PDA

View Full Version : Pot Belly Pig anyone?

user5624
01-22-2007, 08:25 AM
http://www.saintjohnanimalrescue.com/?p=adoptm&id=320&t=3&b=p%3Dadoptl%26t%3D3

domarloc
01-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Isn't this considered a farm animal?? Are you allowed to have pigs as pets in city limits?? He's kinda cute...that is as cute as a pig can be...LOL

user5624
01-22-2007, 01:44 PM
I know of people keeping them as pets. I'm not sure of the laws surrounding it. But I thought it was interesting to see a pig on there. Well not interesting, but different.

hunter05
01-22-2007, 02:15 PM
was in to see her the other day and brought them some pellets....I have a five year old male and I hope anyone who considers adopting does there research. They do get quite big and vet care for them around here is hard to find....and she is not fixed as of yet and a pig in heat would drive you nuts....Bacon who is at the ARL is very social from what I saw and they are treating her very well....I am trying to talk the hubby into letting me foster her for them as we are in the country with plenty of room but I hope she gets a good, informed home.

miss_daisie
01-22-2007, 06:28 PM
awww she is adourable.
Pot bellys can be kept as house pets. I mean I wouldnt recommend one in place of a dog or anything. They do require alot of work and time and vet care is hard to find like hunter05 said.
but they are able to be a house pet. With the right care they can be wonderful pets. They once had one for sale at pets unlimited. Im not sure when it went. But they dont come cheap thats for sure.:P

user5624
01-22-2007, 06:31 PM
My grandmother had one when I was little. A black one. I barely remember her though. I have no idea what it was like to take care of her. What's house training those like? They can be house trained, right? I've smelled pig poo, and I can't even imagine that being in my house... o_O

babydoll101
01-22-2007, 07:28 PM
awww she is adourable.
Pot bellys can be kept as house pets. I mean I wouldnt recommend one in place of a dog or anything. They do require alot of work and time and vet care is hard to find like hunter05 said.
but they are able to be a house pet. With the right care they can be wonderful pets. They once had one for sale at pets unlimited. Im not sure when it went. But they dont come cheap thats for sure.:P

The one that you are talking about that was at Pets unlimited my friend bought. They mistreated that poor thing at that pet store. I think she paid way too much for it. It is a male and she has regreted it ever since. They are VERY hard to look after. But they took on the responsibility and are dealing with it. They had to get it neutured and had to go to Sussex to have it done as no one would do it around here. I don't think it has calmed down much even after that. Oh and it has probably doubled in size.

Cherry Pop
01-22-2007, 07:34 PM
I love piggies and if i didn't live in an apartment I would have one! Potbellies are a lot of work to take care of but so worth it! So cute too!

The_Dave
01-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I love piggies too. Looks like a good Sunday meal to me while the boys are watching football. I may adopt one, for a Sunday.

Woofer
01-28-2007, 11:23 AM
my cousin adopted the pig few days ago it is now living in fredericton in a good home :) i passed the link onto them and they came down and adopted her. :) the thing likes to poop alot lol it peed on my rug and pooped on my floors. glad they didnt stay long lol

user5624
01-28-2007, 11:27 AM
Woofer, that's awesome! Be sure to post some pictures of her if you can get some :)

Woofer
01-28-2007, 11:32 AM
sure when i see them on MSN i'll ask for some pics :)