PDA

View Full Version : Cost of Childcare

littleone
05-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Hey,
I'm just looking for some information on the cost of childcare in the saint john and surrounding areas. Can anyone tell me the going rate for a babysitter? and the going rate for a daycare? I need a weekly rate for one child under the age of 1 full time Mon-Fri 8-5. Thanks for all your help.

Coston07
05-23-2008, 09:16 AM
These are the prices that I pay for my 2 an3 year old, so for a 1 year old they would be a little more.
When I was in a private home it was 25.00 per child and she was uping it to 30.00 a day.( with receipts)
Now in a day care it is 235 a week for both of them.

Hope this helps.

Tania
05-23-2008, 09:24 AM
and if you can possibly qualify for some help with the New Brunswick Child Care Program.. I pay 50 a month for all three of my kids.. two in afterschool and morning and one full time .. all three Monday to Friday.. :D

livkat
05-23-2008, 09:44 AM
Most private sitters charge between 125-135 a week. Most daycares have increased there price over the last 6 months. My daughters attends a daycare in Quispamsis, and I was paying 130 a week. ( she is 3 ) At that same daycare infants under 1 are $140.

FutureChief88
05-23-2008, 12:19 PM
you should pay no more than $25 a say for a child under 2. If you are you are being taken! After 2 it should be no more than $20 a day. I wouldnt know about babysitting.. i have never had one. hope this helps

MichelleM
05-23-2008, 01:43 PM
you should pay no more than $25 a say for a child under 2. If you are you are being taken! After 2 it should be no more than $20 a day. I wouldnt know about babysitting.. i have never had one. hope this helps
I am not sure where you take your child but you should let me know becuase that is less than ANYWHERE that I know. Generally it is around $25 or $30 for a child over 2 and more than that for an infant under 2 and a lot of places won't take children under 2.

FutureChief88
05-23-2008, 02:28 PM
i have NEVER paid anymore than what i posted.My cousin pays upwards of $30 a day.. still has to pay for field trips and sunscreen and toothpaste.. all that junk.. it is rediculous! my daughter used to attend Rhymes and Chymes Daycare.. and the costs are as listed.
Good luck.. and if you are paying more maybe you should check the place out. She went there for 2 years and she loved . Also my friends daughter attends a daycare over west and pays the same as i paid when i was working.

littleone
05-23-2008, 09:42 PM
so basicly its anywhere from $20-$30 a day. The reason I'm asking isn't because I'm looking for a sitter. It's because I start minding a little girl next week and I have no clue what to charge her parents. So I was kind of just looking for an idea of what I should be asking for. Thank you everyone for your replies.

sanstu
05-24-2008, 06:19 AM
Most private sitters charge between 125-135 a week. Most daycares have increased there price over the last 6 months. My daughters attends a daycare in Quispamsis, and I was paying 130 a week. ( she is 3 ) At that same daycare infants under 1 are $140.

These rates are accurate. Daycares and most private childcare providers charge by the week and not by the day meaning that even if the child is not there for a day the rate is still the same.(you are being charged for the space) Childcare rates in a private home are between $125.00-$135.00 per week. All supplies are provided for by the parents; diapers, wipes, sun screen ect. Hope this helps. If you are looking to provide care in your home you should also look into insurance.

FutureChief88
05-24-2008, 02:33 PM
In most cases you are correct.. but i was still charged by the day..and always had to pay even if she wasnt there. I guess it just depends on the place..

mizunderstood
05-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I agree with futurechef... Both my kids are at Rhymes and Chymes and they are AWESOME!!!! They charge 20.00 a day for my kids (2 and 3 year old) My brother and sister in law have their kids in private sitters and they pay 25 for the baby (who will be 1 on the 2nd of june) and 20 for my nephew who just turned 2 in march. so around 20-25 a day. Keep in mind whether you are providing the foods, etc. or are the parents? Also make sure that you get a SIGNED agreement with them. Include vacation time, sick days, terminations, etc. I would recommend that you charge even if they don't come. (so don't worry about per day rates, set a weekly rate kwim?)