PDA

View Full Version : Arm N Hammer scoopable flushable litter

trinity
01-27-2007, 04:46 PM
I found this amazing product last month at Wal mart, and do you think I can find it again? I have looked EVERYWHERE. I love it, and I am running low on it in the litter box. It is guaranteed flushable! I am so much more likely to scoop more often if there is an easy disposal method (my litter pan is in my bathroom). Does anyone know where I can get it? I have been back to WalMart, looked at 3 different Sobeys and Superstore, NO LUCK.

Tara
01-27-2007, 05:22 PM
What! I got mine at wal mart a couple of weeks ago. Let me know where you find some when you do, i won't use anything else now!

trinity
01-27-2007, 07:37 PM
Maybe it is just so good, that's why I can't find it LOL.

Cherry Pop
01-27-2007, 09:25 PM
How big is the box and is it expensive? Sounds like something I would like to try.

care1978
01-27-2007, 10:19 PM
you should call walmart and ask them whe nthey are going to have it in Again! how much does this cost? it sounds like something i definately wanna try!

trinity
01-28-2007, 12:46 AM
you should call walmart and ask them whe nthey are going to have it in Again! how much does this cost? it sounds like something i definately wanna try!

It cost a bit more than my usual, about a $1.50 more for the box but it has lasted way longer, at least for me. I used to put off scooping the litter for days until it got bad enough that I had to just dump the pan and start over. Now because it is so easy to dispose of, I pretty much remember to scoop every day and it keeps the litter fresh.

Tara
01-28-2007, 06:46 AM
I think it's about 7 for the box at walmart

trinity
01-28-2007, 10:38 AM
I think it's about 7 for the box at walmart

That's the price I remember too. The most recent time I was at Walmart, the kitty litter shelves looked like they had been raided by ravaging hordes, there were 2 lonely bags of some generic litter on an otherwise empty riser. I think people are buying it for traction on the ice, but if so, I believe they are mistaken, the clay-based scoopable stuff won't do much for that-I put some clumping stuff on ice once and all it did was dissolve and make mud. It USED to be that kitty litter was just a fine ground grit 'n' gravel mix, back in the day, and then it was a good substitute, not today.

trinity
01-28-2007, 07:06 PM
FOUND SOME! Today at Walmart. ot was 6.98. You have to watch, there are two kinds of Arm N Hammer, one is flushable and the other is just regular scoopable.

scuddles
01-29-2007, 08:02 AM
I think Giant Tiger also sells this brand of litter. I had used it once and am pretty sure that is where I purchased it.

tred816
01-29-2007, 02:18 PM
Just an FYI - I was using flushable litter and loved it as well, but had my septic tank cleaned in the fall and they told me not to use it. It's still really hard on the plumbing and can cause problems with your septic. It was also guaranteed flushable (can't remember the brand, but it was in a green bag at SuperValue/Superstore for anyone who still wants to try it).

I didn't care as much when I didn't have to deal with septic issues, but now, it's not worth the risk.

T4
01-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Giant Tiger sells it too

clairegt
01-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Just looked it up, sounds pretty good i might look for some too
http://www.armhammerpets.com/flush.aspx

Cherry Pop
01-30-2007, 01:49 PM
I bought some of this at Walmart today. They had quite a few boxes when I went in if anyone is looking for it.

trinity
01-30-2007, 03:48 PM
It does say on the box to not use if you have a septic tank.

Cherry Pop
02-10-2007, 07:34 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that this is an excellent product. My parents had to take care of my cat while I was in the hospital and they found this litter so much easier for them to keep clean while I was gone. Thanks Trinity for telling us about this!!