PDA

View Full Version : RAVE ditrubution?

miss_daisie
01-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Hey. My boyfriend has just gotten himself an interview tomarrow at Rave distrabution. He really doesn't know much about the company and tried to find some info online but hasnt had any luck. All he really knows is its located at the gebining of Golden grove road by the race track.
Does anyone know anything about this place? or maybe what the building looks like. Hes new to the city and doesnt know his way around... hes worried about getting lost over that way, and Ive never heard of the place so Im no help to him.
He just wanted to learn some stuff about the company and such to give him a heads up really.
any info is great.
thanks!

clairegt
01-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi, this is probably too late now but my friend went for an interview there this morning. She said it only took 5 mins and it was more like she was interviewing them, as she was trying to get an idea of what they do but they wouldnt really say, they told her to come back for an orientation tomorrow and then she would learn about the company... apparently its an all day thing or a few hours at least and theyre not paying them or anything, i thought it was a little bit odd really that they wouldnt give any info at the actual interview, what if she wasn't interested and didnt want to come back for the orientation?!!! All she knows is that its sales and marketing, doesnt know much about what the products/service is. Anyway hope it went well for your boyfriend...did he have the same sort of experience?!!

miss_daisie
01-25-2007, 06:33 AM
actually yea. it was about the same. hes suppose to go in today for orientation and crap and go driven about and stuff. he thinks to see warehouses... he got outta em that they distribute all kinds of stuff. from disney to nascar...
they claim to be a new business thats just opening...
I dunno.. sounds a lil wierd to me...

clairegt
01-25-2007, 01:41 PM
My freind never ended up going for the orientation...she said she didn't feel right going, had gotten a weird vibe from the place!! There doesn't seem to be any direct info on the internet about them. Maybe its just cause its a new business....?

miss_daisie
01-25-2007, 07:42 PM
yea my boy friend didnt end up going either. he said the same thing. sounded kinda like a scam he even checked the BBB better business bureu website. and the only listening he found for R A V E distribution was in like kentuky... he just said it sounded wierd. and the money to travel there for 8 and a half hours with now pay... just seemed weird...
they just seemed to hold too much back...

T-Diddy
01-25-2007, 09:56 PM
Been hearing the same type of story from several people who applied there. Some were even told that they could make upwards of 100,000 a year. If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is! They seem a bit shadey. I found their web site, but you had to register just to see the company history and what not....Fly by night company perhaps?

Cherry Pop
01-25-2007, 10:46 PM
This to me sounds a lot like those multi-level marketing companies. There seems to be a lot poping up here in Saint John lately. Friends of mine tried to get me to join one and it was involved with Disney as well. But it wasn't called Rave. Did they say anything to them about owning part of the business. I find these companies won't tell you everything up front, they try to pull you in slowly with promises of making big money!

Mandy
01-26-2007, 10:48 AM
Gosh, I just applied for a job there today! Maybe it would be best if I did not hear back from them...hahaha.... I had no idea what it was either, just in need of a job and it was on the job bank.

Be sure to post if you find out what this place is/where it is. I will if I do.

sjchickie
01-26-2007, 03:38 PM
my friend and his girlfriend both recently went for interviews. Here is what it is..its not a call center its sales....so basically it could be something like avon door to door. There is NO hourly wage it is bases ONLY on commission...when my buddy found that out he called to cancel and the women got very angry with him and asked him if he sent his girlfriend in first to check it out...he told her no but that he didnt want to waste either of there time coming in when they had no information about the job
FYI when i was living in BC i had people scam me and 6 others out of 2 weeks pay i FINALLY got it....I went in for 2 weeks showed up one day and they were gone as quick as they came....total scam....claimed they relocated...sooooo be weary of this rave place....ive heard only bad things

6sixstring6
01-26-2007, 04:48 PM
just had two guys in my office from RAVE, they go door to door especially businesses and sell all kinds of things, today they had 2.4 mpixl cameras for $10.00, story books for kids. They said they will be around with different items every week. I wouldn't expect to get rich doing this. It is commission sales, at least in the call centers or food service you know you will get a cheque every week.

Pumpkin
01-29-2007, 02:27 PM
OK so...the jobs all you people are talking about that you all applied for and your friends...what job title was it for?

I have a friend going for an interview tomorrow and I just read all this stuff to her.....

Her job title she is applying for is admin assistant also on the job bank....
were the job titles you went for, for sales? or admin as well?

