PDA

View Full Version : input on great preschool?

Cartersmom
01-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Hi there, I'm hoping to get some valuable input from local moms who have /had their kids in preschool . At the present, if the situation does not change, we would not need daycare for our little guy, just preschool. So have you experienced bad ones? Great ones? We live east amd would prefer an east preschool but obviously if there is nothing suitbale around here we can branch out a bit.
Non-smoking, actual curriculum/syllabus I can see , be able to pop in anytime, secure, no men, etc. Also the going rate per week? And do you put your name in way in advance?
Help?! lol

tessa
01-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Sent Pm

canuckmom
01-26-2007, 06:48 AM
sent pm

yoyoyip
01-29-2007, 04:49 PM
um... I don't wish to derail your thread, especially considering the importance of the topic, but why "no men"?

Do I smell a gross generalization?

Cartersmom
01-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Yes you do! Thanks for caring ;)

yoyoyip
01-30-2007, 06:57 AM
I completely understand. I have the same feelings about female Doctors, Lawyers and News Anchors. :confused:

tessa
01-30-2007, 07:23 AM
My child would never go to a male when younger..had to swich the swimming lesson to another day just to get him in the water...lol..some kids just need that..

yoyoyip
01-30-2007, 10:25 AM
My child would never go to a male when younger..had to swich the swimming lesson to another day just to get him in the water...lol..some kids just need that..

I agree... I would have a hard time sending my child to a day care where one of the caregivers was male. I'm just being sossy.

There are certain professions where men don't belong and certain ones that women don't belong in... but that's for discussion in another thread.

Carter's Mom.. my wife used to take a little girl she was looking after to a lady in Millidgeville by RKYC. I don't know her by anything other than "Teacher Barb" but I'll tell you that this child is the daughter of a pretty high profile person in the city, so I'm sure this lady is top notch.

Tara
01-30-2007, 10:42 AM
I completely understand. I have the same feelings about female Doctors, Lawyers and News Anchors. :confused:

Please tell me that was sarcasm....

yoyoyip
01-30-2007, 12:24 PM
Please tell me that was sarcasm....

maybe, maybe not.

the answer to that question is contained in the subsequent posts... read carefully.

babydoll101
01-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Cartersmom there is a great little one on Courtney Ave. I took my son there. He was having trouble talking. After a month he learnt 100 new words. I had to take him out when I decided to stay home but I was very pleased with it. Pm me if you would like the name:)

Tara
01-30-2007, 01:15 PM
I read it, i just needed to question what I had read to make sure. Hurray for sexest pigs.

yoyoyip
01-30-2007, 02:27 PM
I read it, i just needed to question what I had read to make sure. Hurray for sexest pigs.

Apparently you didn't read close enough.

Misty589
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM
hmmm, my daughter goes to a daycare where it is probably 90-95% women but there are 2 men and they are both just great, the kids love them, they are so fun, men and women interact differantly with the children and i think its nice to have both. The men work primarily with the older afterschool kids, but they stop in and play in the gym often with the little ones and you can't get the kids away from them!

Cartersmom
02-07-2007, 07:03 PM
That's great! Obviously not all men are perverts, not even close, but it's been my experience 2 things :
1. Almost all child molestors are men. In fact, I don't ever remember hearing
of a woman child molestor.

2. Most men (even men who love kids) wouldn't want to work in a daycare. As such, I tend to be a little apprehensive about those who are. I know there are probably many many men who work in daycares and they don't do anything inappropriate and that's great. But , for my peace of mind and comfort level, I would prefer a place with only ladies on staff.

And, before anyone sets me on fire, I just want to remind you that this is my opinion and everyone is entitled to one :)

dflaglor31
02-26-2007, 08:42 AM
This post is becoming absolutely rediculous..No offense but there's no most this does this or not this is a child care topic..You may or may not appreciate a man looking after your child that is your right and your judgement. But however to base it off the fact that some men are perverts is rediculous. So are some women to be exact..In Fact in the news it usually involves both a male and a female usually...Anyhow My ex works in a daycare...he has a child at home with cerebral polsy (no idea how to spell that sorry) He is the most awsome dad a kid could ever have. And he loves kids he wanted to watch his son full time so he decided to just work at the daycare and make a living while being with him full time. You really should think before you make such bad realizations that all men are the same as a couple perverts you saw on the news. I am hesitant when finding a babysitter with BOTH men and women. And not sure if you know or not but anyone working in a childcare facility has to have a criminal record check..which includes a volnerable reference check for that type of job as I did work in a daycare before. (which is if you have ever had any contact of that nature with children or elderly which you haven't been charged)

alaska
02-26-2007, 09:21 AM
I think a criminal record check is best for females and males as abuse is not always one sided.

