PDA

View Full Version : anyone else's mail still late coming?

mizunderstood
03-25-2008, 07:29 PM
So it is 8:24 pm, and my mail JUST came! Anyone else still having issues with their mail???? Who do you contact about this??? This is getting ridiculous!

rhiley_08j
03-25-2008, 07:47 PM
Apparently our issue with the mail is imaginary. Don't you know that mail carriers only work from 7 to 3. :rofl:

sanstu
03-25-2008, 08:25 PM
I live in Quispam. and noticed the mail guy delivering mail tonite at 7:30 pm. He must be on the nite shift.

smith
03-25-2008, 08:40 PM
i just got my mail at 930 pm tonight.

jennifer25ca2006
03-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Well then you have a rural route and they can work as long as they want they are on salary so it does not really matter what time they leave to deliver or what time tey get done. There was a holiday and a lot of mail I know I got a lot so why don't you give them a break.

mizunderstood
03-25-2008, 09:06 PM
what do you mean by rural route? I didn't know that churchill blvd, main street, and the birdland trailor park was a rural route?

monoke
03-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Well then you have a rural route and they can work as long as they want they are on salary so it does not really matter what time they leave to deliver or what time tey get done. There was a holiday and a lot of mail I know I got a lot so why don't you give them a break.

Give them a break? You gotta be kidding. They are underworked and way over paid. I don't think half of the letter carriers can read judging by the mail that arrives in my mailbox that does not have my address on it. Or somebody from three blocks over bringing my mail that was left in their box.... Give them a break, right!

mizunderstood
03-25-2008, 09:19 PM
I understand they do have a long stressful day, but I mean seriously, mail arriving at 930 at nite? I have been waiting for a special "gift" in the mail for a week now... It left Woodstock, NB on Friday March 7th and FINALLY got here tonite....That is a little weird!

jennifer25ca2006
03-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Well you try it for one day.. Tell me how long it takes you to sort it. Then get it out.

dan j
03-25-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, while most people get the long weekend off and then go back to a normal workload some jobs like the postal workers dread going back to their job because any time off just means a ton more work when they get back. Call centres are the same way. It even ruins the time off for the workers who get a few hours to relax with their families knowing that the time off just means a more stressful week. Give it up, life goes on, you'll get your mail.

patbez
03-25-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow...I thought we were getting ours late when it was arriving after 5pm some days, lol. It used to come by 11:30am for years...but now I'm thinking 5pm isn't so bad, however, it's starting to get closer to normal...ours came at 12:30pm today.

rhiley_08j
03-25-2008, 11:10 PM
mine was supper time today,and im also over due a parcel!

christine chittick
03-26-2008, 07:34 AM
Didn't you guys get the notice in the mail that stated that the letter carriers were changing their routes around etc. , and you may or may not notice a difference in when you receive your mail and they apologized for any inconvenience? I got one months ago. Sometimes mine comes at supper, most times its around 9am. Truthfully, I don't care what time my mail comes, just as long as it gets here.

FutureChief88
03-26-2008, 07:43 AM
Exactly.. These people are ALL set to new routes.. God forbid it take them a bit of time to get to know the new route.
My bf worked there and got a new route EACH day! So yes.. he was delivering until 730-8 at night. Its not fun for the families of these postal workers either u know. Maybe you should complain to the postal service about their rediculous change!

Chinna Dah
03-26-2008, 07:54 AM
some times we get ours at 9 am, last night it was 6:15 pm. I don't ever recall there being a set time on when mail had to be delivered. I can see people on welfare being a little testy, cause they can't cash thier cheques till the next day, but in general, I am just happy my mail still arrives to my door, and we havent come to having to go to a community mail box to pick it up.

KRS
03-26-2008, 08:52 AM
I get mine at noon, sorry guys.

wookiee
03-26-2008, 09:31 AM
To the ones that are crying about there mail being late......get over it. I'm sure there is a reason why they were late.

Did any of you stop to think that maybe they are understaffed?? huh??
jen is right there was a holiday and they get backed up with mail...like she said you go do it if you think you can do better.

last, be grateful you get your mail! In the states its like this every day all year long...and even much much worse.

