PDA

View Full Version : Do you have an issue with your cell phone company?

Shopkins
08-03-2008, 06:51 PM
I REALLY DISLIKE BELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bell is nothing but a pain in my butt!!!!!

I had been with Aliant for over 8 years and as soon as BEll took over I have had nothing but HUGE problems!
The customer service agents that I spoke with were rude and didn't know what they were talking about. They gave me tones of incorrect information regarding price plans and other options.
I think that bell should get a new outsourcer

Has anyone else had any issue with any other cell phone provider?

Who is your cell provirer? WHO IS THE BEST?

kaj27
08-03-2008, 09:09 PM
Out of Parkway Mall? ICT? How do you know your call was directed there?

Either way, there was been serveral threads on this. Alaint's customer service has been on a downward spiral.

dan j
08-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Yes, ICT is the outsourcer. They're located in Parkway Mall, Riverview Mall, and somewhere in Sydney, NS. If you're having problems with those agents you should pass along real feedback to an actual manager at Bell, not a supervisor with ICT as they're not going to report their issues with the company giving them money. Or, post it here. I'm sure people from Bell are keeping an eye on message boards.

Shopkins
08-04-2008, 07:59 AM
The agents at the call center advised me where I was calling. I have addressed the issues that I have with Bell directly, Thank you.

I am wanting to know if anyone else has issue with there cell phone companies? And who is the BEST?

SeanM
08-04-2008, 08:34 AM
I'm thoroughly unimpressed with Bell and will be leaving the day my contract expires....perhaps sooner.

KRS
08-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Cel phone customer service is a joke.

tish
08-04-2008, 08:55 AM
i love my virgin mobile phone as well as their customer service
never had a problem in the 2 years i have been with them :D

nasoj007
08-05-2008, 10:44 AM
I recently reached the end of my rope with Aliant/Bell and canceled my service. I was told I would have to wait 10 days before my phone was canceled and that I would have to pay for additional uses not covered by my plan (I payed for that month already but texts and web usage etc would be extra). No problem right, so I did you the phone for a few days after until I got my Virgin Mobile (they rock) phone.

12 days later I check and the phone's still hooked up so I call Aliant/Bell tell the girl my story, she checks a few things, comes back on the line and tells me it's now disconnected and I have a credit of $5 and some cents and I'll get a cheque in the mail, nice.

A few days later and I get a bill from Aliant/Bell and bam it's $55... more than my monthly bill usually is. I call Aliant/Bell to complain and here are his explanations (there were 2 different ones). First he shows me how they credited me for the last 10 days of my billing period and then proceeded to charge me .35 cents a minute for every call I made... that was definitely not what I was told. So after I argue the point for a few minutes he then tells me that I was over my minutes anyway so even if they took the credit back and reinstated the plan I would only save a few dollars... WTF!!! In over 3 years I've never once gone over my minutes and somehow, in my last month no less, I not only go over my minutes but I go over them by over 100 minutes (and I started going over on the day I canceled the plan). Conveniently enough they can't see any of my calls before I went 'over my minutes' just the ones I made after. That's like saying I now the receipt only shows that you got 30L of gas but you really got 100L so pay up.

I'm so pissed off I've been seeing red for days...

StephRan
08-05-2008, 03:13 PM
I've had Koodo Mobile (Telus) since April, and all has been well. I pay $40.05 monthly, and it includes the following:

100 day time minutes
Unlimited evenings and weekends beginning at 5pm(to 8am)
Unlimited text messaging
Caller ID
Voicemail

I haven't needed their customer service because nothing has gone wrong, bills have always been correct etc.

Downside: they only have 4 different phones to choose from.

jigjew
08-05-2008, 08:24 PM
The goverment held a spectrum auction, which is basicly the frequencies used up by cell phone providers. A few new companies are jumping into the game here shortly (within the year, announcements will be made in less than a month). I have really been looking forward to getting out of my Bell/Aliant when it expired (last month), but cell phone providers in Canada are scant at best. So after I heard about the spectrum auction, I figured I would wait and see what new companies got into the game and see what they have. I recommend that to anyone thinking of jumping ship from Telus/Rogers/Bell. They are all equally inept at providing any customer service.

scribe
08-08-2008, 05:09 PM
For all those who are comoplaining about Aliant-Bell, formerly NBTel, I agree....which is why 2 yrs ago I switched to Rogers....talk about jumping from the fire into Hell!! I can't believe just how much worse Rogers is than Aliant... The person who posted about Virgin as a provider, can you tell me more about that service.... I"m almost willing to go back to smoke signals to get rid of Rogers!

