PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Question

Pumpkin
01-23-2007, 11:51 PM
Ok, I have a question and it may be odd but hey I thought it was worth a try!

If a man can have "breasts" when they are over weight, and lose weight and lose the breasts ....is it possible to tighten and/or perk up womens breasts by working out, and if so what would be a good exercise to do so?

jdobbs
01-24-2007, 02:16 PM
It is possible, my gf lost some weight a few years back and her breast size lowered. Not sure on the exercise but she does alot of upper body weight work, sholders, bi/triceps, chest. As she lost the weight she worked on muscle toning the body to keep the skin tight. She was told that gradual weight loss works better to help the skin "keep up" with the weight loss.

I would guess that any exercise that targets muscles in the chest or upper body area would help, although I'm no expect on the matter.

jdobbs
01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Actually i may have misread your post.

Her breasts are more perkier as she lost weight/size in the breast. So if you don't want to loss size, disregard my post.

Mandi
01-24-2007, 02:40 PM
When you lose weight, sorry honey, but you're going to lose breast size too. which is a sad fact for some, a relief for others. I would suggest chest presses, and push ups. just remember that when you do push ups to keep your back VERY straight, I hate seeing people doing 'girly' push ups where they push only their shoulders up, arch their back and their mid section is still almost touching the floor. That could cause some damage.
It's hard to target just your chest, so you'll likely have to do things that involve your arms, or core section. Push ups work well from my past experience (before I let myself turn to Jello. loll :( Sad really. ) and chin ups, it's a good motion to have, but not everyone can hold their own body weight that way. When you work out, try to focus on that area. Best of luck! :)

luvinlife
01-24-2007, 08:11 PM
The Bench Press & Fly exercises on the following website are done with free weights (or you can just use your own body resistance to start) and really work your pec muscles. This made a big difference for me with perkiness as I lost alot of weight.

http://www.abc-of-fitness.com/resistance-exercises/training-free-weights.asp

P.S - I lost over 60 lbs and never went down in cup size. My band size got smaller though.

Good luck!

Mandi
01-24-2007, 08:52 PM
The Bench Press & Fly exercises on the following website are done with free weights (or you can just use your own body resistance to start) and really work your pec muscles. This made a big difference for me with perkiness as I lost alot of weight.

http://www.abc-of-fitness.com/resistance-exercises/training-free-weights.asp

P.S - I lost over 60 lbs and never went down in cup size. My band size got smaller though.

Good luck!
Lucky! but generally when you lose fat... you're going to lose it everywhere... including breasts. I lost 30 lbs once and went down about a half cup size. :(

oldnugly
01-25-2007, 06:12 AM
there are a lot of good books on the subject. arnalds education of a body builder and the nautalis book are both good. like luvinlife said the press and fly are good exercises for this. remember while doing presses to vary the grip. with weight loss the percentage of body fat will decrease, so any body part that has fat will also. but with weight training muscle mass will increase. fair trade

i am not going to ask your age. but if you find that men are staring at your knees, there is no turning back.

good luck with your goals and remember that good health and being comfortable with yourself is key.

while we are on the subject of breasticles. i have talked to a couple of local doctors about an invention that would make mammograms painless. the reason it is not. (money) so the next time you are facing a pressing issue tell your doctor there is a better way.
comfort is only a tax dollar away.

but hey... they have snow for a party in fredericton.

Pumpkin
01-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Oh I am not worried about losing breast size, I got lots to spare.LOL

I just wondered if you can perk them up some and firm them up some with weight loss and exercise? I have lost 40 ponds in less than two months. Not good I know, it was due to something i couldn't control...now i need to tighten my skin up. It is just my arms and mid tummy which need to be tightened and I am working on that.

But, I have always had large breasts, I am not even 30 yet and I was wondering if you can firm them up. And no, the guys aren't staring at my knees yet thank heaven, lol. But, I would like to prevent just that!!!!

Also I have not lost a full cup size in my weight loss, but I did lose a little and fir perfect into a C now and lost ALOT of band width as well.... although I remember back when I was younger I was a chubby kid, and all of a sudden I went and did the anorexia thing and lost 40 pounds in less than 2 months , but that time I was 13 and I did lose a bit off my breasts, (yes they were large then too) I went from a C cup to a B cup...not much but it did happen.

So I think I will try and get myself some weights..I used to have some don't know where they ever went to!! And I may try out the exercise on that link when I do and see if it will help any!

Thanks so much to all who replied. It has been appreciated!!!!!!! Especially if your tips work lol. :) Thanks again all!!!

painlessjoe
02-25-2007, 02:58 PM
When you lose weight, you will loose some of your breasts size as you gain weight, you will gain in your breast size. This is normal.

There are special alternative technique to firm and tone breasts. Many ladies wear the wrong size and type of bras and in turn, make their breasts sagging, stretch the skin above and the muscle underneath them.

Good Luck

Joe