PDA

View Full Version : the movie happening

wiggy
06-17-2008, 09:33 AM
is there any complants on the movie the Happening in general

bradorna
06-18-2008, 10:27 PM
We just went to see the movie tonight and it was good. One minute you have to chuckle a bit at certain things being said and then the next something happens that makes you jump out of your seat. For me it was worth going to see. I like some suspense in movies and this one has enough to make you wonder what is next or what the heck is going on. It is difficult to explain without giving it away but for me it was worth seeing for sure. I guess it all depends on your taste. My husband and I both have completely different tastes in movies but this was enjoyed by both of us.

coffeegal
06-19-2008, 07:31 AM
*****Spoiler Alert, do not read if you intend on seeing the movie*****

Im glad you enjoyed it Bradorna. I haven't been to a movie in months and was really disappointed in it. I actually waited for the credits to end at the end of the movie because I thought there must be more, it can't be over, lol. I really liked his movie "The Sixth Sense", so I guess I expected more from this one. There were noticeable goofs in the movie though, that were kind of funny, like the microphone appearing at the top of the screen in several scenes, lol. And Betty Buckley appearing as the old haggard woman near the end, that was priceless, lol. To me, the movie was like a "B" movie with "A" stars, But like you said, I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

bradorna
06-20-2008, 08:11 AM
*****Spoiler Alert, do not read if you intend on seeing the movie*****

Im glad you enjoyed it Bradorna. I haven't been to a movie in months and was really disappointed in it. I actually waited for the credits to end at the end of the movie because I thought there must be more, it can't be over, lol. I really liked his movie "The Sixth Sense", so I guess I expected more from this one. There were noticeable goofs in the movie though, that were kind of funny, like the microphone appearing at the top of the screen in several scenes, lol. And Betty Buckley appearing as the old haggard woman near the end, that was priceless, lol. To me, the movie was like a "B" movie with "A" stars, But like you said, I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

I do also have to agree with you, I had expected a whole lot more because I had been waiting for it to come and was a little shocked that it was so layback to what I thought it would be. Man you are observient or am i just blind? I did not even notice the microphone, (probably one of the times I was telling my husband to stop talking). And also I'm still stumped over the quick ending!!!! Suppose the reason I enjoyed it was because my husband actually stopped working long enough to take me........lol

coffeegal
06-20-2008, 09:17 AM
*****spoiler alert*****

Yeah, sometimes its nice to get out no matter what you end up seeing, lol. The microphone was really noticeable the last half and hour of the show. You will have to look for it when it comes out on DVD;) , lol.