Cartersmom
03-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Thanks for digging this up from 3 weeks ago just to stir the pot. Kudos to you.

sjchickie
03-02-2007, 03:50 PM
Stir the pot???? Its a forum there is no time limit on when you can and cannot reply to one of these posts. Your generalization about men is awful and if youd like some links there are MANY women child molesters infact there was a woman in Halifax last year and she was a teacher. Oh besides all these women in their late 20's early 30's sleeping with 14 year old boys???? Its just awful you would think that of men and its people like yourself who make our nation such an "Unequal world". There are child molesters in the mall? So you gonna stop taking your child to the mall. Id like you to find some incidents where men providing childcare turn out to be child molesters. Lets cut out big brothers big sisters to while we are at it. I have a friend who also dedicated a lot of his life to helping children and working at a daycare, summer camps, programs for mentally challenged toddlers, where he was left alone with them. He is a teddy bear and children flock to him...I would hope that when your children are older you would never speak such prejudice in front of them. I know that You have the right to feel that way however I don't like racists or sexists and what said was a very loaded comment. Your preference is fine however that last email post from 3 weeks ago was dispicable and I dont appreciate such sexist smut being spoken on this or any website. Here is a little statistic for ya check on stats canada and in the US over half of men child molesters are directly related to the child? You gonna keep your husband from them too? I have 2 CLOSE friends whos father molested them....and ya NEVER would of thought....down with MEN!!!!!

Cartersmom
03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
YOU can send your kids wherever you want.
I said it was stirring the pot becasue this thread has been resurrected just becasue the other one was active and now seems to have disappeared, and people want someone to freak out at. Newsflash: many other people are thinking the same thing, they just didn't want to say anything becasue it looks as if the majority reading the thread was fine with male caregivers. That's their prerogative. Just as you many choose to have a caregiver that is a non-smoker, or religious or not, etc .

Tara
03-02-2007, 04:38 PM

Mandi
03-02-2007, 04:44 PM
Okie dokie, there is a post about men in day care , and I suggest anyone who is clouding this womans thread (where she was asking for information, not critism) to take it there to express their views.
She has every right to ask about day cares without men if it's what puts her mind to ease everymorning when she has to go to work.

Tara
03-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Not that I know her, not that she cares what I have to say. I just want her to understand that ANYONE can do this. I just find this subject to be particularly upsetting and yea...I dont even know what to say anymore...I don't care I guess I just hope she understands what I am at least trying to say. I'm of here.

Cartersmom
03-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Thank you, Mandi.
As I thought was evident, this was a post on preschool input, not intended to be controversial and certainly wasn't expecting people to descend on me like a bunch of vultures.

Tara- point taken abuse COULD happen at a woman's hands and in the other thread I did say that I am paranoid as well about women watching ds as well, there are tons of unfit parents out there. Its just that sexual abuse is the most heinous and there are more male predators than female. That is all. You never know, one way or the other, and that is just out of my comfort zone.

sjchickie
03-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Bottom line is i feel bad that your gonna teach your children these awful values and they will say it growing up...god thats how racism and sexism travels...people like yourself...No one is clouding up the thread mandi :) No one said ONCE she didnt have a write to her choice i just dont like it and neither do many others. Redneck NB afraid of pedofiles why dont you let your children live in a darn bubble...WAIT maybe the bubble will molest your children???? I lost a ton of respect for both of you now....SO as i said carters mom dont take your Children to the mall they are ALL over the mall...sick men watching your childrens every move...Im disgusted .....you people are sad and unfortunate....God condems those who judge so hopefully cartersmom is egnostic or agnostic which ever way its spelled.

Mandi
03-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Bottom line is i feel bad that your gonna teach your children these awful values and they will say it growing up...god thats how racism and sexism travels...people like yourself...No one is clouding up the thread mandi :) No one said ONCE she didnt have a write to her choice i just dont like it and neither do many others. Redneck NB afraid of pedofiles why dont you let your children live in a darn bubble...WAIT maybe the bubble will molest your children???? I lost a ton of respect for both of you now....SO as i said carters mom dont take your Children to the mall they are ALL over the mall...sick men watching your childrens every move...Im disgusted .....you people are sad and unfortunate....God condems those who judge so hopefully cartersmom is egnostic or agnostic which ever way its spelled.

Respect for both of you?
The meaning of that was lost on me. I have made my feelings on the subject quite clear, and I have different beliefs than Carter'smom, however... she wasn't looking for opinions, she's looking for help. There's a huge difference. you're very entitled to your opinion, but if it bothers you so much, maybe start another thread on it rather than filling this one that is supposed to be for information?

Tara
03-03-2007, 06:34 PM
hmm, dont know what happened here...

Cartersmom
03-03-2007, 11:35 PM
well isn't that the pot calling the kettle black.

I'm not going to even bother with a rebuttal because "you just can't get there from here", except I'd be willing to bet that I judge people less than you. BTW don't worry, my values are firmly intact.

You may want to run spell check first, it's hard to read a post with more spelling errors than words.

puppyluv
03-04-2007, 06:15 AM
Keep this thread civil or it will dissappear and infractions will be given.
As stated before, everyone has a right to thier opinions, regardless of liking it ot not.

jdcb
03-04-2007, 06:22 AM
Hurray for sexest pigs.

Did you not read the first post?

jdcb
03-04-2007, 06:25 AM
1. Almost all child molestors are men. In fact, I don't ever remember hearing
of a woman child molestor.

Daycare up north was forcibly closed as FEMALE caregivers were abusive to children there... not just one (kid or caregiver)