PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else laughing at Boston?

trinity
02-01-2007, 09:17 PM
Essentially an entire city shut down and freaked out over some lite-brite style cartoon marketing campaign advertisements. Makes me want to run out to Toyz R us and buy a Lite Brite.

Dan_Man
02-01-2007, 09:50 PM
Just goes to show how paranoid they really are...

frylock
02-01-2007, 09:56 PM
Haha, I hadn't heard about this and had to look it up because I had been so busy.

But the ads were apparently for Aqua Teen Hunger Force -- it's a hilarious show. :rofl:

I like to watch it, as my username suggests :biggrin:

frylock
02-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Funny, it was in 9 cities, and only Boston went crazy:

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/world/story.html?id=767a93e1-aaa1-458f-9a0f-37e499a6bb63&k=65601
BOSTON (AP) - In nine cities across the country, blinking electronic signs displaying a profane, boxy-looking cartoon character caused barely a stir.

But in Boston, the signs - some with protruding wires - sent a wave of panic across the city, bringing out bomb squads and prompting officials to shut down highways, bridges and part of the Charles River. Something that may have been amusing in other cities was not funny to authorities here, the city that served as the base for the hijackers who carried out the Sept. 11 attacks. Officials defended their reaction Thursday even as two men charged in the case, and some residents, mocked the response as overblown.

TrueLine
02-01-2007, 10:27 PM
Boston's Logan Airport is where the 911 flights left from...I'm sure they'll be uptight for years to come.

jdcb
02-02-2007, 07:48 AM
I couldn't stop laughing... the mayor said they were 'explosive like devices.' Heck, hair jell is an explosive type device now...

Did you see thier press conference after court, they refused to talk about hairsyles and how they influenced hair styles in the 70's...