PDA

View Full Version : EasyFinancial AGAIN:

FutureChief88
03-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Om all i need some assistance..
I JUST got a call on my cell.. From Horizon Mastercard.. a gentlemens voice on my voicemail requesting that i contact them asap.. because a CARD i had applied for had been returned due to an invalid address and they needed my new info to send out my card..

To my surprise i called these people.. I hadnt applied for a card.. so i figured i would just tell them that and it would be done..

They informed me that the card had been activated.. and USED.. $2791 of it! Apparently it was a $2800 card..

They have ALL of my info.. but the correct address..

and behold the address they had was 80 mcallister drive.

Now i thought nothing of the address until going back into work and discussing it with a few co-workers.. One of my co-workers informedme that horizon was through EASY FINANCIAL.. Upon looking it up.. I realized that their address was 80 mcallister drive..

Now in nov i applied for a loan through them.. Never heard anything back.. so i enquired about it in Jan.. and still nothing. I just figured i had been lost in the shuffle.. and didnt care cause i no longer needed the money.

Now come to find this card was sent back to them..

I asked if the card was sent back.. how it could have been charged.. apparently they sent out a temp card.. (which anyone can use) and then the "Real Card".. Well the real card was the one sent back to them. I can only assume that the temp card was sent to easy financial.. because the only address they had on file for me was 80 Mcallister drive!

What am i supposed to do. These people at the horizon place told me to send in sayin this information was false.. But i did apply for the money.. I just never heard back.. nor have i used it! And i fully believe i was frauded by an employee of easy financial! There is no otehr way it could have happened!
Please someone help!

CM
03-29-2008, 09:07 PM
All I can suggest is going in person to Easy Financial, and asking if they have records of the purchases. Then get them to show you signatures for these purchases, and then show them your signature. The police may have to get involved because it is a case of theft and fraud. I don't know what else to suggest.

jennifer25ca2006
03-30-2008, 01:55 AM
I had the same thing done to me and you would need to go in and talk to a manager about this and yes I would also get into contact with the police. Actually I would contact them first. To let you know this should be taken off your credit but it will be hard. This happened to me a year ago and I am finally getting it off my credit now.

inuit
03-30-2008, 07:01 AM
That's really scary. No matter the amount though, you didn't spend it so you shouldn't have to repay it. Why did it take a year Jenn.?

Chantal
03-30-2008, 08:03 AM
In cases of identity theft it is very hard to prove it was not you who made the charges. We found out last year, when we applied for a mortgage, that we had an outstanding bill in my husbands name. After a few phone calls we figured out it was something his ex girlfriend had done. We contacted the police and the company who it was charged to and they both said we had to provide proof. After weeks of phone calls and getting no where, we ended up paying the bill to save our credit (we were lucky it was no where near the 2700$ of yours) Good luck to you, I really hope you get some help in solving this. It is very frustrating and unbelievable how easy it actually is to get away with this!!!

sanstu
03-30-2008, 09:42 AM
I could be wrong, but when you receive a credit card do you not have to call the # to activiate the card? The credit card company would have the phone # used to activiate the card. (I've also never heard tell of a "temp" credit card) Banks will issue a temp. debit card, but a credit card company; me thinks something smells fishy!

christine chittick
03-30-2008, 11:19 AM
Call Equifax or TransUnion, and file a complaint. They have some information and a phone number in case of identity theft, they will or should be able to direct you as to what to do.

puppyluv
03-30-2008, 12:39 PM
Sanstu, some places where you apply for credit, you get a temp shopping pass until your card comes in.
But I agree, get the signature, and maybe even check to see if they have cameras.

FutureChief88
03-30-2008, 10:12 PM
No.. It was a pre-loaded card. I have found out since.. that the person TOOK the money from the loan i applied for and used my info to load it onto a pre-paid card. It was activated through an automated service.. and was only used at ATM machines.. therefore no signature was required! I have already called the police and am going to see them tomorrow. The problem is.. i have a very bad temper when it comes to this kind of stuff.. and i want to be able to control myself! The card was used between jan 21 and Jan 24.. and not used again. It has since been cancelled.. and the card itself will not affect my credit.. but i have to call about the loan tomorrow.

I dont understand how a company attempting to operate a business.. has employees that are able to scam a persons information. The ONLY reason i may be able to track this back to these people is because their address is on the acct.. NONE of my adresses are on the acct.. ONLY theirs..

The police suggested i speak with the company first and if they give me a hard time too contact the police back. At least the ball is rolling until i get in there myself.

I will keep you posted!

(and yes.. ur right puppyluv.. It was apparently a "temp card" until the one with your name on it was printed.. Seems like a pretty rediculous thing to do to me.. )

FutureChief88
03-31-2008, 11:36 AM
So i went down.. And Behold my loan was declined?? WTF.. I am waiting to hear back and the police are going to contact them. Ugh

sanstu
03-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Was your loan declined because of the $2791.00 that "you received", and have not made payment on?

redsheila2006
03-31-2008, 03:19 PM
I applied for a loan just before Christmas because i thought the money would come in handy for Christmas. I never heard from them again. It really pissed me off because they should have contacted me if I was approved or not for a loan.I called them up to make a complaint and the same girl who took my application answered the phone and when I asked her for a manager name so I could make a complaiint she put me on hold and never came back to the phone. I hope the same thing that happened to you didn't happen to me.I am definately going to get a credit report done so I can look into it.If I were you I would fight it till the end and make sure someone pays for what they done.It is very personal information we gave them and it bothers me to know it lays in someones hands who would use it to their advantage. I thought at the time when I applied she didn't seem very professional as she was talking on the phone to a friend and cursing and swearing. I hope you get some answers and I hope if this happens to any more people that they will come forward so that they are punished for it.