PDA

View Full Version : jobs out West!!

hiph0p
12-06-2006, 07:44 AM
you know what
i think its really sad that theres no work in saint john
and everyone is moving out west
although most of them well pretty much 98% of them all come back with in 5 years... its sad that no one can get wok here so they move
to alberta to get work and theres NO WHERES for them to live
i have a lot of family out there
and they tell me in calgary theres students and workers
livng in motels or even on the streets no because they cant
afford the cost of rent its due to the fact
there is no wheres to be rented and the places
that are for rent are way too expensive!!!
living cost out there is a lot though
my aunt and uncle own a 600 thousand dollar home
and here it would only be about 250 thousand
its crazy!! they want to double their population in calgary
but why arent they making more high rises or appartment buildings?
my aunt says they promised to make more but they take forever

and in september! they had to delay the time to go back to school
because there wasnt enough bus drivers! i think thats crazy!

but if anyone is planning to go out west you better know somone
or be prepared to live in a motel or even on the streets for a bit... and FORT MCMURRY... my cousin says people rentout little garages and live in them to just think twice .. and theres nothing but cold and ish in fort mcmurry
so moving out west is not the greatest idea!!!
think twice!

rubycshells
12-12-2006, 04:50 PM
A friend of mine got an apartment right away. Now that was in September so I don't know what the current situation is out there.

avenger_99
12-22-2006, 07:59 AM
I lived in Calgary for a while and found it not to be as expensive as everyone says.There were plenty of apartments to rent and the average price was $500 a month.It depends where in Calgary you want to live.If you want to live right down town then it can be exspensive.The price of homes has been a little exaggerated too.A new house starts at about $250,000.New houses here are not much cheaper.The myth about big money out the is just for trades people.The average unskilled worker makes about $12 an hour.Calgary is a fast growing and fast moving city.It can be very tiring to live in,but it is worth it if you can keep up with it.

icedragon
12-22-2006, 01:51 PM
There were lots of apartments the last time I was there. My brother just moved there like a week ago and found an apartment easily. I paid 650.00$ a month for an apartment in calgary. just a few dollars more than my apartment in halifax. The cost of living isn't that much higher. There is a ton of work and more importantly there is alot of room for advancement. There are alot of apprenticable trades out west, Here employers won't look at you unless you went to school. Both my wife and I have half-decent jobs here or I'd go back. Best decision anyone could make is to start their career out west.