There is no rule anywhere that says mail has to be here at this place and this time.

inuit
03-26-2008, 11:31 AM
I do miss the door to door delivery. I loved running only as far as the door in my pj's to get my mail. Now I live outside of the city I have a community box and mail delivery varies. Some days I go to the box 2 or 3 times to check for mail. Appreciate it while you've got it when it's gone you'll miss it.

ksbeckaa
03-26-2008, 11:35 AM
I have a community mailbox too...a bit of a hike away....on days like this..I'll wait until the weather gets better to go out for it.

jennifer25ca2006
03-26-2008, 02:17 PM
I know myself that I used to be a helper with a rural route and when I first started out we took forever. It was after dark before we got home. If you ppl do not like this then complain to the post office that you dont like their change. I noticed the first few days when there was a change I waited till supper time. I know that it is a hard job. For the other people that are complaining that you are getting mail that does not belong to you then suck it up put it back into your box and let him know he delivered it to the wrong place. I would love to see some of you go in there for a week. Deliver mail and see if you make mistakes and how late you get off. I am sure you would love the job. lmfao. Mail does get stuck together and that is probably why you are recieving the wrong mail. God knows I did it a few time by accident. Thank god the ppl on the route were nothing like you guys a bunch of whiners. They would let me know the mistake and understand I was new. You ppl need to stop your whining and stop worring about what time the mail comes. OMG you have to wait an extra day. Then maybe you should get direct deposit on whatever comes in the mail as a cheque then you will not have to worry about it.

FutureChief88
03-26-2008, 02:30 PM
My BF actually got let go because of these "whiners". he was New to every route he did.. and couldnt get into some of the lock boxes.. and was late a few times.. and because of their complaining.. he lost his job. the PO doesnt help the workers learn.. they fire based on complaint..

He and the union are fighting it.. but it could take a LONG time.

jennifer25ca2006
03-26-2008, 02:33 PM
people really need to suck it up and get over that their mail is coming late. So Sorry to hear about your bf

wookiee
03-26-2008, 02:42 PM
people really need to suck it up and get over that their mail is coming late. So Sorry to hear about your bf

I agree...there are way worst things happening out here.

Like I said earlier, be grateful they aren't in the US. People wait days and weeks consistenly down there...worst postal service in the world. I would love to see the complainers up here, live down there to get there mail!!
It would be like a midlife crisis to them!:rofl:

FutureChief88
03-26-2008, 02:47 PM
It is sad.. that because of a few people complaining.. he got let go. First off they didnt train him enough.. to which we have responses... "really.. how much training do you need to deliver MAIL"
That REALLY urkes me!

It is a sin.. because he loved his job
thank Jenn

patbez
03-26-2008, 03:18 PM
Remember, some people weren't complaining, just stating what time theirs came...

Let's remember, the statement saying that the mail system was changing went out at the beginning of the year...it's now almost April. I feel bad if the carriers are being given a new route every day or week, but if not, then you'd think a few months would be enough time to get used to their new one.

With that being said, I really don't give THAT much of a care what time my mail comes...however, I have other gripes with the postal service, like the fact that my package deliverer NEVER knocks or rings my doorbell & always just leaves me a slip. This has happened 4 times in a row, when I have been home...I know I have been home & not busy because they have to write the time on the slip. & he's been coming quite late, meaning I can't pick up the package until the following day & have to walk uptown to get it. Which isn't so easy when pregnant & it's icy & cold out. One day I got a slip & it stated after what time period I could pick it up...walked uptown to the post office only to be told he was late bringing back the packages & mine wasn't there. I waited until the mall was about to close at 6pm & went back to check...& he still hadn't brought them, so I had to go back the next day :/ I did call & complain after the 4th time of him not ringing the doorbell...but normally, if something happens a couple of times, its no biggie.

I DO understand & feel badly for the mail carriers that are having a hard time with the changes, but keep in mind it's still a service...one that someone paid for by buying a stamp & that we pay for when we buy a stamp/pay to send something. It's not like they don't get paid or don't get paid well.

FutureChief88
03-26-2008, 03:31 PM
I DO understand & feel badly for the mail carriers that are having a hard time with the changes, but keep in mind it's still a service...one that someone paid for by buying a stamp & that we pay for when we buy a stamp/pay to send something. It's not like they don't get paid or don't get paid well.

