PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone Etiquette 101

AngMcC
07-26-2008, 01:38 PM
If you own a cell phone please use discretion when having a conversation on the thing in public.There are too many times I have heard way more over the phone arguments and T.M.I about others personal lives than I care to mention due to the oblivious cell phone user.Normally I would walk away but it is impossible to do so when on the bus or waiting in line with a person who is arguing with someone or yelling details about how drunk they got the previous night.One more point I would like to make is please use the vibrate mode on your cell phone in a theatre/church/meeting,it is only polite!

nasoj007
07-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Hear, Hear.
I'd also like to add... if you're being served by a cashier please don't make a call / answer your phone. If you do get a call a quick can I call you right back would be nice. It's just common courtesy.

fergiak
07-26-2008, 08:57 PM
also, elevators!! I was at the hospital the other day and a worker came in and made a phone call!! How rude.. i think that all calls except emergencys should be made out of a relatively small public area.. bus, theater, elevators, cashier lines.. common courtesy and it is very rude to the cashier...

Pumpkin
07-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Cell phones are everywhere and are becoming more of annoyance, a nuisance every day. You won't escape it there is always people out there that don't care about other people and don't understand the concept of common courtesy. My man has one and I want to get a case for him that says the princess's cell phone. Everywhere we are, doesn't matter what he's doin, his friends call non stop and he answers where ever we are or whatever we are doing and it's ANNOYING and I don't mind tellin him so too :P!!

I get a kick out of the morons who can't read and don't care to try!! Like the BIG signs you don't even have to read....the ones at the gas station that says NO cells phones...yet they all talk on them sittin right at the pumps....Takes all kinds to go around I guess... as long as I am not around when they cause an accident or something explodes because they can't refrain from talking for a few minutes!!

I haven't owned a cell phone in 10 years, they are all garbage in their own way (all the ones I have encountered owning or ones friends have had) and if it's not the phone it's who your getting service from!! Not only that but your paying for a peice of garbage that doesn't work properly half the time, so I decided to save myself 40 - 50 dollars a month and hawked mine for $30 bucks the moment my contract was up!!! Haven't bothered to get one since!!

Besides when i go out of my house away from my home phone I usually enjoy the "quiet time"!! Why would I want a way for everyone to bug me while Im not home :P

CM
07-27-2008, 08:31 PM
First point, I always thought that cell phones were banned in hospitals and doctor's offices. There are big signs before you enter these buildings that ask you to turn off your cell phones. Knowing this, why would a worker be using a cell inside the hospital? Special privileges bestowed on themselves?
Second point, I work in retail. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a customer walks into the store and roams around all the while talking on their cell phone. I think it rude and ignorant. I don't feel comfortable approaching a customer on a phone because I feel like I am violating their personal space.
But the rudest part of all this is, they roam and talk, find what they want and bring it up to the cash, still talking on the phone. I ring them through and not once does the phone get put aside, or the person on the other end get asked to wait a minute.
If I am on the phone at work, business related of course, I see a customer walk into the store, I cut it short quick, or take a name and number so I can return their phone call. It is called common courtesy, for both the person on the phone and the customer.
Just my two cents.

Triple J
07-28-2008, 11:22 AM
I hate when I am at a bus stop and someone has an ear peice thingy on. They are like how are you doing and I say "fine how are you?" and then i realize... LOL

FutureChief88
07-28-2008, 12:47 PM
First point, I always thought that cell phones were banned in hospitals and doctor's offices. There are big signs before you enter these buildings that ask you to turn off your cell phones. Knowing this, why would a worker be using a cell inside the hospital? Special privileges bestowed on themselves?
Second point, I work in retail. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a customer walks into the store and roams around all the while talking on their cell phone. I think it rude and ignorant. I don't feel comfortable approaching a customer on a phone because I feel like I am violating their personal space.
But the rudest part of all this is, they roam and talk, find what they want and bring it up to the cash, still talking on the phone. I ring them through and not once does the phone get put aside, or the person on the other end get asked to wait a minute.
If I am on the phone at work, business related of course, I see a customer walk into the store, I cut it short quick, or take a name and number so I can return their phone call. It is called common courtesy, for both the person on the phone and the customer.
Just my two cents.

Most areas of the hospital allow cell phone usage now.

JR3282
07-28-2008, 01:52 PM
Just my two cents.

I thought the customer was always right...lol

CM
07-28-2008, 08:27 PM
I thought the customer was always right...lol

I wouldn't know, they don't get off their phone long enough for me to find out. LOL