PDA

View Full Version : How Annoying.........

MrsBeasley
04-21-2008, 09:28 PM
The Rothesay Baptist Church which is a stones throw away from my house has hired a street sweeper truck to clear their parking lot of sand left from the winter and I get the joy of trying to get to sleep listening to the hum of the thing at 10:00 pm.

I could see if this was a commercial area, but it's not....could they not have found a more appropriate hour to do this?????? They have a very large parking lot and it'll probably take at least a couple of hours. ARRGGGGGGG!!!!!

mizunderstood
04-21-2008, 09:43 PM
It might be the only time the street sweeper is available? I am sure it would annoy me too!

kaj27
04-21-2008, 10:11 PM
Why not offer to sweep it for them first thing in the morning.

patbez
04-21-2008, 10:19 PM
Although I understand your annoyance, 10pm is hardly late by most standards.

I live uptown & our apartment building overlooks a parking lot, which has a dumpster, which is emptied by the company at about 3-4am...now THAT'S annoying in the middle of summer when we HAVE to have our windows open.

But I totally get it, noise is noise no matter what time of day or night. My husband used to work the graveyard shift & it was HELL for him to get a peaceful sleep in the daytime with all the noise outside :/

dan j
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM
10 PM is not very late unless you have to work at 4 or 5 AM.

inuit
04-22-2008, 04:49 AM
Hopefully the parking lot will be swept clean soon and the noise will stop.Thankfully you know there's an end to it. Good luck.

beachnut
04-22-2008, 07:18 AM
when i lived uptown the sweeper would come past midnight at least once a week.

They will probably only be sweeping the parking lot this one time or so. It's not that big a deal.

livkat
04-22-2008, 08:30 AM
I believe there is noise bylaws in Rothesay and Quispam. I agree Mrs. Beasley, that it would be very annoying to listen to. There is an appropriate time for everthing.

livkat
04-22-2008, 08:34 AM
Also to all that say 10 pm is not late, when you have children and or work all day 10 is quite late!

patbez
04-22-2008, 08:43 AM
livkat: yes, you're right...but if the world revolved to accommodate everyone, nothing would get done. Like I said in my post above, my husband worked nights...but he had to put up with the noisy parking lot right outside our window in the middle of the day. People weren't going to stop parking there just because he worked nights ;)

livkat
04-22-2008, 11:49 AM
Sorry your hubby had noisy parking lot to deal with, but most of us who live in the valley, live here for the piece and quiet

patbez
04-22-2008, 12:03 PM
Yes, peace & quiet is nice...so a little disruption once in a while shouldn't be a big deal if you get peace & quiet 99% of the time.

sanstu
04-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Gee, too bad they didn't do this during Sunday service, or perhaps maybe earlier in the evening say around 5 or 6pm. Couldn't do that as it would disrupt the churches activities!

wookiee
04-22-2008, 03:01 PM
They do it later in the evening or at night (depending on the area/town/city) cause that is the best time to clean the streets of dirt and crap. what can ya do??
If you can't handle the noise then move to kingston......you don't have to worry about street cleaners thats forsure.......

notfarnow
04-22-2008, 03:04 PM
The Rothesay Baptist Church which is a stones throw away from my house has hired a street sweeper truck to clear their parking lot of sand left from the winter and I get the joy of trying to get to sleep listening to the hum of the thing at 10:00 pm.

I could see if this was a commercial area, but it's not....could they not have found a more appropriate hour to do this?????? They have a very large parking lot and it'll probably take at least a couple of hours. ARRGGGGGGG!!!!!

Just a sec, are you on the Vincent rd? If so can beat that hands down, just a block away.

sanstu
04-22-2008, 04:42 PM
They do it later in the evening or at night (depending on the area/town/city) cause that is the best time to clean the streets of dirt and crap. what can ya do??
If you can't handle the noise then move to kingston......you don't have to worry about street cleaners thats forsure.......

According to the first post, this was being done in a church parking lot, on the Vincent Rd.(church property)

BTW Mrs. B. did they finish cleaning the parking lot?

notfarnow
04-23-2008, 09:09 AM
According to the first post, this was being done in a church parking lot, on the Vincent Rd.(church property)

Well then I can top that. I live just down the rd from MrsBeasley. 2 summers ago on a wednesday night, the ar####les behind me started PAVING their driveway at 1030PM

sjuptown
05-20-2008, 03:55 AM
Try listening to a street sweeper every night at 2 am every day from april-october. thats uptown life for you... the KV has it easier

angelaa
05-20-2008, 07:57 AM
This is a continuence annoyance to me, I live on Ellerdale Street. I live in the One of the Yellow Buildings up on the Hill. I Live in the back, so every morning I could get up, make a coffee and enjoy looking at the woods, bunnies, deer, birds, etc. Then they decided to rip up all the trees, and build a dirt road so they can put the pipeline through. Now I get up, listen to heavy machinery and blasting all day. If anyone ever gets a chance drive up behind these buildings then You will really know what aggravation is all about.