PDA

View Full Version : Does this seem a little mean or is it a good thing?

Cherry Pop
01-26-2007, 01:35 PM
My friend just called me and she was watching Rachel Ray. Apparently this coming monday, on the show, they are going to be talking about a web site called dontdatehimgirl.com. I just went there to check it out. It is for women who have been burned by their ex and they can post about what the guy is really like. Guys are allowed to join it and rebuttal any comments made about them. I read some of the posts posted about guys who live here in Canada and some stuff that is posted seems really mean. The site claims it is there for women to let other women know about bad guys. What is everyone's opinion - Is that web site a bad thing or a good thing?

girdy
01-26-2007, 02:14 PM
A view from the happily married man standpoint.

It looks like some idiots have taken a break from watching Jerry Springer to post some comments like "he's not all that". A reverse look-up so guys can avoid anyone posting or subscribing to this service would certainly be a useful utility.

I'm sure all these ladies are completely blameless, and have utterly pure motives by posting this stuff, and no retribution for a love scorned is taking place. Pretty doubtful any comments should be taken seriously. No self-respecting person would engage in posting or especially responding to this drivel. They'd be too busy getting on with their life.

Mandi
01-26-2007, 02:27 PM
i think it's bs. Speaking from a woman's stand point... and as the 'emotional guidance' person in my group of friends... I know a LOT of what some women say when they are dumped/ dump a guy is bs. I would really hope that not everyone takes what people have to say completely seriously.

user5624
01-26-2007, 02:34 PM
There's a guy from Saint John on there too, with his picture? Isn't this type of thing bordering on illegal and slander?

Mandi
01-26-2007, 02:55 PM
wow. I would say, suck it up, live and learn, just like everyone else does. Going on a site, to search a man and hope you might get some insight about him from his ex... smart? not likely. This is disturbing.

Cherry Pop
01-26-2007, 06:44 PM
There's a guy from Saint John on there too, with his picture? Isn't this type of thing bordering on illegal and slander?

That is what I kind of thought too. Wouldn't he be able to sue the woman? Of course I think that the women who put the posts there don't give their real names so it might be hard to prove but still... I know I wouldn't want someone trashing me on the internet!

jdcb
01-26-2007, 07:06 PM
This became hugely popular recently after one of the guys sued the owner of the website about comments put up.

I don't think it can be trusted at all, I think things like that lower the class level of our society. After a harsh breakup we all get a little vindictive towards the ex and at times like that it is almost impossible to be honest in the least about the person....

The_Dave
01-26-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh man, this website is such a huge waste of time. It is mostly created for advertisements. When will you women learn??? Staying with an idiot and then posting on a website about him! Get over it. Look at the girl who said her boyfriend cheated over 24 times. What a loser SHE is. Typical looking for daddy syndrome. You would have thought she would have gotten out after say 4 or 5 times, and I am being generous, of catching him cheating, but no. What a waste of a post space.

Lemme_LQQK
01-26-2007, 08:30 PM
Hmmmm, could be Rachael is promoting this web site because her hubby was caught cheating on her .....He was too.

amethyst
01-26-2007, 09:17 PM
I know a couple of american chicks that put an American idol guy on there. (3 guesses as to who lol) They had a fling with him and naturally, he dumped them, so ended up on there. Vindictive or what? I never thought to check if it was still there lol.

jaxon
01-26-2007, 09:45 PM
tha website is silly. it is just another excuse for woman to play the victim (i am female by the way). Stick up for yourselves ladies, and dont get in that situation in the first place. Although bad things happen to good people, live and learn from it. being bitter and nasty just means you are so not over it. If being nasty is your form of revenge, your deserved him in the first place.
just my 2 cents....or no sense...lol

user5624
01-26-2007, 10:42 PM
That is what I kind of thought too. Wouldn't he be able to sue the woman? Of course I think that the women who put the posts there don't give their real names so it might be hard to prove but still... I know I wouldn't want someone trashing me on the internet!

That is true. But wouldn't the same apply there as here, he could sue the site hosting it? We can't mention company names when making negative comments... wouldn't the same concept apply there? That's just weird that a site would condone that type of thing.

Cherry Pop
01-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I guess he could sue the site. I read the site's "about us" section and they think they are creating a sisterhood of women around the world. It seems to me that they are creating a sisterhood of male bashing.

Mandi
01-27-2007, 09:23 AM
I guess he could sue the site. I read the site's "about us" section and they think they are creating a sisterhood of women around the world. It seems to me that they are creating a sisterhood of male bashing.

Which is exactly what they are doing, just women who have had it hard, and need to place the blame. so sad.

trinity
01-27-2007, 09:41 AM
I looked briefly at the site and no, it's not a good thing. A place for embittered, dumped women to spout off about their ex? It's a very small percentage of people who have anything good to say about their ex, and even with the most amicable of breakups, you usually don't have anything decent to say about them in the first few days afterwards. How often do you find a woman saying to her friend "You should date my ex-he's a great guy!" (unless she wants the other woman to suffer too), or taking responsibility for the breakup: "Dave is really awesome, but I just couldn't stay faithful" That is the danger of the internet, you can get mad and before you have even taken 60 seconds to cool off, you can go online and post vitriolic comments without thinking. Then what you have said is "out there" for the whole world to see, and sometimes you can't take it back, even if you delete, edit, or post a retraction, people have already saved it, printed it, forwarded it etc.

Mandy
01-27-2007, 11:58 AM
I can't even imagine being that low to do that to someone? I guess other than that I have no comments about that site, does not deserve any in my opinion.

Cherry Pop
01-29-2007, 09:53 PM
I watched Rachel Ray this afternoon. She and the woman she had on talking about this site think it's a good thing. They said you can check the guy out and not bother dating him if he is on this web site. They also said there are 18,000 guys listed on this site. That kind of shocked me!

marriedchickie
01-30-2007, 06:45 AM
They say that ex's are ex's for a reason. We women play the victim all too often. I am a past victim of abuse, and instead of whining, i turned inward and used it. I went to therapy, by myself and with my children, and bettered myself. I looked very briefly at this site and it's exactly what everyone says. Embittered, lonely women who want to get the "last laugh" on the one who hurt them. Just remember, people can't hurt you unless you let them. (sorry to nag)Soon you'll see a site like this for men to post about their ex's as well. Wow, the internet is useful isn't it? :rolleyes:

Mandi
01-30-2007, 07:53 AM
Soon you'll see a site like this for men to post about their ex's as well. Wow, the internet is useful isn't it? :rolleyes:
Yeah but if you saw that, people like Rachael Ray woud have it removed in a second. what a world.

Cherry Pop
01-30-2007, 01:41 PM
LOL Very true. I googled to see if I could find one for guys but no luck so far.

jdcb
01-30-2007, 05:00 PM
LOL Very true. I googled to see if I could find one for guys but no luck so far.

Anyone wanna start one?