PDA

View Full Version : Car problem

anita
01-22-2007, 06:08 PM
Not sure if anyone can help but it's worth a try.....

I stsrted my car today after it has set in the driveway for approx 3-4 days. It started up ok, but I forgot something in the house and had to shut it off within 30 seconds of starting it. Well now when I try to start it all it does is make a tick tick tick tick sound.

It's not the battery cause we tried boosting it....any suggestions?

icedragon
01-22-2007, 06:50 PM
I could very well be wrong but I don't think turning your car on and then shutting it off will do much of anything to your car. They are kinda designed to be turned on and off. The last time my car went tic tic tic I had to change the starter. That in no way means that is what's wrong with your car though. So I guess all in all this post is actually totally useless to you.

Smash
01-22-2007, 07:00 PM
I think you're right about the starter..... My last car did the same thing, and that was what was wrong. And last week, the same thing happened to a friend of mine, and again, it was the starter. It's probably a good bet! Hope this helps. :D

Rickster
01-22-2007, 07:07 PM
I just had the EXACT same problem today and when I tried to boost it at first it just clicked also but knowing how cars behave sometimes I left the cables on for a while till it kind of got a charge and warmed up(15mins) and then tried it again and voila it started. mine sat for almost two weeks so I know that the battery was quite cold.

anita
01-23-2007, 09:03 AM
Thank you everyone for the wealth of information...I knew someone on here would know what to do. ;)

I boosted it for awhile and it started right up....glad it wasn't the starter.

I am so glad we have isaintjohn!!!!!

Rickster
01-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Your Welcome !!