PDA

View Full Version : Wall Thermostat for electric baseboard heating -

Lill
01-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Problem solved! Thanks.

user5624
01-22-2007, 06:58 PM
Sounds like it is the thermostat. Don't know about yours and I'm not advanced in the electrical field (I really don't know much at all) but we replaced ours. They're cheap and it is easy. We turned the power off to that heater at the breaker, pulled off the case, unscrewed, untwisted the wires, and put the new one on. Ever changed an electrical outlet? Not much harder then that.

crydaga
01-22-2007, 07:43 PM
Sounds like faulty themostat. I am not sure by your discription but one other possiblity is that it is not in the same room as the heater. I only say this because I had one for my bathroom that was just outside the bathroom door. So it was reading the temp in the livingroom and turning on and off by that reading. I just cut a hole in the bathroom wall and put the thermostat in the bathroom. Don't sound like the same problem but maybe.

The_Dave
01-22-2007, 10:11 PM
If it is on a wall that is an outside wall ( a wall that is part of the 4 sides of the house ), it is picking up the outside temperature. Move the thermostat to an inside wall, this will fix the problem. Also make sure the thermostat does not have direct sunlight on it as it will give a false reading because of the warmth from the sunlight and not kick in as it should.

The_Dave
01-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Sorry I missed the part about where you said it is not on an outside wall.

Lill
01-24-2007, 05:23 PM
Thanks all! Guess I will go with replacing the thermostat on the wall. Sounds simple enough!

diggitydank
01-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I have some new beige ones here,
you can have one.
It's an older style but I'm sure it works.