06-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Interesting read
http://www.ic.gc.ca/epic/site/crp-prda.nsf/en/rp01162e.html

kaj27
06-30-2008, 01:48 PM
Anything to help the rich get richer.

Woofer
06-30-2008, 02:24 PM
so what that means i guess is alot of people will cancel their high speed if they are not allowed to use it for downloading. why pay 50$ plus a month just to surf the net.

CM
06-30-2008, 09:40 PM
so what that means i guess is alot of people will cancel their high speed if they are not allowed to use it for downloading. why pay 50$ plus a month just to surf the net.

That is funny, my hubby said almost the same thing word for word.

kaj27
06-30-2008, 10:22 PM

I would say this would be a way to put the pinch on ISPs, but....dial up is more of a money grab.

trinity
07-01-2008, 12:29 AM
I don't know, I have high speed and the number of unpaid songs I have downloaded in my life wouldn't reach double digits; I have only downloaded a few rare specialty songs that I couldn't find for sale at a music store or site, like Allan Sherman comedy songs or the lullaby "Ann-Margrock" [Ann-Margret] sang to Pebbles in the Flintstones. One time I downloaded songs from an artist whose CD I had actually purchased and then dropped a heavy book on it and broke a chunk out of the CD. I don't believe in free downloads period; I realize my stance is unpopular and almost completely unsupported by the world at large. I believe in paying for services rendered, whether that service is an actual physical item, entertainment, or intellectual property. I am the "freak" who donates $1 to recipesource.com when I find a useful recipe that I actually make and enjoy. I donate the same $1 to wikipedia or snopes.com when I am able to find information I actually need.

paak
07-01-2008, 02:06 AM
LOL

Theres more to the internet than just pirated software/movies/music..

You almost have to have high-speed now to just to keep up with software/windows updates. And just trying loading any website on dialup now-a-days...