PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a dentist?

moniblue
02-02-2007, 01:24 PM
I'm not originally from SJ and I need help finding a good dentist. I'm looking for a dentist who does bridge work. I need to have two new porcelain bridges put in. Has anyone recently had this type of work done and are you happy with the results? If so, please pm me and let me know who did it. If you know of someone I should steer clear of, you can pm me with that info too.

Thanks,
moniblue

Mandy
02-02-2007, 01:49 PM
My Dentist is Dr. Peggy Bown.
She is amazing, the whole office is. (Dr. Tim Chiasson & Dr Carlie Lemoine)
I am not 100% with all the office does, but you could call them and I am sure they would not mind telling you or even referring you to another Dentist if it is not something that they practice.

633-8485 is the number, they are located just before the pedway to Market Square, Uptown Saint John.

Good Luck

adm
02-02-2007, 01:52 PM
I believe that the Bonner Clinic is still taking on new patients.

Good Luck!

fbisassy
02-02-2007, 01:54 PM
shane holt

Marigold
02-02-2007, 02:03 PM
I go to Dr. Brittain, right on Waterloo Street and love him! After not seeing a dentist for 15 years, I was terrified, but knew I had to have a root canal done. He made the whole process pretty much pain free! You'd have to call the office to see if he does bridge work, but I'm sure if he doesn't, he could recommend someone who does.

s

bubbles
02-02-2007, 02:09 PM
ive gone to dr cudmore on millidge ave. since ive had teeth and now my daughter goes there. i have never had i bad experience ever going to him nor has my daughter we both love it there...

mickeymouse
02-02-2007, 02:43 PM
My family goes to Dr. Tilley.He use to be in Place 400, now located on chelsey dr, in the same building of the SMt buses. He is very friendly and so is the others who work with him. Give him a call at 652-8514. Hope this helps

puppyluv
02-02-2007, 04:14 PM
Dr Bonner! fast and efficient ( not the same thing either :)...need to go back to him. I went to someone else in town and she messed up some fillings so badly I ended up going to a dentist in Oromocto to correct her mess! Glad I found Dr bonner now though!

shadoww
02-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Yes the Bonners are great we have been going there for years and years!

Jhazon
02-02-2007, 05:23 PM
Dr. Peggy Bown!!... not only friendly and courteous, but also a very attractive woman! I switched from Tim Chaisson to Peggy... it was easier to take the pain when I was getting a few root canals done!

kerrym
02-02-2007, 06:02 PM
dr shaw is good and very friendly

tred816
02-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I also go to Dr. Tilley. He has very good prices too. Also, a lot of dentists make you pay in advance if you have blue cross. Dr. Tilley only expects the co-pay amount and they bill your health care directly.

Chinna Dah
02-02-2007, 07:05 PM
I have been going to Dr Peter Halford on Lancaster Ave west for 24 years!

domarloc
02-02-2007, 07:54 PM
I also go to Dr. Cudmore on Millidge Avenue and have had no problems at all! Very friendly and always excepting new patients.

babydollbrat
02-02-2007, 10:37 PM
shane holt

Shane is awesome!

I had gone to a different dentist when I first moved to SJ years ago and he pulled a tooth and that night I was in so much pain that I had to go and get it checked and lo and behold it was Shane who fixed me up and called the next day to see how I was doing.
Last week I had a tooth pulled and who called me at home that night to see how I was doing but Shane!
Shane and his staff are the greatest!

sugadip
02-03-2007, 04:15 PM
Dr.Brittain on Waterloo St. He's accepting new patients as well.

michp
02-03-2007, 07:19 PM
I would definelty recommend Dr. Brittain.

moniblue
02-05-2007, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. The dentist I've been going to did the consult regarding the replacement bridges. I called the office to get a little more info and the person who answered said she'd speak to the dentist and call me back. One week later, no call. So last Thursday I call back and speak to someone different. She also tells me she'll speak to the dentist (to find out how much time needs to be booked off for the appt.) and she will call me back. Well 2 more business days have passed...no call. It's not like I'm just going to get my teeth cleaned. I'm about to spend almost $2000 (their estimate) and it seems they don't want my business. I do believe that the dentist would do a good job (in fact, the dentist is suggested in this very thread) but now I'm annoyed that I have to keep calling them. Am I asking too much by expecting them to return my call?

Dr. Bonner and Dr. Brittan seem to have gotten the most votes so I think I'll contact their offices to see if they do bridge work.