PDA

View Full Version : A thank you for once!!

Pumpkin
04-23-2008, 09:01 AM
I would like to say thank you for once to someone amongst all the really bad health professionals I have encountered over recent years. Been a long time coming and I feel I HAVE to say this!!!

I had a nurse at St.Joseph's hospital yesterday who did my ultrasound for my gal bladder and I would just like to say THANK YOU!! You were the sunshine where there have only been clouds!! She seemed so tired out and run down with all she has on her table of tasks, but yet she was so pleasant to me, and called me dear, and was nice enough where my own doctor wouldn't be to actually EXPLAIN things to me, listen and talk to me. She even let me know that she didn't think anything was wrong in the pictures from the ultrasound (for piece of mind), but informed me I would have to hear it first hand from my doctor though because she cannot diagnose anyone. She also informed me of when the results would reach my doctor since my doctor doesn't tell me to come back to see her for follow ups for anything.

Thank you to you, whoever you were. You don't know how much your kindness and thoughtfullness meant to me after so many times , by so many health professionals, treating me so rudely, treating me like I don't matter as a person, and being made to feel that my health concerns are not important!!. I wish there were more of you to go around. The world would be that much easier to deal with if there were. Please don't ever lose your kindness, you'll never know how much something so little can mean to someone!!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!!!

SaskSask
04-23-2008, 01:02 PM
Happy for ya!
I think docs tend to call you back ....when there is a problem.
Also your doctor,unless he is a Radioligist. Don't interpet your scans. They have to go to a Radioligist to be read...then he sends the results to your doctor...who then calls you with the results. Even though the lab will send a copy of the scans to your doctor....he/she still has to wait for the Radioligist to read them. Which may take longer then we would like =(
This above statement is to the best of my knowledge.

A reason you might find some medical people are not so talkative about things...believe it or not..there are some really messed up greedy bastards out there that would bring forth a lawsuit over anything they may say.

I can understand how good it feels to have someone to give you there opinion. Cause if I were in the same boat.....it would make me feel a lot better to! But I would also understand, why they wouldn't exactly want to say anything about my condition. It is easier to keep your mouth shut on something then to risk saying something wrong to the wrong person....and when they probably are seeing 50 or more people a day....thats a lot of chances to take a hit =( in the run of a career.

Cheers to your health Pumpkin!

Pumpkin
04-24-2008, 10:33 AM
I am not sure about who reads what before it goes to the doctor. If radiologists have to read it 1st, the nurse would have known that anyways and hopefully would have considered than in when she gave me the time frame. I am gonna shoot for it anyways. She did a much better job in giving me even a guess even compared to what my doc told me which was nothing. And, yes sometimes if there is a concern they will call you, when they aren't in habit of giving you a come back date. But, regardless if my results are good or bad, with the problems I am having, she is going to have to bring me in to discuss what may be wrong if not the other...

And as for my doc not explaining things...you make a valid point!!!! And I hate those MORONS that sue for every little thing they can too!!! But, in her case, I will ask her a very simplistic question expecting a simplistic response (as in a yes or no response) seeing as I know their time is slim to none with each patient, but she can't even do me that justice. I get oh we aren't dealing with that right now....

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!! Oh well, I am not gonna grrr. Just a thank you to the lovely "kind and caring" nurse and nurses and doctors that are still around. And a thanks to your repsonse too, Sask Sask...

=) Hope everyone has a good day!!

FutureChief88
04-24-2008, 03:08 PM
I dont necessarily agree with the "follow up" statement
I had to have a D&C years ago for a miscarriage i had. Turns out there was an infection in my uterus that went undeteced for MONTHS. they thought because of the damage that the infection did.. that i may not be able to have kids. Luckily since then i have had one child and am pregnant with my second. But i have had many miscarriages as a result.

I believe if a person is concerned about their health in ANY way they should be diligant with the doctor and follow up themselves. Doctors dont care about patients nowadays. and if there a people who have caring doctors.. Hang on to them! cause they are few and far between.