PDA

View Full Version : How much a house sold for

alaska
04-28-2008, 12:07 PM
Just wondering if there is a website that you can use to find out how much a house sold for. I know you can get the assessed value and taxes, but not sure about finding out how much it last sold for.

puppyluv
04-28-2008, 12:23 PM
what about calling the real estate agent and inquiring?

nbnewfie
04-28-2008, 12:55 PM
snb don't post that information, it is confidential

sanstu
04-28-2008, 05:45 PM
Unless you know an agent personally, there is nowhere to get that info. (agents do have access to that info)

Bill
04-28-2008, 07:26 PM
Are you looking for information on what a house sold for last week or last month or are you looking for what a house sold for the last time it sold (maybe years ago) and is now up for sale again?

If it’s what it sold for last week you are out of luck unless you know an agent

If you are looking for what it sold for last time, sometime ago you can't get an exact amount but you can get an approximate.

From personal experience I was looking at a house about 10 years ago (these numbers are not correct but will serve in this example) the house was listed for 100 thousand, the owners were in it 3 years, I went to (snb) and looked up the pid to find how long they had owned it. With the date they had bought it I went to the archives looked at old real estate guides from the newspaper around that date until I found the listing for it. So I got what it was listed for when the current owners bought it say 65 thousand. I then inquired if there was any justification for the big increase in price like if they had built a big garage etc in this case they had done nothing. So they paid 65 thousand or less (not likely more then 5 thousand less) so last time it sold for between 60-65 thousand close enough for me I let them keep it.

This is a lot of work and running around so its really only worth the trouble if its a house you are reallllllly interested in buying.........and not getting taken by some quick resale artist......

Oh BTW In my case I found out later it was not the owner trying to get the maximum out of the property it was the agent....

Hope this helps
Bill

Ashley McHugh
04-28-2008, 08:43 PM
I work in Real Estate and the public does not have access to the systems that have the sale price of a home.

dan j
04-28-2008, 09:23 PM
I work in Real Estate and the public does not have access to the systems that have the sale price of a home.

...but, the numbers do exist on internal "fact" sheets that real estate agents are "supposed" to keep to themselves.

sanstu
04-28-2008, 09:24 PM

I am pretty sure people that are posting are also saying there is no way to get that info. unless you personally know an agent.;)

Animalsr2bloved
05-07-2008, 07:22 PM
I am also a real estate agent and if the sellers opt to have their homes listed on the public MLS service that real estate provides, they are authorizing the use of the information for that property to become public after the listing has sold. The listing agreement they sign states "The Seller authorizes the Listing agent to use, disclose and retain all personal information and any sale information in to the databeses(s) of the appropriate MLS system(s). The Seller further acknowledges that the board(s) may: distribute the iniformation to any persons authorized to use such service which may include other agents, government departments, appriasers, municipal organizations and others.

So in short, a real estate agent is able to obtain this information for their clients or buyers which also helps you know what to offer for a similar home in the area and to make sure you are not overpaying for the home you are buying.