-2008, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the Internet hate machine, enjoy your stay.

Also, you are wrong.

LOL - too funny...

But, on a more serious note, since I'm always right...

People tend to 'read' things the wrong way. How one would come across on here for example as being rude, may not be what they would come across to your face.

bradorna
08-14-2008, 08:58 AM

that is cute dan j. I like it, speaks volumes