PDA

View Full Version : Orthodontist suggestion

fergiak
02-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Anyone kow of any orthodontists that are reasonable price and good in dealing with children? Thanks

dittydottie
02-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Not to many here in Saint John.Dr. Sherard is in Market Square but I found him quite pricey.

peewee
02-02-2007, 05:50 PM
Dr. Stackhouse he is great with my kids.we have been going to him for a few years now and it was only 50.00 for the first visit and every one after is free until they need work done.

CanadianChic
02-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Dr. Sherrard used to be more expensive than the others here in the city but now i think Dr. Stackhouse is pretty much in the same range. There is another who is cheaper from what i've heard, but i am a firm believer in " you get what you pay for". With something as important as your teeth, i would go Dr. Sherrard all the way. He is VERY good at what he does. I have seen many of his 'before and afters' in person and it would amaze you.

fergiak
02-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Thanks for the responses. I have never heard of Dr. Stackhouse.. where is that office? And what about Dr. Fitzpatrick ( heard about him tonight).. any experience with either of these? And, with any of them, do they all work with your insurance company.. what I mean is.. will they bill the company directly? Jusy wondering if anyone knows.. thanks again

Luvz_ya
02-03-2007, 08:08 AM
the one that is in market square

CanadianChic
02-03-2007, 11:46 AM
Dr. Sherrard will bill your ins directly, as i am sure the others would too. but that all depends on your insurance company. some companies wont allow it.

*~BuDDy*~
02-03-2007, 02:03 PM
My daughter goes to Dr. Stackhouse, he is awesome.

linder9
02-03-2007, 08:00 PM
My daughter goes to Dr. Sherrard and I think he's Great. My daughter Was supposed to have her braces on for two years. Price 5600.00. She's getting the braces off this month(13monthes later). 180.00/month that's all appointments, 6months wearing a retainer. the appoints are once a month. He is fabulous...

fergiak
02-04-2007, 07:19 PM
I am interested in Dr. Stackhouse.. where is he located?
And just wondering, has anyone had anything to do with Dr. Fitzpatrick?

AreWeThereYetMom
02-04-2007, 10:15 PM
My daughter went for an initial appointment with Dr. Fitzpatrick/Coburg Street, although my hubby went with her to it, he said the dr and office all seemed good and stuff.
Had to pay upfront for the initial visit, and then reimbursed for it through my medical plan. By that, I don't think he direct bills... but plan to find out before we proceed, as she will definitely be getting braces in the next year or so.
She's getting much better with the dentist now, but used to be so terrified of the entire ordeal compared to my boys, that I'm hoping the braces event won't be traumatic.

peewee
02-05-2007, 03:42 PM
560 Main St Suite 350, Saint John, NB, Canada

Phone: (506) 633-0330
Dr. Stackhouse

Clancy
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
I went to Dr Fitz and he is awesome! So funny, and easy to get along with. He jokes around with you. I had mine on when I was a teenager, and even now when I go back for check ups after 10 years he is still great and friendly. Don't know about price, my parents paid.

Clancy
02-09-2007, 03:46 PM
He's on Coburg uptown

QuispamsisHome
02-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Dr. Stackhouse is wonderful...two of my children go to him. His staff are very friendly also. He is located in Chesley Place and also has an office in Rothesay..his number is 633-0330.
I went to Dr.Fitzpatrick as a child and without making any accusations, you could say that I "felt very uncomfortable"...over the years I have also talked with other "girls" who had him and we shared similar experiences. However that was 25 years ago...as one other person commented on this thread, they said that he was great.
Initially, I did also have a consultation with Dr Sherrard and he was more expensive. You may have already found someone by now...Good Luck!!

ckccq
02-28-2007, 09:33 AM
My children have gone to Dr. Fitz for the past four years and he is very professional as well as MUCH cheaper than the prices already listed. I am not sure of the recent prices but a consult is a good idea. he also does payment plans.

Qbee
03-02-2007, 12:04 PM
I have been to all three of them for myself and most recently my son. had the same feeling that Qispamsishome did about Dr Fitzpatrick. Dr sherrard was definitly a couple of grand more than the others. I chose Dr Stackhouse. He is great and always remembers my sons name when ever we run into him around town. He also coaches a kids hockey team in town and we see him at several kids events volunteering his time. He really seems to take the time to make you and your child feel comfortable and well informed.
My son goes for annual check ups until all his baby teeth are gone at no additional cost until he gets the braces on.
Hope this helps,
Good Luck.