PDA

View Full Version : seasonal allergies

dan j
06-22-2008, 07:30 PM
someone help me. modern science can not help me at this point.

i don't know what to do. i can't stand it.

catherineandcathyjo
06-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Hi, i dont know what your particular problem is, but i also am bothered by seasonal allergies, have tried all the meds on the market, my 2 things that have worked the best are saline nasal spray 2 times a day, i had been taking perscription after perscription, and penecillin, only to go from steroids to penecillin, and feeling lousy. Someone told me to take honey from new brunswick, because the bees would have collected it from the area we live and to take saline as a nasal spray. I said i had nothing to lose, i have tried it and this is the first year that i can actually go outside,, work in the yard, and not have severe headaches and a stuffed up nose and chest. I do not know if this is why i am feeling better but i think it did work for me. I am not a doctor or have any claim to such , but i do know i have suffered many years with this and my doctor keeps telling me to start allergy shots. But i feel so much better now that i am going to keep doing this instead of pursuing the needles. Hope you find something that works for you. Oh yes, i have stopped eating anything that has additives and preservatives in them. Good luck, catherineandcathy-jo

dan j
06-23-2008, 07:16 AM
so, you only eat local honey and saline spray and that works for you?

tish
06-23-2008, 07:48 AM
In the past I have started my son on Reactine ( is the one that finally agreed with him) early before allergy season comes...early June. Since we have started that regime, he has had very few problems.

catherineandcathyjo
06-24-2008, 06:39 AM
Hi Dan, it seems to, we also were away for 6 weeks and i got honey from that area and for the first time i did not have migrane headaches for the entire trip. That is the only thing i did different. I am also extremely careful about food additives, i refuse to eat anything i havent cooked from scratch. This is an extreme measure, you may not need to do this, but please understand i did have to do this for my own health. I do have food allergies also. Good luck, catherineandcathyjo

Atchbe
06-24-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm like catherine, I steer clear of any foods that are processed and prepare foods fresh. I try to buy only organic foods as this helps me to avoid pesticides and unnatural synthetic fertilizers etc. Also, fish is great especially wild Alaskan salmon, mackerel, sardines etc as they contain omega 3 fatty acids which are wonderful for allergies.

Some herbs to look into for allergies are stinging nettle and quercetin. A good diet to follow is a low protein diet and try to eliminate milk and milk products as the protein in cows milk is a frequent offender.

You may want to pick up an air filter as well, preferably a HEPA.

sanstu
07-13-2008, 06:12 PM
For anyone that wants info on APITHERAPY; an age-old practice that uses honey, pollen and other bee-derived products to allieviate allergies, simply google, tons and tons of info.