PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mr. Prime Minister...

Crystalbeach
05-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Did you all catch Stephen Harper on his visit to New Brunswick to check out the flood situation..
His face was like stone..not one bit of emotion on it...he looked around and said "Well I've seen worse"...Really?
Moments later they showed a house floating in the river...hm...I guess worse is a matter of perspective...
We've got a trailer floating right now...so thanks for coming Stephen.

inuit
05-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Yeah, come back when you can't stay as long.

baseball 23
05-06-2008, 07:55 AM
i wonder if those benefitting from the government help in the form of the flood program think the same as you two?

kaj27
05-06-2008, 08:09 AM
What is he suppose to do? Part the waters? I know he's a robot, but come on he can't perform miracles.

Crystalbeach
05-06-2008, 08:15 AM
No I certainly didn't expect him to part the waters as you so sarcastically have posted..I did expect him to show some compassion for those whose lives have been so torn up by this flood and to tell someone whose home is floating down the river that he's seen worse is unforgiveable in my humble opinion.

KRS
05-06-2008, 09:25 AM
If he showed compassion it would have been fake anyway. At least he isn't putting on a show, I respect that.

rhiley_08j
05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
I think that is the issue... that even if he showed empathy it would be ill founded. I think that a person in his position should feel the outmost sympathy for his constituents and their families in a time of distress, such as one of this magnitude. Just my humble opinion.;)

baseball 23
05-06-2008, 04:30 PM
He's not a very good politician in that he can't fake it like most of them.

orange
05-06-2008, 04:58 PM
He's not a very good politician in that he can't fake it like most of them.

Actually, he's a superb politician in many ways - his ability at scheming, twisting things, and fooling people with simple PR schticks is amazing :biggrin:

But yeah, compassion isn't one of his strong suits :D I actually agree with him though, in that Canada has seen far worse floods... but saying so wasn't exactly tactful.

Personally, I kind of identify with him, due to his quiet, calculating way... but I just despise most of his policies and ideology.

inuit
05-07-2008, 04:51 PM
The man has NO emotion. Seems like every emotion from him is squeezed out. Almost painful to watch him.

FutureChief88
05-07-2008, 06:23 PM
He's A Complete Moron! Nuff Said!

inuit
05-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Yup, complete. And he has the facial expression of a smacked bottom.

stripekv
05-11-2008, 09:21 AM
He shows up..people complain.

He doesn't show up..people complain.

There's just nothing that satisfy's you guys, is there?

orange
05-11-2008, 09:45 AM
He shows up..people complain.

He doesn't show up..people complain.

There's just nothing that satisfy's you guys, is there?

What he should have done was to show up and show some compassion and tact.

Yes, Canada has seen far worse floods, but it's not appropriate to say it to people while they're still suffering from the floods.

It's like if someone has a mild heart attack, and saying to their family "Well, you know, I've seen people have massive heart attacks before". It's true, but not appropriate to say at the time.

inuit
05-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I doubt that he even knows what compassion is. If it does not affect his family, why bother being concerned. You are right, if he had shown fake concern it would have shown right away and people would have commented on it. But he showed no sympathy or concern whatsoever. Nice P.M. Thank you very much Mr. Harper. As I said before, come back when you can't stay so long.

Freudian
05-23-2008, 09:56 PM
no one ever likes the head of a country. I'll bet there are people in Canada that don't know the name of our current Prime Minister.

You wouldn't get that in the USA. Everyone know who the burning Bush is.