PDA

View Full Version : favorite movie of all time

jimee
12-07-2006, 09:40 AM
What's your favourite movie of all time and why. One of my favourites is "Gone with the Wind": I can't say that I liked this movie the first time I saw it; no, I absolutely hated it. I can't say that I liked it the second time I saw it; no, I absolutely loved it. I can't say that I like it any less each time I see it again; no, I love it more every time I see it.

Eremda
12-07-2006, 03:27 PM
My favorite of all time is Steel Magnolias. Makes me cry every time.

bleacherbutt
12-07-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm having a hard time between "Bridges of Madison County" and "The Color Purple"

I guess I love them both the same. lol

hiph0p
12-07-2006, 10:40 PM
boys in the hood! been my favorite since forever now even though i still know all the words i still love it each time i watch it

and theres a tie between that and Basket Ball Diaries.. 2 of my favorite hot guys are in it (leo and marky mark:)) and i just think its an awsome movie and funny but i dont think you can buy it anymore i once watched it8 times in one day

and recently watched movies....

just like heaven ! i cry everytime i see it
and for funnies is CLICK!
even though it was funny i cried at the end

:)

Tara
12-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I must say I am a huge fan of Shawshank Redemption

user5624
12-07-2006, 11:04 PM
I have 4 - World Trade Center, Da Vinci Code, Stigmata and Bride and Prejudice.

Steel Magnolias was a really good movie though!

hiph0p
12-07-2006, 11:18 PM
i wanted to see world trade center ... is that eve out yet on dvd?

user5624
12-07-2006, 11:33 PM
i wanted to see world trade center ... is that eve out yet on dvd?

Not yet. It will be December 12th. I loved it!! I've seen it about 4 times.

hiph0p
12-08-2006, 10:08 AM
:D i'm going to get one saved at blockbuster for me now lol

djchopper6969
12-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Call me Crazy if you want but I was so impressed by "the six sense" even though it is not my favorite movie it blew me away I didn't see the ending coming at all.

I also agree with hiph0p about "basket ball diaries" that was such a good movie.

I just thought of another one "american history X" loved that one too Edward Norton is one of my favorite actors because of that movie.

hiph0p
12-08-2006, 01:41 PM
yeah i own american history X too.. good movie.. another movie that i liked was "KIDS" that got pulled off the shelf years ago.

sugadip
12-08-2006, 02:11 PM
I love almost every single movie but my top 5 are : "Wizard of Oz", "Shawshank Redemption", "White Christmas", "Juice" and "The Notebook"

Also the Sixth Sense was one of the first movies that I didn't see the ending coming at all, awesome movie too but once you've seen it I find it hard to watch again because you already know the ending and it's not much of a suprise.

daneast
12-08-2006, 02:59 PM
Shawshank Redemption, I Am Sam...A River Runs Through It

missle51
12-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Would have to say its a toss up between Armageddon, city of Angels, and A Few Good Men.

Corinne
12-08-2006, 08:44 PM
Stand by Me
Life as a House
Braveheart
Shawshank Redemption

Ice97
12-08-2006, 10:14 PM
So many people liked the Sixth Sense.....and I completely hated it. But for favorite movies....Starship Troopers, Conan and the Rambo movies. American History X is pretty good. Truly disturbing in parts.....especially during the "curb stomp"

Chinna Dah
12-09-2006, 07:50 AM
Pretty Woman, and The Green Mile. I own both and have watched both of them many many times.

Shawshank Redemption is an excellent movie too.

moniblue
12-09-2006, 08:37 PM
American History X is pretty good. Truly disturbing in parts.....especially during the "curb stomp"

Couldn't agree with you more. I loved this movie but that scene was difficult to watch.

I have a long list of favorite movies but if I had to pick a fave I would have to say Life as a House. I also really liked Road to Perdition and Crash (last years oscar winner) was a terrific movie too.

sugadip
12-10-2006, 04:34 AM
For comedies I love the movie Overboard with Goldie Hawn, but for a more recent movie I love How to lose a guy in 10 days. Funny that it's mother and daughter!

wildberry
12-11-2006, 08:41 PM
My all time favorite is My Girl. It from the early 90's starring Macaulay Culkin. I have watched it thousands of times and still cry every time.I even named my daughter Vayda. Vada Sultenfuss is the name of the young girl in the movie. I mean I change the spelling didn't want to be to crazy. lol

tred816
12-12-2006, 01:55 PM
No movie has ever caught my attention and excited me as much as "THE MATRIX" wow, I finished watching it at 3am and wanted to call people to tell them to watch it. The graphics were so smooth and sleek. It was wild.

SJGirl28
12-12-2006, 10:24 PM
Shawshank Redemption was friggin great.. and I love The Wizard Of Oz..lol always been a fave of mine

BEagles
12-13-2006, 02:30 PM
yeah i own american history X too.. good movie.. another movie that i liked was "KIDS" that got pulled off the shelf years ago.

Pulled off the shelves? It's available right now at HMV on DVD.

