PDA

View Full Version : Tell us about your childhood pet

puppyluv
02-02-2007, 04:40 PM
The one I remember the most, was a cat named Morris. She (yes she) was named for the Morris on the commericals..she was that finicky!
She was a calico kitty, and had the funniest ways. She could climb up a tree, but you had to go and bring her down, or she would stay there and cry until you did.
Oh she could mouse, and bird very well, so well it wasnt a suprise that she frequently brouhgt home "gifts" for us we would find on the front walk way.
Morris lived to be 21 years old....and then went to Rainbow Bridge.

I finally found some photos of her the other day.I will scan and post them to share..
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/puppyluvs2dawgs/Morris.jpg
Do you have any memories to share?

care1978
02-02-2007, 05:33 PM
i remember all of my pets as a child but the one that was the best would have to be Gretchen... she was a dachshund(red) and i remember when i was 2 years old my mother use to put a gate up in our long hall to block me from being able to get into the kitchen, well Gretchen would come to my rescue everytime! all i needed was a graham wafer, i would call for her and she would jump the gate she was short enough that her hind legs ALWAYS hit the gate knocking it down and setting me free! she was the best!

LiLLY
02-03-2007, 10:15 AM
My cat growing up was named simba, he is still living with my mother he will be 11 in march. He is the most cuddly affectionate cat I have ever seen. He has been through so much too, he has lived through a house fire, fallen out a 2 story window, got out and someone tied him in a garbage bag!!! And ear mites that once we solved the problem deformed his ear!

adm
02-03-2007, 10:37 AM
Her name was Dutchess. She was a Doberman Pinscher - I know, I know...who would own such a viscious dog???

She was soooo viscious that she had to have a cup of tea with my mother before bed, and my infant cousin and her used to curl up in her dog bed and share a baby bottle :-). If Amy was ever missing we would go find the dog bed and lo and behold, more often than not the two of them would be snuggled up together asleep! She loved to run outside and frequently got loose and terrorized the neighbourhood because she could run circles around us all! For her, it was a game! She knew how to get her collar off and would sneak away. She was also a bit of a drinker, and if there were ever any beer bottles laying around after a warm summer's BBQ she would knock them over and lick up the mess! :rofl: Or even better - she would sneak up behind you and knock your arm with her head! She never had an interest for my Cool-Aid, though!

Ahhhh, the childhood memories!

My mother had to have her put down at the age of 13 - old for a large dog. She developed thyroid issues and could no longer go up or down the stairs, and was not living comfortably. Mom had to take 3 days off work after that, and she has not owned another dog since. She says that she doesn't believe that any other dog will ever fill "Dutchie's" shoes, she was such an awesome dog.

Me..well I have 2 cats and 2 dogs now, but the bar was set pretty high by Dutchie! :p

missday
02-03-2007, 10:57 AM
WoW i've had so many pets lol but the one that sticks out the most was my huge German Shepard Bruno. My parents got me him the week after christmas when I was 4 He had huge paws for a puppy lol he was the most amazing dog! He was my babysitter when i would go outside and play my parents never had to worry about me when he was around. We lived kind in the country people loved to fly down our rd and anytime i would try to walk up the driveway close to the rd he would grab the but of my pants and slowly pull me back down the driveway lol. also another thing he did was we had a pure white angora cat with blue eyes names snowball and he was deaf so when the cat would go outside and want to cross the rd the dog would follow the cat to the top of the drive way then walk the cat aross the road then come back into the yard it was haliarouse. my dad and my grandfather used to work until 1 am at the shipyard everynight the dog would do his rounds and go to my grandfathers house next door then go to our neigbors house the next house down from my grandfathers and make sure everything was ok and no one was lurking around then he would come back home and lay infront of our door outside and would not come in until my dad came home. the funny thing is every house on our road was broken into except our three houses lol. then sadly when I was 8 he was hit by a truck. A week after that snowball was hit by a car :( He will always be remebered. lol He used to sleep on the hoods of our visitors cars too lol :)