And you are right.. but the purchase of the stamp in no way guarantees that your mail be deliverd by a certain time in a certain day.. Unless of course you are paying for express delivery.. Which is handled elsewhere.

and yes they get paid.. and well .. but they lose their jobs if 3 complaints have been put in against them. The PO offers no help/training. Just here is your complaint.. if you get another your out the door.

rhiley_08j
03-26-2008, 03:31 PM
In all honesty if people become accustomed to a certain service and it changes to what they view as negatively than they are going to complain. It is human nature. What better way to complain then to come onto a forum? Would it be better if everyone on here complained directly to the post office, causing more hard working postal carriers to lose their employment because of route changes made by Canada Post?

FutureChief88
03-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Well exactly.. and as stated.. they should be calling to complain about changes implemented by Canada Post.. rather than their current Mail Carrier.

If the feel they should complain.

rhiley_08j
03-26-2008, 03:42 PM
Well exactly.. and as stated.. they should be calling to complain about changes implemented by Canada Post.. rather than their current Mail Carrier.

If the feel they should complain.

If they are calling, they would be calling to complain about the time it is being delivered, whether that is because of the carrier or Canada Post's administrative actions would be up to Canada Post to clarify.

jennifer25ca2006
03-26-2008, 03:50 PM
As posted in a previous post you should have recieved a letter in the mail telling you a Number that you can call and the changes that were being done. Ya well why dont you go out rhileyj and deliever mail for a month I can guarantee you you will have a hard time. You Sit there and complain about it and I think that the mal carriers does not like being out there that late just as much as you don't like it.

mizunderstood
03-26-2008, 04:29 PM
ok, I recieved the letter stating that there were changes, please bare with us, blah blah blah, but I mean come on, seriously how much time do you need to adjust? What other job can you get away with such poor service? I know that in my job I sure as heck could not say, oh, well I will be there when I get there, have patience... It's a new job, client, route whatever... NO WAY would that fly! I can't think of any other jobs where we are expected to be patient THIS LONG! And Jenn, just for the record it is not a check I am waiting for, so your comment about direct deposit does not apply.. That is not why I am mad... I am waiting for custody papers, birth certificates and immigration papers so that I can bring a family member here, and finally also get child support! My uncle worked for the PO as a carrier for 30 years and even he is disgusted at the changes...

rhiley_08j
03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
As posted in a previous post you should have recieved a letter in the mail telling you a Number that you can call and the changes that were being done. Ya well why dont you go out rhileyj and deliever mail for a month I can guarantee you you will have a hard time. You Sit there and complain about it and I think that the mal carriers does not like being out there that late just as much as you don't like it.

I am not complaining. I could care less. I was just stating what time the mail came. As for doing it myself, I have done jobs similar. Sometimes there are circumstances that are beyond your control and you have to put up with the brunt of complaints. That's one of the drawbacks of having a job where you are the frontline of defense between the customer and the company.

I am sure that postal carriers would be happy to know that everyone has made such an issue out of defending them.

patbez
03-26-2008, 04:39 PM
futurechief88: My comment was not in reference to the mail coming late...because as I stated earlier in my comment, I could care less if my daily mail carrier bring my mail late. It a basic statement that the carriers get paid like every other job on the planet...& if someone isn't doing their job well, they're simply not doing it well. In this case, it has nothing to do with the actual carriers it seems...more to do with the changes Canada Post has implemented, therefore [as I said] I don't mind if my mail comes late.

However, I will & have complained about carriers & package deliverers. I filed one complaint about my old carrier, that dropped a package off at my door that was for a business down my street. I heard him leaving, went to check the mail, saw the package & then caught up with him next door...when I told him it was for the business down the street, he said he thought the owner of the business was my husband. Which is just...silly. Even if it WAS my husband, the address was clearly for the business up the street...anyway, it was simply ridiculous. Then, as stated, I have called & complained that the package deliverer hasn't been ringing my doorbell. I waited until the 4th time it happened to complain...I'm sorry if my complaint was the 4th on his record or what have you or a complaint of mine has cost someone their job...but that's seriously not my problem. People can't jump the gun & complain about every single little thing...but if they have a legitimate reason to complain, than they should...& if the postal worker loses his job for doing something he was simply given the wrong information about how he should do, that's [very sadly] not the fault of the person that complains.

FutureChief88
03-26-2008, 07:37 PM
No .. and i agree completely..