Luvz_ya
01-29-2007, 02:56 PM
i know people who work there

miss_daisie
01-30-2007, 06:47 AM
my b/f was for a managers trainie possition. I beleave thats what it said on job bank.

Mandi
01-30-2007, 09:00 AM
i know people who work there

Do they like their job? My MIL Just applied for a job there, and it'd be nice to know she's not getting into something bad, which from the comments here would seem like. :(

Pumpkin
01-30-2007, 09:15 AM
Luvz Ya.....yes, if your friends work there....is it legit and how long have they worked there? It's not sounding to promising from what these posts are saying. Could you find out possibly and let us all know so we can let the ones who've applied know. :)

6sixstring6
01-30-2007, 09:45 AM
For those of you who are wondering, I already posted that it is door to door direct sales. Books, toys, 128mb mp3 players etc. all at hugely discounted prices.

The salse people who come around all have a shirt and tie on to give the air of professionalism.

Pay is probably performanced based (commission).

Hope this helps.

princess457
01-30-2007, 11:54 AM
ladies and gents,
iam currently working at RAVE and iam making great money every day , money in my pocket after each day . its really hard to grasp somthing like this in saint john , if its not call center work or labour jobs people think its not stable , but really its a great paying job and the people are amazing , its a fun and outgoing atmostpher.

jodik85
01-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Well, I am kind of discouraged after reading all of this, but I am going for orientation tomorrow, and I'm going to go judge for myself, might as well, really what do I have to lose? I'll post again and let you all know what I think tomorrow evening!

By the way, I found this on Jobbank as well... the position title i applied for is "office administration clerk".

Mandy
01-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I applied for an Administrative Assistant, and I noticed their number on my phone, but no msg. I heard it was door to door sales as well. Nothing I am interested in. Might be fun for the right person, not me though....still looking.

sjconway
01-31-2007, 08:07 PM
I went for an interview with this company as well today and was having the same experience as everyone else on here it seems. But the funny thing is the guy that interviewed me told me their head office was in Ontario and they have offices in moncton and halifax as well. i did get a bad feeling about this place, the office had barely any furniture it was like they weren't staying long. The thing that struck me as odd was also not finding any information about this company or a head office in ontario on the web...what marketing company doesn't have a web site? They called me back for an orientation tomorrow but I'm not going

actually yea. it was about the same. hes suppose to go in today for orientation and crap and go driven about and stuff. he thinks to see warehouses... he got outta em that they distribute all kinds of stuff. from disney to nascar...
they claim to be a new business thats just opening...
I dunno.. sounds a lil wierd to me...

missday
02-03-2007, 08:11 AM
The same thing happened to me I applied through the job bank and there number was on my phone yesterday but they never left a message so I called and they man who answered the phone just said hello witch i think is weird for a perfessional company to not have some sort of scrip like atleaset saying there name so you know who your speaking with. anyway I told the guy i sent a resume a few days ago and when i came home lastnight the number was on my phone with no message. He said oh she must of called you to schedual an interview (who is she first of all lol) then he told me that I can come in on monday at 4:30 for an interview and that was it he never even asked me for my name never gave any info about the position with I find weird as well because anytime i have ever applied for a job when the call they Always give you a little info on the position. so when i got off the phone i tried to find some info online and me as well can't find anything on them. i don't know if i should even wast my time going because if it's door to door then thats not what i want because it's not what i applied for and as far as i'm concerned they need to change their job titles on the job bank if thats not what their hiring for.

Mandy
02-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Makes me a bit nervous, as they have all my info off my resume.

Wonder what they will be doing with it?????

Well, I am glad I read the posts about this company. I am glad I did not call them back.

dollydoo
02-03-2007, 10:33 PM
I went for an interview with this company as well today and was having the same experience as everyone else on here it seems. But the funny thing is the guy that interviewed me told me their head office was in Ontario and they have offices in moncton and halifax as well. i did get a bad feeling about this place, the office had barely any furniture it was like they weren't staying long. The thing that struck me as odd was also not finding any information about this company or a head office in ontario on the web...what marketing company doesn't have a web site? They called me back for an orientation tomorrow but I'm not going