Good Will Hunting.

stjfairy
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
my fave is "The sea prince and the fire child" just a favorite from when I was a kid,

An adult favorite would be Run Lola Run and Braveheart.

tessa
12-13-2006, 09:08 PM
I also loved "pretty woman" , i could watch that over and over...Another was "fear" , it had resse witherspoon, and a few others that went on to be in , tv shows..such as the guy on "CSI", As the father, and the girl off of judging amy, As the step- mother..

Mandy
12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
Loved "The Notebook" and "The Family Stone"

djchopper6969
12-28-2006, 02:41 PM
wildberry I was not surprised to read your post how many times did we go see that movie in the parkway mall theatre......

Mandy I also LOVED "the notebook" I watched it with my mom and she cried so hard she couldn't talk.

Mandi
12-28-2006, 02:48 PM
wildberry I was not surprised to read your post how many times did we go see that movie in the parkway mall theatre......

Mandy I also LOVED "the notebook" I watched it with my mom and she cried so hard she couldn't talk.
-chuckle- I'm SO glad to know I wasn't the only one. I went through almost a half box of kleenex. -sniff sniff- It was a nice movie. I couldn't really saw what my favorite movie would be though.
I actually really enjoyed 'The Last Sammauri'

The_Dave
12-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I have 2, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly and Shawshank Redemption.

The_Dave
12-28-2006, 05:07 PM
favorite movie as a kid, Where The Red Fern Grows.

Vix
12-28-2006, 06:47 PM
I've always loved the original "Parent Trap" with Hayley mills and I have seen "Twister" like 30 times.....lol

Vix

zeppelin
12-29-2006, 01:06 PM
I would have to say The Notebook, Trainspotting, Amadeus, and Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring are my top favorite movies. But if I'm in the Christmas mood I really love to watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.....I can watch it a hundred times.

vanessalynn5484
12-29-2006, 03:10 PM
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas & Pulp Fiction, but I LOVE Christmas Vacation too. lol

MrsBeasley
12-30-2006, 06:31 PM
The Notebook and the Green Mile

Mandi
12-30-2006, 06:35 PM
Oh I have no Idea how I forgot... But I also adore 'A Beautiful Mind.' And 'The Life nd Times of David Gail.'

oldnugly
12-31-2006, 09:59 AM
oh so many to choose from. i only seen one movie i didnt like, and that was pi. a couple of my faves are life in the midlands, station agent, buffalo 66, twin peaks idaho, interstate 84, this is my father, in the name of thy father. i will stop there cuz i could go on and on and on. and every time i think of one five more pop into my head. sorry i cant pick just one.

oldnugly
12-31-2006, 10:59 AM
i meant twin FALLS idaho. thats not the first time that one slipped out of me.

jonah
12-31-2006, 01:38 PM
First of all Super Troopers I know just about all the words and I'm picking up Beerfest soon that movie was good. I loved American History X, its a thinking movie it requires alot of thought processing, it really affected me. I love The Matrix, its the only one out of the trilogy that I still watch, also all 3 Saw movies and the 2 Pirates Of The Carribean films. Can't belive noone picked the Saw trilogy.....

serialspell
01-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Favorite movie as a kid was always back to the future

as an adult dogma was a real eye opener

eagallant
01-25-2007, 06:35 PM
"Taps" for sure; "Ghost" absolutely, "the Hiding Place & Schindler's List" and of course Shrek!!

Pumpkin
01-28-2007, 11:38 PM
I am a movie freak, hard to choose.

The Mummy
Twister
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (recent version)
Jaws (series)
Saw
Lord of the Rings

I could go on and on....

I just saw The Hitcher remake, and I am a bit addicted to that now! Can't wait til it comes out to buy!!!!

EAMM
02-01-2007, 06:56 PM
The movies I think are the best are John Tucker Must Die , Accepted and A Epic Movie

marriedchickie
02-01-2007, 09:47 PM
I am a big movie fan...but hands down..my fav is lord of the rings..I even have a tatoo in elvish writing:biggrin:

Turtle
04-21-2007, 03:50 PM
My favourite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas because it's dark and it's different and I love the story and the characters and the music. I like the idea of changing christmas and giving it a darker aspect.

eagallant
04-22-2007, 08:06 AM
My favourite movie is The Nightmare Before Christmas because it's dark and it's different and I love the story and the characters and the music. I like the idea of changing christmas and giving it a darker aspect.