But i guess the point i was trying to make was that these complaints shold have been directed to the process at hand i guess. Not that its necessarily the "complainers" fault.. but the PO itself.

trinity
03-26-2008, 08:31 PM
I too wish they would not just leave packages in my porch- I live uptown and while my street is not exactly the "ghetto", there is a lot of foot traffic that is less than upstanding passing my door daily and my front porch does not lock. I frequently order stuff from Amazon and receive parcels in the mail for a survey company I test products for and every time they leave it sitting right out in the open for the world to see. Now that I work days plus a second job, I often don't get home til 8 pm nightly. I don't care if they ever knock to see if I am home, in fact that would be too much of waste of time IMHO, but if it won't fit in your mailbox they should not leave it. I'm more than happy to wander up to my local drugstore to pick it up, much better that than lose it.

patbez
03-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Who is to say they weren't trained properly? I mean...if we go to a store & a cashier does something kind of unintelligent, do we blame it on bad training or on the cashier's simple stupidity? We don't immediately think "ah, she wasn't trained properly" & just let it slide...I mean, sure, it would depend on the situation because there have been times when it's been apparent that someone wasn't trained very well. But there have been other times where I've witnessed someone just slacking & not doing their job properly. The problem is, with mail carriers or package deliverers we simply don't get to SEE how they're doing their job, so we have no clue if it's bad training or a problem with the actual carrier. I'm certainly not going to call up Canada Post & ask what their process is for delivering packages...because in all the years I've been getting packages, I KNOW what the process is...they ring the doorbell or knock & if you're not home they leave you a slip. It even has a box on the slip for them to check off that nobody was home & that's why they're leaving the slip. Therefore if they're not knocking or ringing the doorbell, they aren't following procedure...& they simply have to know what the procedure is, because they're ticking off that little box that says nobody was home...I mean, it's common sense on their part. When I call to complain, I don't complain about the companies process, nor do I complain about the carrier necessarily. I just state that I keep receiving slips with specific time stamps when I was indeed home & nobody knocked or rang the doorbell. They can do with that information what they will.

trinity: They are not at all supposed to leave packages in your porch, they are supposed to leave a slip. Either they aren't doing their job or were told it was okay to do so by whomever trained them. Yeah, if you're not home when they bring a package then of course you'd have to go pick it up...some people can't as easily go to pick them up though, so it's frustrating if they don't knock/ring the doorbell.

commkathy
03-27-2008, 05:44 AM
I only ever get bills so it doesn't matter to me what time they come. I don't see what the big deal is.

wookiee
03-27-2008, 08:28 AM
Some nice humour! have a great day all. Remember its mail......could be worse :)

Are You a Vet? Post Office Needs You (http://postaljokes.blogspot.com/2008/03/are-you-vet-post-office-needs-you.html)

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/peterz40/KisrtyTexas.jpg (http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/peterz40/KisrtyTexas.jpg)
A guy goes to the Post Office to interview for a job.
The interviewer asks him, "Are you a veteran?"
The guy says, "Why yes, in fact, I served two tours in Vietnam."
"Good," says the interviewer, "That counts in your favor. Do you have any service-related disabilities?"
The guy says, "In fact I am 100% disabled. During a battle, an explosion removed my private parts so they declared me disabled, it doesn't affect my ability to work, though."
"Sorry to hear about the damage, but I have some good news for you, I can hire you right now! Our working hours are 8 to 4. Come on in about 10, and we'll get you started."
The guy says, "If working hours are from 8 to 4, why do you want me to come at 10?"
"Well, here at the post office, we don't do anything but sit around and scratch our balls for the first two hours. Don't need you here for that!"

jennifer25ca2006
03-27-2008, 09:24 AM
I too wish they would not just leave packages in my porch- I live uptown and while my street is not exactly the "ghetto", there is a lot of foot traffic that is less than upstanding passing my door daily and my front porch does not lock. I frequently order stuff from Amazon and receive parcels in the mail for a survey company I test products for and every time they leave it sitting right out in the open for the world to see. Now that I work days plus a second job, I often don't get home til 8 pm nightly. I don't care if they ever knock to see if I am home, in fact that would be too much of waste of time IMHO, but if it won't fit in your mailbox they should not leave it. I'm more than happy to wander up to my local drugstore to pick it up, much better that than lose it.