Okay, Here is the story on R.A.V.E distrubution. I went wed for and interview at 11am. The place did look like it had just opened up. With very little furniture etc. Also , i was asked to come in the next day for orientation from 8:45 until 5:30 if i was selected. He said he would call me by 5pm to let me know. (The position that i applied for by the way was manager trainee.) I too, was told that i would make anywheres from 30 to 50 thousand/year. I asked what the company delt with and what they did. I never got a straight answer just that it was marketing. I went home and i too tried to find a website but no luck. I waited for the call because i love working in a bussiness setting and being told that i would work m-f 9-5 was awesome.I thought hey pretty good SO WRONG........ I got the call at 5:25 and the girl on the phone asked me to dress warm as the office gets cold. I got a sitter for my daughter and went there hoping to find out exactly what the company was about. I no sooner walked in and another woman was there and she ws asked to fill out the same paper as i did. saying that we wouldn't get paid for the day as it was to show us how the place worked. The woman asked me if i knew anything about the company and i looked at her and said no i have no idea. she proceeded to asked the Secretary what it was about and she didnt give her a straight answer either. We asked about pay and she said that it varied. So the woman decided that it wasnt for her and left. I was thinking i wish i would have left too. I had a really weird feeling. So the man who gave me my interview came out and introduced me to another manager who i would be shadowing. I thought ok now where do i put my coat and what are we going to do??? We went outside and went door to door and after the first sale he made i said Hell No this isnt for me. The pay is commision and its 6 days a week monday to saturday. If you are good at door to door sales and interupting people as they eat then go for the job you would be good but if you are like many of the people on this forum that have respect for people and dont like to hound people at their home or bussiness then dont apply. I lost out on a day of pounding the pavement for a job as well as money. Bull company if you ask me........ And as for it being an outgoing company as if. The manager that i was stuck with had a busted fly that was so discusting. I mean if they make so much money why cant he afford a pair of pants that fit..... or at least money to get them fixed????? well hope i helped some people out.. good luck to everyone who is looking for a job just like me that isnt a scam.....lol

clairegt
02-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Has anyone heard of Rhinnovage? I have seen job postings on monster for this also. Is this the same thing as Rave distribution? Debating whether to apply to them or not

Mandy
02-19-2007, 04:31 PM
The manager that i was stuck with had a busted fly that was so discusting. I mean if they make so much money why cant he afford a pair of pants that fit..... or at least money to get them fixed????? well hope i helped some people out.. good luck to everyone who is looking for a job just like me that isnt a scam.....lol

hahahahahahah, I burst right out laughing after reading that! Yuck, that must have been awful. How could you talk to him without looking...hahahah

I agree the place is a scam; heard Rhino is the same type of scam too.

puppyluv
02-19-2007, 05:00 PM
btw, your posts saved a friend form going there and walking aorund in the cold for a day...thanks iSJ!

The_Dave
02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
To not pay someone for on the job training , IS a scam. That should have raised a red flag right there for anyone interested.

dolphinlover2007
02-20-2007, 12:04 AM
I applied for the job through the job bank about a month ago and they called me for an interview. I was sitting in the waiting room for over half an hour because they where getting an alarm system installed and when i finally got called in for my interview i wasnt even in there for five minutes. The job that i was appling for was Administrative Assistant. When i was in the interview they guy that was doing the interviews asked me what kind of job i was looking for and i told him and that is when he said that the job was for sales representives which was not what I applied for. He asked me if this was the job for me and I told him no. He said that they would be hiring for office work in a couple of weeks and that they would call me back when they were hiring for those positions and no one has ever called me back. When i sent my resume for the position that i was applying for I sent a cover letter too which explained exactly what I was looking for.

Cherry Pop
02-20-2007, 08:34 AM
I applied for the job through the job bank about a month ago and they called me for an interview. I was sitting in the waiting room for over half an hour because they where getting an alarm system installed and when i finally got called in for my interview i wasnt even in there for five minutes. The job that i was appling for was Administrative Assistant. When i was in the interview they guy that was doing the interviews asked me what kind of job i was looking for and i told him and that is when he said that the job was for sales representives which was not what I applied for. He asked me if this was the job for me and I told him no. He said that they would be hiring for office work in a couple of weeks and that they would call me back when they were hiring for those positions and no one has ever called me back. When i sent my resume for the position that i was applying for I sent a cover letter too which explained exactly what I was looking for.

That is crazy! If your looking for an administrative assistant position there is a dentist in Rothesay looking for a receptionist. It's advertised in the newspaper. Even though I can't work yet, I am always looking in the employment section just to keep on top of who is hiring!

The_Dave
02-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I am surprised the job bank even lets these scammers use their (our) systems.

LiLLY
02-26-2007, 04:11 PM
My boyfriend also went through the whole ordeal with these people left not even half way through the day. Said they were going door to door selling cheap cameras and greeting cards. said it was very sketchy!