PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mothers Day !!!

livkat
05-11-2008, 07:23 AM
:) Happy Mothers Day Moms. What special things did your family do for you on this day to celebrate moms? Any special gifts?:)

Chinna Dah
05-11-2008, 07:51 AM
Well I am not a mom (except to my five birdies), but yesterday I took my mom out for breakfast, then we hit the back roads from Quispam all the way to Sussex and did some yard sales, chatted, and just enjoyed the day together. Today I am going to cook a pot roast and have her up for supper.

sanstu
05-11-2008, 08:07 AM
I received a beautiful chair and ottoman for my deck from 2 of my beautiful daughters. Dinner will be prepared by my son, a recent grad. of the Culinary Instituate of Canada.(the menu is secret).

I will spend part of the day at the hospital with my mom who is awaiting surgery. Hopefully she will have it this am.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms!!

livkat
05-11-2008, 08:52 AM
From my oldest, who is 3, I received a beautiful picture, flowers, and 3 special rocks that read love, happy, and kisses. From my baby and hubby I got a really nice foot spa kit with the most comfortable slippers! And also dinner tonight will be prepared by my father inlaw and husband. I don't know sanstu, I might have to borrow your chef:rofl: .

Happy Mothers Day to all mom's and mom's to be!

inuit
05-11-2008, 10:25 AM
It's Mother's day and my birthday. I'll spend the day with my grown children and may even go to Pizza Delight for dinner. I'll get a free meal 'cos it's my birthday. Yes!!!! Free meals are always good.

Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there!

livkat
05-11-2008, 10:27 AM
It's Mother's day and my birthday. I'll spend the day with my grown children and may even go to Pizza Delight for dinner. I'll get a free meal 'cos it's my birthday. Yes!!!! Free meals are always good.

Happy Mother's Day to all moms out there!Happy Birthday inuit!:D

Duffy
05-11-2008, 10:30 AM
My daughter who is up north in Yellowknife sent a gift and a card - the complete first season of Charmed on DVD - loved that TV show! And my son is soming over to dig to widen and deepen my pond and waterfall - about 4 hours of brute labor in hard-packed soil. Can't put a price on that gift, because it is priceless!
Hey sanstu, my son-in-law is a grad of last year's class of the Culinary Institute, and he has cooked me a few special-occasion meals, so you are in for a treat. A small school, so I bet they know each other - ask him if he knows Travis Stewart. Travis married my daughter a year ago yesterday on her grad day from UPEI, and they are now living in Yellowknife.

inuit
05-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Thank you Livkat, one year closer to old age.Hahaha Have a great day!!!

Marigold
05-11-2008, 11:12 AM
Happy Mother's Day! My wonderful 13 year old brought me breakfast in bed this morning, toasted english muffin with peanut butter and jam, and a mug of hot chocolate (I gave him my order before I went to bed last night). He and my ex husband went out shopping for my gift last week, but I won't get it until this afternoon- our whole family is going to Vitos for a late lunch. We bought my mom a zero gravity lounger for Mother's Day, she's been looking at buying one for a while. I also have to remind my son to give his stepmom a call sometime today and wish her a happy day as well!

If the weather holds up, maybe we'll take the dog for a nice long walk later!

s

mizunderstood
05-11-2008, 05:51 PM
Happy mommy's day ladies!
I took my mom out for brunch at Vito's today, Yummy! Sooooo much food!!

mybooboo
05-11-2008, 11:36 PM
WooHoo!!! I got a new fishing rod that ive been eye balling!Thanks my amazing hubby!!Yes ,im a wife who loves to fish!!