PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Who wants a Hard Rock-Metal / Euro HR-Metal Radio Station in SJ?

Freudian
05-23-2008, 08:32 PM
POLL

Am I the only person in SJ that has been wishing a new radio station in Saint John would pop up that plays primarily North American & European Hard Rock, Metal, Goth music?

Would you like to have a station like this?

We have 3 radio stations in SJ that already play the exact same things as the other, over and over and over. It's time for a change.

** This is just a personal interest, nothing to do with market research **

<< . Freudian . >>

orange
05-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I dunno if there's enough of a market for it? ...since Saint John isn't that big, and the demographics are that the population is older than the Canadian average.

Also, the audience for radio is shrinking as some people switch to satellite radio or mp3/podcasts.

But it seems like something C98 could add to their mix (I forget what they're called now... is it Big John FM? It's hard to keep track, because there's John, Bob FM, Jack FM, etc. :rofl:)

rhiley_08j
05-23-2008, 10:27 PM
I would vote on your poll but there doesn't seem to be a response for me. I don't feel that the radio stations that are available play junk music but at the same time I do realize that there are many different music genres. You are not the only person that feels the way you do. I think that there should certainly be more music stations that appeal to various people and styles of music. I have a friends that plays in a band that plays death metal, goth etc. and their band airs on the radio in Europe. If we had the same type of radio broadcasts as there than he would be able to here his music locally and he would be ecstatic.

livkat
05-24-2008, 10:37 AM
I can't vote either. I have xm radio( satelite radio) with at least 100 different stations. We made the switch because we were tired of the same ol radio stations.:)

puppyluv
05-25-2008, 04:04 PM
We are the same as livkat..satellite here..we always have Hair Nation/80's/classic rewind/buzzSaw.TheVault playing. Seldom ever have the radio on execpt for morning before work..and that is 96.1..which isnt in any of those catagories

dan j
05-26-2008, 05:04 PM
Where is the?

No. I'm tired of mainstream music. The good music is rarely played.

(meaning I'd still not listen to commercial radio and not listen to a station that played that music either.)

I listen to my iPod or the CBC in the car and wakeup to the CBC.

Sheila_1980
05-28-2008, 07:50 PM
And one in particular that plays the same songs, same time of day, everyday. Although I don't share the same interest in music as you, I agree it's time for a change!

We have 3 radio stations in SJ that already play the exact same things as the other, over and over and over. It's time for a change.