PDA

View Full Version : warms the heart

inuit
04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
Over the last couple of months all you hear on the news is cruelity to animals, puppy mills, elderly abuse, home invasions and murders. Pretty horrible stuff. Makes you wonder what the world is coming to.

This morning, while waiting outside a store in Quispam, I saw something that really warmed my heart.

2 boys about 14 - 16 years old were standing outside the store door when a little elderly frail lady approched the door. I watched while she shoved on the door to open it. It looked heavy for her. One of the boys opened the door for her and the other boy offered her his arm to step down the 6 or 7 inch step. She took his arm and stepped down then thanked the boys and got into her car.

I smiled to myself and thought those boys are a credit to their parents who have done a great job raising those two to respect the elderly. It restored my faith in humanity. Maybe we aren't headed to h--- in a handbasket after all.

Just thought I'd share a smile.:D

FutureChief88
04-26-2008, 03:57 PM
This does warm the heart.. especially coming from boys that age!

Congrats to them!

mizunderstood
04-27-2008, 01:54 PM
It does make you smile when you see things like that happening.... I have been teaching my kids to hold doors for others, to be kind, and considerate... I hope my kiddos treat people that way when they are that age...