PDA

View Full Version : Saint John Soccer

FutureChief88
04-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Anyone have any info on this. I have gone to saintjohnsoccer.ca and couldnt really get any info. I have called these people a few times and dont get a return phone call.

I am wondering if anyone has used them. My daughter is 5.. and i would like to get her into something fun this year. Also.. If they need any experience..

Thanks Guys in advance..

T4
04-02-2008, 07:20 AM
They don't need experience to play, as it pretty much just fun based at the age of 5. They get taught the "basics" for that age group. I just signed my daughter
up last weekend at Sobeys northend. There should be another date on their website.

FutureChief88
04-02-2008, 11:03 AM
So you just go there to sign up?

any otehr costs associated with this other than the $60 registration fee?

livkat
04-03-2008, 01:02 PM
Fundy Soccer is who I am registering my 3 1/2 year old with. Some dates and times are;Thurs, April10 @ Mcallister (April10@ Mcallister) place 12-9, Sat, April12@ M Gerald Teed 10-1, Sunday April13@ M Gerald Teed 1-4, Fri April18@ Quispamsis civic center 6:30-8:30 and Sat April19 @ Quispamsis Rink, Room A 10-1 . Hope this might be helpful! Also fundy soccers website is www.fundysoccer.org

livkat
04-03-2008, 01:03 PM
So you just go there to sign up?

any otehr costs associated with this other than the $60 registration fee?
For safety purposes your usually asked to provide your child with cleats and shinpads.

T4
04-04-2008, 12:30 AM
Yes, that would be correct. Shin guards, cleats and a water bottle are all they really need. The jersey is provided by the team.

FutureChief88
04-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I was informed that at her age she doesnt even need cleats.. just sneakers. The registration for her age seems a little high tho. The saintjohnsoccer is much cheaper.

Just wanted to know if anyoe has used them and has any feedback for them.
Thanks

livkat
04-05-2008, 10:36 AM
You get what you pay for F.C. With regards to the cleats, chances are most of the players will be wearing cleats, and the soccer field can be slick after a rain, cleats give a little more stability, when they are running.
Out in Rothesay, the soccer shop has a used cleat sale every May. It's a good place to get decent soccer gear for affordable prices, especially since childrens feet grow so quick and next season they will probably need new cleats:)

FutureChief88
04-05-2008, 11:59 AM
its not the money.. I can afford to buy her stuff.. I was just wondering about this other place.. cause they seemed shoddy. And i have gotten my review.. I believe i will be going with fundy!

But the people at Fundy told me that she wouldnt need cleats at her age.. so ill go with what they reccommend.

Livkat. Do you feel they have good organization?

livkat
04-05-2008, 12:43 PM
its not the money.. I can afford to buy her stuff.. I was just wondering about this other place.. cause they seemed shoddy. And i have gotten my review.. I believe i will be going with fundy!

But the people at Fundy told me that she wouldnt need cleats at her age.. so ill go with what they reccommend.

Livkat. Do you feel they have good organization?
I did not mean to sound insulting, I just meant that children grow so quickley, cleats are only used for 3 months, so second hand cleats for younger ones especially, are easy to find in good condition.
As for Fundy Soccer, I grew up playing soccer with them, and never had a problem. There were a few problems a few years back, but the problem was resolved, and that person is no longer with the organization.
No matter were your daughter plays, she will enjoy it i'm sure. My three year old however, may be out there picking flowers instead of chasing the ball. lol..

FutureChief88
04-05-2008, 01:09 PM
LOL
Im just hoping she will be interested. I have heard nothing but good reviews on Fundy and nothing but bad about the saintjohnsoccer.

I will be choosing fundy.. They seem very friendly!

MichelleM
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
LOL
Im just hoping she will be interested. I have heard nothing but good reviews on Fundy and nothing but bad about the saintjohnsoccer.

I will be choosing fundy.. They seem very friendly!

When we chose which to put my daughter in we heard the complete opposite and put her in saint john soccer and were very happy with it. She didn't like it( ran from the ball). My son will be starting this year with Saint John Soccer as I still have not heard great things about Fundy.

FutureChief88
04-05-2008, 03:30 PM
Ugh r u serious.. Can u PM me some deets.. I heard they were vey un-organized. Have you heard anything bad about Fundy?

sanstu
04-05-2008, 03:35 PM
I think it is good to have the 2 organizations. People can shop around, and get the most for their money. I am sure there are good and bad points with every club,most problems being at the top not at the coaching level.
All children need to have cleats and shin pads, I believe that is mandated for insurance purposes.

FutureChief88
04-05-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes.. ia m not argueing the protective clothing.. I am just wanting to see what place is the best for my daughter. I dont care what goes on at the Exec level.. I just want to know she is going to have fun and learn

sanstu
04-05-2008, 07:24 PM
At this age either club would offer a good program. I would go with the club that is more friendly on the pocketbook. Your daughter will have fun with either club. It's the social aspect that kids like at this age(especially girls).

iluvmnm
04-25-2008, 12:42 PM
My daughter goes through saint john soccer. It always been a good experience, she's 11 now. They do have fun and someone always has an end-of-season party for the kids to get together. =)

FutureChief88
04-25-2008, 01:20 PM
I already registered her in Fundy.
Thanks

T4
05-01-2008, 01:14 PM
Anyone know what's going on with Saint John Soccer?? I am a bit miffed!! I payed early and was told that "because of the early payment, that she would start indoor soccer, then they would be moving to the fields on the 29th of April" Well, the lady at the table didn't even know what fields they would be able to have access to!! I should have known then, not to go with that club!! I have tried calling the last few days and only get a recording, then it tells me that the mail box is FULL!!!

I am NOT a happy mother at the moment!! (well, neither is my daughter, lol) One of my eldest daughters played with Fundy for several years and it was a GREAT experience, should have went to them to begin with!!

If anyone has any information, could you please pm me.

Thanks

livkat
05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
Anyone know what's going on with Saint John Soccer?? I am a bit miffed!! I payed early and was told that "because of the early payment, that she would start indoor soccer, then they would be moving to the fields on the 29th of April" Well, the lady at the table didn't even know what fields they would be able to have access to!! I should have known then, not to go with that club!! I have tried calling the last few days and only get a recording, then it tells me that the mail box is FULL!!!

I am NOT a happy mother at the moment!! (well, neither is my daughter, lol) One of my eldest daughters played with Fundy for several years and it was a GREAT experience, should have went to them to begin with!!

If anyone has any information, could you please pm me.

Thanks
May not be to late for a refund, and switch to Fundy Soccer

T4
05-05-2008, 08:06 AM
I am calling them today (Saint John Soccer), asking them for a refund of payment.

Tara
05-05-2008, 05:42 PM
Where exactly do you play with Fundy soccer? And does anyone know when the season is supposed to start?

FutureChief88
05-05-2008, 07:05 PM
The season starts in June.. But i think registration is over.

Check out the Site

www.fundysoccer.ca (http://www.fundysoccer.ca)