PDA

View Full Version : Corrie gone till june

inuit
04-09-2008, 05:55 PM
:( NO, NO. The C.B.C. has taken Coronation Street off the evening slot till June 10. What will I do for my daily fix? It's still on Sunday mornings but it's not the same. Oh, the pain!!The pain. What bugs me is they are still putting Gags and other 1/2 hour shows on at 7pm. Why not Corrie? Why? Why? Do you suppose I'll last till June 10. I'll have to go somewhere for holidays or something.

Misty589
04-09-2008, 06:06 PM
lol my grandmother loves that show, i wonder if she knows..........

i used to hate going there as a kid and having to watch that show !

puppyluv
04-13-2008, 07:16 AM
Ahh, you can still catch up on the weeks with the Sunday ones..watching it now :P

inuit
06-08-2008, 09:26 PM
IT"S COMKING BACK TOMORROW!!!!YES, YES Finally, It's been an awful long wait. Been gone since April. Love to watch the show daily.

puppyluv
06-09-2008, 05:34 AM
I won't be watching it for awhile as I have kept up to date in the Sundays 2 hour episodes. :)
Tonight is a back to back episode btw :)

inuit
06-09-2008, 12:07 PM
I didn't know tonight is a back to back. Thought it was back to back tomorrow night. Thank you Puppylove. Now will they start tonight's episode where April left off or where last Sunday left off? I'll set up the vcr just in case. Hate, hate to miss an episode. Oh my Oh my, it's back on. Wonder if it will be cancelled again for the summer games?

bradorna
06-20-2008, 08:19 AM
Oh man it is nice to hear there are actually other people that like this show. I love it and so many people think I am nuts. I watch the two hour episodes on Sundays morning at 7:30am and get up just to do this. It is also on the time change channels( I think they are called that), the ones from AB. Manitoba and BC. But I will stick to Sunday morning or I would miss too many and life would stop right there for me......lol...."Another Corrie fan for many years"

inuit
06-20-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm glad the sunday morning 2 1/2 hour omnibus' are on but I find it really hard to sit still for that long and watch. Someone always comes in and interrupts it. I love to tape it every evening and watch it when I get up at 6 am because everyone else is asleep and I can get my tea and watch it in peace.lol
Have you heard if they are going to cancel the show when the olympics come on? I hope not but most assuredly, they will.
Do you buy the ekkles cakes and eat them while watching the show? I do. See totally absorbed in Corrie. lol

bradorna
06-26-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm glad the sunday morning 2 1/2 hour omnibus' are on but I find it really hard to sit still for that long and watch. Someone always comes in and interrupts it. I love to tape it every evening and watch it when I get up at 6 am because everyone else is asleep and I can get my tea and watch it in peace.lol
Have you heard if they are going to cancel the show when the olympics come on? I hope not but most assuredly, they will.
Do you buy the ekkles cakes and eat them while watching the show? I do. See totally absorbed in Corrie. lol

Ekkles cakes???? I don't know what they are!!! If CBC doesn't show Corrie then like I had talked of earlier, it is on the channels from out west, I believe it is 10am and 12 both (could be wrong about the 12 noon, it may be 11 on a different channel).

enjoy your cakes, I like scones but Sobeys stopped making them, and I don't know where else I can get them. Sobeys were so gooooood !!!!!!

inuit
06-26-2008, 09:45 AM
OMG Bradorna, let me inform you. You can get ekkles cakes, scones, egg custards, pasties, meat pies ect...... at the city market on saturdays. There are two ladies who sell english cooking about 3/4 the way down the market. You MUST try some. The scones are to die for.You must go early thouh because they sell out of ekkles cakes and sometimes even scones quickly (depends on if I get there early enough lol). I usually buy only 3 ekkles cakes because I will eat all that I buy and I really don't need the calories.lol If you get a chance to try some, it's worth the trip.

blacksheep
07-08-2008, 10:56 AM
I didn't know about the ladies in the market. Will have to go. What are ekkles cakes? I know when I was in Scotland years ago, we lived on warm scones and jam for breakfast,yummy. I wouldn't miss an episode of Corrie. I watch every night and I do catch up on Sunday, while I am having my breakfast, just in case I missed something.

inuit
07-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Oh my Blacksheep, Ekkles cakes are little pastries with little bits of fruit and nuts sprinkled on top and then alittle pastry top with slits over the top of it. Sprinkled with powdered sugar on top of it. The cakes themselves are only the size of a small coffee can in diameter. To die for! I buy only 3 or 4 a week because I eat all I buy myself.LOL These ladies sell scones too. Try some ekkles cakes.
Unfortunately I read ahead and spoil the show for myself because I know what will happen next. Way too much time on my hands. LOL

puppyluv
10-19-2008, 08:04 AM
Inuit, have you checked it out in HiDef? I ama amazed at the colours etc!! wohooo

inuit
10-19-2008, 01:39 PM
No Puppy, I don't have HD t.v. Maybe in the future :)

puppyluv
10-19-2008, 01:43 PM
very cool!!!

puppyluv
10-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Is anyone watching this right now?? It is going to make you cry!:(

inuit
11-02-2008, 08:28 AM
You must be watching where Vera dies. I know. End of and era. Sad to watch all of the old ones go. Seems like watching extended family go.