PDA

View Full Version : EWWWW...... Junebug Alert!!!

MrsBeasley
05-20-2008, 09:22 PM
Just saw my first Junebug of the season!!! UGGH!

Cherry Pop
05-20-2008, 09:24 PM
I hate Junebugs! They are so gross!

Coston07
05-20-2008, 09:27 PM
lol, thanks for the warning.

MrsBeasley
05-20-2008, 09:39 PM
oops, BTW that was in Quispamsis.

dally
05-20-2008, 09:57 PM
I can't stand them either saw one for the first time last week (out past the airport). Time to start wearing a hood when I take the dog out at night. lol They give me the heebie jeebie's. Yuck!!

AreWeThereYetMom
05-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Just got back in from sitting on the back steps for all about 10 minutes.

eww, eww, eww, eww, eww... i got dive bombed by 2 of them frigging things. I escaped in time but holy crap, those things are bad for the nerves :rofl:Don't wear bright clothes outside at night lol.

But I couldn't resist watching the antics - there's 2 friendly neighborhood cats in the backyard being watched through the window by my 3 indoor cats.
These 2 wacky cats are out on the lawn chasing these bugs and having a field day! My laugh for the night...

Pumpkin
05-22-2008, 12:07 AM
OH NO! I hate them!!! I wondered when we'd being seeing them. Usually the week or before June hits they shows their ugly sticky selves. EWWWW!!! is right!

MrsBeasley
05-22-2008, 12:54 AM
My dog caught one earlier tonight.....and......CRUNCH, CRUNCH......EWWWW....Gross!!!!!

Lil Angel Gifts
05-22-2008, 12:57 AM
The last few years, since they show up so late in the season, I call them Maybugs. :)

FutureChief88
05-22-2008, 06:54 PM
OMg whats wrong with this pic now..
Blackflies.. now JUNEB"UGS! O goodness! That is officially the END of me going outside after dark!
LOL

bugs in general terrify me.. let alone big, sticky, Dumb, Crunchy bugs! lol

sanstu
05-24-2008, 06:38 AM
Crash test buggies! They have to be the dumbest of all the bug world. Smackin' into doors and windows ect., over and over and over again. I feel so bad for them I can't even bring myself to "Raid" 'em. Nope I just wack 'em with a newspaper. hehehe

kinic
05-24-2008, 04:14 PM
June bugs are attracted to any kind of light source at night, my cat caught one with her paws, picked it up with her mouth , well I near wet myself laughing when she instantly spit it out and gagged , lmbo I thought her eyes were going to pop out of her head...lol
They have a terrible stench as well ...hahahaha now when she chases them and catches them she bats them around with her paws but that's the extent of it...hahaha

It's amazing how they lay dormant in the frozen ground all winter and come to life when the ground warms up...ewwwwwww
Had one caught in my hair once, I freaked out , hubby was laughing too hard to help remove it. Told m I owed m one ...lol

FutureChief88
05-24-2008, 08:28 PM
In all honesty.. they are quite amazing when you think about them.. But i still HATE them! LOL

MrsBeasley
05-24-2008, 10:03 PM
And my dog got another one tonight!!! Yuck!!!

SeanM
05-25-2008, 02:06 PM
I can tell you that June Bugs REALLY suck when you're riding a motorcycle at night. They are like little explosive rocks hitting you....

KRS
05-27-2008, 10:10 PM
Want a fun activity for the kids? First, you need a shoebox. Second, some paint.

Now go catch some Junebugs, rip off their wings and paint them.
race them, in the shoebox. Go junebug go. (Lighters are a great motivation for racing)