PDA

View Full Version : isaintjohn down a lot????

nasoj007
06-06-2008, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure if it's a problem with my computer or this site. It's seems like every other day I get a 'sight cannot be found message' when I try to visit this site. I can try and try over a period of a few hours and still get the same message. The next day Bam isaintjohn's back again.
Does this happen to anyone else or is it my computer? I only ask because it seems to be happening more and more(it's happened at least 2 or 3 times this week alone).

Thanks.

Pumpkin
06-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Me too! I have found the same thing!

Woofer
06-06-2008, 12:08 PM
if your on aliant then thats the problem, it takes the server awhile to update, i switch to rogers and isaintjohn has never gone down on me yet,

admin
06-06-2008, 12:20 PM
We're not sure why this happens. As woofer mentions, the site itself has excellent uptime (essentially 100%) - but for some reason, Aliant frequently has trouble connecting to it.

If you're on Aliant, sometimes it will work at www.isaintjohn.com (http://www.isaintjohn.com/) but not isaintjohn.com (without the www)... and other times, vice versa.

But people on Rogers and other ISPs are able to connect with no problem. And even most other Aliant customers can connect... it seems to affect only a small portion of Aliant customers at a time.

Hopefully, if enough people complain to Aliant about it, they can fix the problem :) We have tried asking about it, but did not have much luck.

kaj27
06-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Perhaps Aliant connects with too many hops. I don't have Aliant so I cannot check but if anyone knows what I mean, perhaps they could test....

livkat
06-06-2008, 01:51 PM
I too have this problem. Being a new computer owner I had no clue what the problem was.

NoseToTheGrind
06-06-2008, 03:43 PM
I'm on aliant, and never had this prob, its always there.