Tara
08-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I bought a cheap 50 dollar pay as you go phone from virgin wireless and it works great. I go out country and it works fine out there, they use Aliant's towers. I only use the .10 cents a minute, 10 dollars a month as I only use it for emergencies, etc. It's not too bad for what you pay!

orange
08-08-2008, 05:42 PM
For people who hate Bell:

Virgin Mobile in Canada is actually half-owned by Bell :p

They've also used some inappropriate marketing methods in the past as well, IMO.

Fido is owned by Rogers, and Koodo is owned by Telus, so it's really still just the 3 big players for now. Service may be better on some sub-brands than others, but it's still the "Big 3" in the end.

sanstu
08-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Had an issue with my recent bill.Called Rogers. After waiting for 1/2 an hr. and being transfered 3 times, the $35.00 in 3rd party texts was removed. I have 2 phones, 500 daytime min. (free between phones)2000 long distance min. between phones, evenings and weekends free, $35.00.

tish
08-09-2008, 10:37 AM
YOu can say all you want about Virgin being 50% owned by bell but the point is i have had 3 virgin phones and not once have i had trouble with Customer service,,,it was wonderful,,,never waited for more the 3 minutes to talk to a REAL human being. Mine are pay as you go...it works for me and the kids. I got a 50 dollar phone delievered to me, no shipping charges at the time (promo) for the month, then because i activated it online i rec'd a 25$ credit plus the 10$ that came with phone!! They tell you up front 1:58 = 2:00 minutes so does 1:01 = 2:00.
I am VIRGIN all the way

Tish
i am in no way afiliated with Virgin...just the love the product!! and the no hassles!!

orange
08-09-2008, 10:54 AM
YOu can say all you want about Virgin being 50% owned by bell but the point is i have had 3 virgin phones and not once have i had trouble with Customer service,,,it was wonderful,,,never waited for more the 3 minutes to talk to a REAL human being. Mine are pay as you go...it works for me and the kids. I got a 50 dollar phone delievered to me, no shipping charges at the time (promo) for the month, then because i activated it online i rec'd a 25$ credit plus the 10$ that came with phone!! They tell you up front 1:58 = 2:00 minutes so does 1:01 = 2:00.
I am VIRGIN all the way

Tish
i am in no way afiliated with Virgin...just the love the product!! and the no hassles!!

It was just a simple fact about the ownership.

The point is it's still the "Big 3" in the end, although as a I said, service may be better on some sub-brands than others... and sounds like it is.

kaj27
08-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Well it's more like the big two around here. Telus doesn't own any hardware around here. Just Alaint/Bell and Rogers towers.

I've still never had an issue with Rogers. But each to their own.

trinity
08-09-2008, 06:25 PM
My problem with Telus is that I can't get their phones to work in the US. My friend got a cell phone from work and gave my mother his old Telus pay-as-you go phone to use on a trip she was taking so she would feel safer. She tried using it in Maine and it wouldn't work. Some safer indeed. My Rogers phone has worked from Maine to Vancouver and all points in between, no problems. My current issue is technical- I got a new cell phone this week, I put in the battery and charged it 24 hrs, and all it should take is to pop out my SIM card and put it in the new phone, except nothing happens. I'm at work right now without my phone or I would finally have time to call them.

mike_d
08-14-2008, 02:07 PM
I've had Rogers Wireless for the past 3.5 years with no problems...I've had to call them a couple times and when I did it was very painless and they were friendly. :)

andrea
08-14-2008, 05:05 PM
but !! tishys best friend is a bell cust service rep!!!!:(

andrea
08-14-2008, 05:09 PM
and she aint no virgin!!! nurse judy:P

Cattylac
08-14-2008, 10:55 PM
I've been with Telus for 5 years and I've never had a problem. They've changed my number free of charge when someone was calling and bothering me, my phone dropped 2% of my calls one month and they credited my account without me asking, I've never had a billing issue and the price is very reasonable (I have 250 daytime minutes, unlimited text, calller ID, free evenings and weekends starting at 6pm, and call waiting for $45 a month)... customer service has alwas been good to me, believe it or not lol... I actually never had a problem using my phone when I went to Florida... Maybe it was because you were using a pay as you go, Trinity? Did you ever call and see what the problem was?

dan j
08-14-2008, 11:06 PM
I think you're right about the prepaid thing in the US. I'm almost certain that Telus does not have any roaming agreements with any US carriers for prepaid service.