PDA

View Full Version : How are the roads?

trinity
02-03-2007, 08:59 AM
I have been inside at work all night-I have the option of staying near work instead of driving home and coming back tonight-should I?

6sixstring6
02-03-2007, 09:09 AM
We're at the height of a blizzard, what would be your best guess. Of course the roads are terrible and if you don't need to be on them , you shouldn't be.

trinity
02-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Thanks, like I said, I have been indoors all night and not even had a minute to go out of the office and look out the window...

missday
02-03-2007, 09:21 AM
I just got back from driving my boyfriend to work and the roads are horrrific lol If i didn't have i wouldn't drive to far. I realy hope there better by 6pm when he gets off :(

sparkly_panther
02-03-2007, 09:30 AM
yeah, Tell my boyfriend that, he wants to go to the car dealerships to look at cars. He says we will need to know what the car is like in the winter anyways, I am trying to convince him to stay home :(

adm
02-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, if you're going car shopping I'd head to the Subaru dealership first! :-) It's AWD weather out!!

TrueLine
02-03-2007, 09:53 AM
Calling this a blizzard? 6String must be from Florida

Bawango
02-03-2007, 10:24 AM
:biggrin: The roads are fine. I drove to work this morning and the road are plowed. Of course still drive with caution. And the last time I checked, the weather network.com has Saint John @ -3° Overcast with LIGHT SNOW. Not Blizzard conditions.

Mandy
02-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Remember years ago when it snowed from November straight through until March...hahaha...

Side streets are a little slick. But the main roads seem to be clear. Plows are out. Just be careful. We just came home from hockey, and made it safetly. Some people were cruising along, and sliding all over, but the majority of the drivers were playing it safe.

6sixstring6
02-03-2007, 02:01 PM
BAWANGO.....thw weather network is in Toronto, I was looking out my window and it was snowing so hard when I wrote that, that I couldn't see across the street. Sorry, but I stick by my comments, at the time it was blizzard conditions regardless what someone in Toronto was telling you.

Tara
02-03-2007, 02:22 PM
It wasn't blizzard conditions, it was a little wind blowing some powder around. I've been outside quite a bit today walking around running errands so yes I do actually know what the weather was like! [inappropriate comment]

amethyst
02-03-2007, 02:34 PM
:rofl:
that is all

adm
02-03-2007, 02:42 PM
The Weather Network may be based in TO, but the conditions that they post are based on conditions that are being reported from the airports.

jdcb
02-03-2007, 05:47 PM
BAWANGO.....thw weather network is in Toronto, I was looking out my window and it was snowing so hard when I wrote that, that I couldn't see across the street. Sorry, but I stick by my comments, at the time it was blizzard conditions regardless what someone in Toronto was telling you.

might have had a few moments with WhiteOut condiditions, but not Blizzard conditions. Blizzard is just the popular word used to describe storms...

Dan_Man
02-04-2007, 10:32 AM
That's correct adm, weather conditions are gathered by either FSS's or weather observers at larger airport control towers.

The Weather Network may be based in TO, but the conditions that they post are based on conditions that are being reported from the airports.

adm
02-04-2007, 11:45 AM
:biggrin: Of course I'm right!

It's a female thing......

:rofl:

Go COLTS!!

Bawango
02-04-2007, 05:53 PM
6SICSTRING...Snowing hard and you not being able to see across the street doesn't qualify saturdays weather to be a blizzard.

According to Environment Canada (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_Canada), is that the winter storm must have winds of 40 km/h (25 mph) or more, have snow or blowing snow, visibility less than 1 km (about 5⁄8 mile), a wind chill (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_chill) of less than −25 °C (−13 °F), and that all of these conditions must last for 3 hours or more before the storm can be properly called a blizzard. Other countries, such as the UK, have a lower threshold: the Met Office (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Met_Office) defines a blizzard as "moderate or heavy snow" combined with a mean wind speed of 30 miles per hour and a visibility below 200m..
The weather network may be in TO but like the other members here wrote. The conditions that the WN report are data gathered form the airport.
Were you scheduled in to work Saturday? Cause a "Blizzard" would have been a good excuse not to go to work:rofl: