PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of selling vehicle but no idea of value.

Proud Mama
05-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Hi all. We are presently contemplating to sell our 2004 Ford Freestar SE minivan but we don't know what would be the value of the van at this time. I don't know if anyone out there is good at determining prices so I thought I would ask. It has A/C, Tilt wheel, cruise control, AM/FM CD, Power windows, lock and mirrors, roof rack, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, intermittent wipers, tinted glass, bucket seats, It also has the Stow 'n' Go rear seat that folds down in the floor, leaving lots of room for transporting things. It only has a little over 62,000 kms.

Let me know if anyone has any idea.

dan j
05-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Take a look online here, other sites, the paper, and elsewhere to see what people have sold similar vehicles for. Then, look up the page some on the auto classifieds and post it for sale here.

kaj27
05-29-2008, 07:02 PM
http://www.kbb.com/

They can give you a rough idea, it's American but since exchange is pretty much par. Also they allow you to choose a state close to us(maine) so the estimate is closer.

Sheila_1980
05-29-2008, 07:20 PM
I'd buy a copy of the "auto trader" and have a peak to see what others are going for.

Good luck! :D

dally
05-29-2008, 09:19 PM
Go to www.vmrcanada.com (http://www.vmrcanada.com) Look under Canadian used car/truck value.

V6Nside
05-30-2008, 07:16 AM
autotrader.ca

make sure you search in this area because your van maybe worth less in another province.

Also, how soon do you want to sell it? sooner=lower asking price

KET
05-30-2008, 08:09 AM
Let me know when you want to sell and how much. I am in the market for a reliable used mini van.

Thanks

notfarnow
05-30-2008, 09:04 AM
http://www.kbb.com/

They can give you a rough idea, it's American but since exchange is pretty much par. Also they allow you to choose a state close to us(maine) so the estimate is closer.

Difficult to gauge local value based on info from the US market. Prices are just too different. Danj had it right... look at ads from this region, in the newspaper, online etc. And try to look at private sales, not dealer prices.

kaj27
05-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Difficult to gauge local value based on info from the US market. Prices are just too different. Danj had it right... look at ads from this region, in the newspaper, online etc. And try to look at private sales, not dealer prices.

I've never had an issue. Normally used cars in Maine are the same price as here.

chevybeerman
05-30-2008, 09:02 PM
you can also go to motor vechile branch and get the blue book value on your vechile.it will give you a rough starting idea

Proud Mama
06-10-2008, 09:00 PM
Sorry ket but only got your message today. We already sold the van but for less than red book value, as there was a lot of competition for van that were newer but more kms. I filled my new vehicle today and it cost $50.00 less to fill for the same mileage. Ridiculous.

inuit
06-11-2008, 05:57 AM
I hear you. I had to buy a van awhile back because we are doing a lot of work around the house and I was tired of paying delivery charges fo everything, Last week it cost me 97 dollars to fill it from a little less than 1/8 of a tank. I sure miss my Ford Aspire.

kaj27
06-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Sorry ket but only got your message today. We already sold the van but for less than red book value, as there was a lot of competition for van that were newer but more kms. I filled my new vehicle today and it cost $50.00 less to fill for the same mileage. Ridiculous.

What did you purchase?

From the fuel light coming on it costs me about $85 to fill my Jetta. But as I mentioned before I fill up once or twice a month. Depending on where I go.