Our Halloween party this year was based on that movie (I still had my Christmas Tree up and the living room fully decorated). My oldest daughter LOVES it and I think she looks like Sally.

angeliiiss
04-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Any Clint Eastwood movie,all the National Lampoon movies with Chevy Chase, but a big favorite was the mini series Roots.

bigmatt506
05-22-2007, 06:47 PM
8 mile was a great movie but the best of all time goes to 2pac in juice no doubt

Oolong
09-26-2007, 02:57 PM
I don't know about ALL TIME, since my favourites do seem to vary every so many years or so, but recent contenders would probably be Ikiru and Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma.

jamez
09-26-2007, 06:24 PM
the insider by far. watched it 100 times easy.
scent of a woman
hide and seek - crazy ending
the notebook
something's gotta give
as good as it gets
the bourne identity movies were pretty good, way better than any bond
apollo 13
the departed
reign over me (real sept 11 movie)
worst movie is 8 mile. i used to love it until i watched it with my girlfriend.she somehow took the fun out of it.lol

KRS
10-01-2007, 11:43 AM
Billy Madison.

sanstu
10-01-2007, 12:57 PM
I can watch "What About Bob", (Bill Murry, Richard Dryfuss,I believe) over and over. This movie is just too funny!!!

Lady_Athena
10-01-2007, 03:14 PM
I do not think I could ever pick one movie to be my favorite for all time, it changes so often and there are a lot of them. Clerks, I heart Huckabees, The Crow, Interview with the Vampire, Fear and Loathing, Snatch, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill Vol 1 & 2, but I like 2 better. 300 was the first action movie created recently I've seen in a long time that I really liked, so it gets an honorable mention. It has a good story.

lol See I said I couldn't pick....

Oolong
10-01-2007, 07:45 PM
300 was the first action movie created recently I've seen in a long time that I really liked, so it gets an honorable mention. It has a good story.

I know a lot of people raved about 300 but it took a few too many liberties with both the Battle of Thermopylae and the Spartan culture itself for my liking... I preferred The 300 Spartans film from the 60's, which, while still taking a few liberties with history, was more like an actual film and less like a comic book set to film.

ksbeckaa
10-02-2007, 02:55 AM
The Princess Bride

Lady_Athena
10-02-2007, 11:33 PM
I know a lot of people raved about 300 but it took a few too many liberties with both the Battle of Thermopylae and the Spartan culture itself for my liking... I preferred The 300 Spartans film from the 60's, which, while still taking a few liberties with history, was more like an actual film and less like a comic book set to film.

I know what you mean because I have a looove of history. I study the most about the French revolution and how it came to be. I also enjoy researching the "sparks" that cause war and what leads up to them. Way off topic I know, but ah well :rofl:

I hardly ever watch new movies I am always disappointed with them. While 300 may not have been accurate I appreciated how there was some continuation. Like he learned in that cave how to kill the beast using his wit when he was overpowered.

And ofcourse...all the Spartan cuties!!!!!!!! just kidding. lol At least there wasn't a lot of naked woman dancing around. As action movies so often rely on the female body for their "money shots".

Lady_Athena
10-03-2007, 01:27 PM
I forgot to mention Reservoir Dogs. Although I have to hide my eyes when they are torturing the poor cop. I do not like that part :(

Oolong
10-03-2007, 03:07 PM
And ofcourse...all the Spartan cuties!!!!!!!! just kidding. lol At least there wasn't a lot of naked woman dancing around. As action movies so often rely on the female body for their "money shots".

Bah, they was just scrawny ladies anyway, heh...

But at least New Brunswick's own Robert Maillet was in 300. That was kinda neat I guess.

Drucifer
10-04-2007, 12:24 PM
A few of my current favorites are:

Mulholland Dr.
Being John Malkovich
Magnolia
The Toxic Avenger IV: Citizen Toxie
Man Bites Dog
Funny Games

FutureChief88
10-04-2007, 12:45 PM
American History X!

One of the best movies i have ever seen!

Training Day
John Q
Bulletproof
Neverending Story
All Saw Movies..
Resident Evil's As well

Oolong
10-04-2007, 01:13 PM
If you liked American History X, you ought to see Romper Stomper. Similar subject matter, but being an Australian film, it's not the typical Hollywood approach, and the characters don't necessarily see the error of their ways, much like real people.

FutureChief88
10-04-2007, 01:52 PM
Which is always what i like.. I like movies when people dont realize.. it seems more real. I will have to check that out! Thanks!

Also LOVED Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz! WOOT..
The Chamber
Fracture
Silence of the Lambs and all the movies that go with that series!

Love Anthony Hopkins And Gene Hackman

Drucifer
10-04-2007, 02:57 PM
Shaun of the Dead was terrific however, I didn't care for Hot Fuzz.

Life of Brian is another one of my favorites. :P

Lady_Athena
10-04-2007, 03:06 PM
Requiem for a Dream is one I forgot. Not for the faint of the heart.:p Jared Leto pre eyeliner...*sigh*

FutureChief88
10-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Requiem for a Dream is one I forgot. Not for the faint of the heart.:p Jared Leto pre eyeliner...*sigh*

LOL!!!

Yea i think i only liked Hott Fuzz cause of the guys that are in it from shaun of the Dead.. I liked Shaun of the dead MUCH better.. there was no comparison at all!

God that was a great movie!

O and of course.. STAR WARS!
I call R2D2.. Mechaniwee!
LOL

Oolong
10-05-2007, 12:30 PM
I think Sword of Doom and The Seven Samurai are pretty high up in my books.