Then if that is something that you want then ask to have a signature for it. Then it cannot be left there and it can be done with amazon cause I just did it. If you do not want parcels to be left in your porch then talk to the mail man/women or leave them a note telling them that. I am sure they will do what you ask within reason. Or just tell them to send it directly to the drug store that way there you have no reason to worry about it then.

FutureChief88
03-27-2008, 10:59 AM
Who is to say they weren't trained properly? I mean...if we go to a store & a cashier does something kind of unintelligent, do we blame it on bad training or on the cashier's simple stupidity? We don't immediately think "ah, she wasn't trained properly" & just let it slide...I mean, sure, it would depend on the situation because there have been times when it's been apparent that someone wasn't trained very well. But there have been other times where I've witnessed someone just slacking & not doing their job properly. The problem is, with mail carriers or package deliverers we simply don't get to SEE how they're doing their job, so we have no clue if it's bad training or a problem with the actual carrier. I'm certainly not going to call up Canada Post & ask what their process is for delivering packages...because in all the years I've been getting packages, I KNOW what the process is...they ring the doorbell or knock & if you're not home they leave you a slip. It even has a box on the slip for them to check off that nobody was home & that's why they're leaving the slip. Therefore if they're not knocking or ringing the doorbell, they aren't following procedure...& they simply have to know what the procedure is, because they're ticking off that little box that says nobody was home...I mean, it's common sense on their part. When I call to complain, I don't complain about the companies process, nor do I complain about the carrier necessarily. I just state that I keep receiving slips with specific time stamps when I was indeed home & nobody knocked or rang the doorbell. They can do with that information what they will.

trinity: They are not at all supposed to leave packages in your porch, they are supposed to leave a slip. Either they aren't doing their job or were told it was okay to do so by whomever trained them. Yeah, if you're not home when they bring a package then of course you'd have to go pick it up...some people can't as easily go to pick them up though, so it's frustrating if they don't knock/ring the doorbell.

And fair enough.. but i am TELLING you that my bf was NOT trained properly. When a person is supposed to have 80 hours of training and get 15.. its quite apparent.

I dont expect you to call and complain about theiur training.. but for those complaining about their mail being LATE.. call and complain about the po and their procrdures. Obviously everything was fine before the change.. so maybe its NOT the mail carriers themselves.

Patbez.. I dont know if you ever get things from UYPS or any of those places.. but i dont find them much better! In fact because of their stupidity.. my cell phone got ruined. They left a package that required a signature on my deck under a piece of wood and didnt leave a note telling me they had left it! So... it sat out there for 2 days!

I certainly understand your frustration!

patbez
03-27-2008, 11:31 AM
Yeah, USPS & other companies are not much better...& I've complained in those situations as well, hehe. I just think it's our right as a consumer to complain...whether that be about an individual or the companies procedures & policies. Sometimes it's hard for a consumer to figure out which is at fault, the company or the individual...& I guess we leave it to the company, hopefully to sort that part out.

stripekv
03-31-2008, 09:39 PM
i think you guys should be complaining about canada post and not the postal carriers themselves.

when a carreir wants to take a vacation they have to get ANOTHE carrier to cover their route for them. so in addition to their own route, the carrier also has to cover the vactioning carriers route too.

same thing happens when people are sick, they have to get another carrier to cover for them.

when this happens, of course your mail is going to be late.

but honestly, who really cares? as long as your mail arrives.

gt
03-31-2008, 11:48 PM
i agree with stripekv why complain about something so stupid??? oh well, to each their own, but if you spent all your time worrying and complaining about ever little thing than your life cant be too enjoyable, especially if everything ticks you off.

Crystalbeach
04-01-2008, 07:17 AM
I had a notice in my mail some time ago that the route was changing and that the mail would be delivered at a later time..it's almost supper time before we get it now..
c'est la vie.

babydoll101
04-01-2008, 08:12 AM
It changes everyday for us. Sometimes early afternoons all the way to after supper. It was hard at first because we always got our mail before 11:00 am before this change they did.

Cindy1831
04-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I understand the frustration and complaining...the only way to get the PO to change things are for customers to call and complain. Postal workers who express their own complaints about the way things are done are basically just pushed to the side...they don't seem to want to fix anything that the workers complain about until a customer calls in.

Also, the amount of mail that the letter carriers and rural routers have to sort and deliver varies from day to day. Mondays are always the busiest day of the week. And after a long weekend, it's even worse, so it would be hard for them to always deliver the mail at the same time everyday.