PDA

View Full Version : Shapeshifting Skyscraper

bradorna
06-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Take a look at the news article on the Yahoo canada home page. It is of a shapeshifting Skyscraper. Unreal!!!!

It is pretty cool but it kind of would freak me out living in it. Would you????

One good thing about it would be that you have a different view out of ever window you look out each day.

Kind of puts a damper on keeping an eye on your car in the parking lot (that is if you live near enough to the the ground that you could actually see it). You would be running thru the whole place to figure out which window to look out today to see it.......lol.

Oh one more silly thing.... some people want apts. on the side of the building that gets no direct sunlight. Oops , big problem here!!!!

Ok I will stop now and get a life...:rofl:

Marigold
06-26-2008, 10:33 AM
I saw that on CNN yesterday. It does seem like a neat idea. As for the no direct sunlight, I've been to Dubai, there's no such thing! LOL

s

bradorna
06-26-2008, 11:23 AM
I saw that on CNN yesterday. It does seem like a neat idea. As for the no direct sunlight, I've been to Dubai, there's no such thing! LOL

s

Yes you have a point there. I have just been to the airport there, but was in Kuwait for 7 months and the sunlight is constant as well as the sereing heat. you could never survive there either without air conditioning. Dubai is one place i would love to go and visit. It is absolutely beautiful, but a tad bit expensive to live unless you happen be lucky enough to be mattied to an Arabian sheike.....lol

bradorna
06-26-2008, 11:24 AM
Yes you have a point there. I have just been to the airport there, but was in Kuwait for 7 months and the sunlight is constant as well as the sereing heat. you could never survive there either without air conditioning. Dubai is one place i would love to go and visit. It is absolutely beautiful, but a tad bit expensive to live unless you happen be lucky enough to be mattied to an Arabian sheike.....lol

I meant married.....lousy at typing today

Marigold
06-26-2008, 02:51 PM
I know it! There is no middle class in Dubai, only the really rich and the poor. I know it's off topic to the subject, but it must have been interesting to be in Kuwait. Being overseas for four months has given me the urge to work elsewhere, but alas, I must wait until my son finishes school!
s

bradorna
06-26-2008, 06:58 PM
I loved being there and seeing the different culture. very strict by our standards, no alcohol, drugs or crime. There if you do the crime you don't just do the time you get hung publically. there were 3 just while I was there and one was for pot only. But Oh do I love being in different countries, states , provinces, you name it. I think I am a reincarnated gypsy. I been lots of places and I'm not done yet...I hope

rhiley_08j
06-29-2008, 10:41 AM
That seems like a pretty strange concept to me. I can definitely see some severe safety issues with it. It definitely wouldn't be practical for anyone that suffers from motion sickness. Also the facts that the units not only rotate but also move up and down could cause problems. The article doesn't really go into details other than it would be operated by wind turbine, but what about the units when they are moving up and down, if the system was to fail, tenants would be trapped. I personally wouldn't pay millions to live there.

kaj27
06-29-2008, 01:27 PM
That seems like a pretty strange concept to me. I can definitely see some severe safety issues with it. It definitely wouldn't be practical for anyone that suffers from motion sickness. Also the facts that the units not only rotate but also move up and down could cause problems. The article doesn't really go into details other than it would be operated by wind turbine, but what about the units when they are moving up and down, if the system was to fail, tenants would be trapped. I personally wouldn't pay millions to live there.

Sure those problems you mentioned might happen with North American engineering :D