PDA

View Full Version : Room dividers/privacy screens

Mertyl01
03-31-2008, 11:49 AM
Hi, I'm not sure if this questions fits here or not...but does anyone know where I would get one of those panels that people use to divide a room. my apartments has this big doorway where I'm guessing there used to be french doors, and we want to make that into a bedroom as we are expecting another baby, but can't afford to move. So we were thinking of just putting one of those screens up, but luck in actually locating one. Any thoughts???:p

inuit
04-22-2008, 05:02 AM
Actually, they are not too hard to build if you can't find one to buy.You would need about 18 pieces of straping,6 hinges, some cloth and some paint. Make 3 double frames with cloth sandwiched between the frames then add hinges. Just a thought. I watched it on Deddie Travis Painted House and I made one. She also made one out of 3 narrow closet doors using hinges. That would be easier and fairly cheap.

tred816
04-24-2008, 08:37 AM
This may seem a bit too simple, but my husband and I did that in our old apartment and we just bought a curtain rod and a large set of curtains. It worked great and wasn't too expensive either. :-) Good Luck!

inuit
05-04-2008, 01:02 PM
I just was looking through the Sears catalog and found screens for 150.00. That's a little high.

bradorna
05-08-2008, 08:26 AM
It could be possible if you post an ad for french doors that someone may have a pair to get rid of. If you think there were some there previously then it would not be hard to install another set. Believe it or not this is what was on a doorway of my bedroom in an apartment I once rented. On the inside I hung a long rod and went to value village and bought two white flat sheets and hung them for privacy, since the doors did lead to the dining room. They actually looked quite nice when you looked at them from the dining room. good luck.