PDA

View Full Version : Wedding Shower Gift????

Coston07
03-20-2008, 02:33 PM
I have a wedding shower to go to and I have never been to one before. Looking for good gift ideas on a tight limited budget. Anyone give or receive something they really liked?

dittydottie
03-20-2008, 06:00 PM
A gift card from a grocery store,walmart,zellers??? An idea would be to get a $10.00 gift card and if you wanted to add more than go to dollarstore and get a theme idea.(eg. Cake pans,cookie sheets,measuring spoons,measuring cup,cake mix(baking idea),or dish cloths,dish towels,dish soap,sos pads,(dish stuff)or pail,cleaner,cleaning cloths,windex(cleaning theme)
Just a few ideas hope this helps.

JulieHebert
03-20-2008, 06:07 PM
Another idea is to get a basket at the dollar store and make up a basket for their honey moon(wine glasses,massage lotion, rose peddles and chocolate maybe a bottle of apple cider or wine and a cork screw then put the basket in a gift bag(I got one and it was great, also i have gave them as gifts and people really enjoy them

Deanie
03-20-2008, 07:00 PM
I saw a neat idea in a magazine....everyone is making those "diaper cakes" for baby showers lately and this particular ad showed a "towel cake" for a wedding shower. You take 4 bath towels and roll them up and tie with ribbon, that is the bottom layer of the "cake"; 4 hand towels rolled up with ribbon is the second layer, and 4 facecloths are the top layer. You can decorate with ribbon, flowers, etc. Very affordable and really nice!

beachnut
03-20-2008, 07:17 PM
find out if they are registered somewhere

Coston07
03-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks

wookiee
03-21-2008, 12:45 PM
How about getting them there divorce papers for down the road...everybody needs them now a days when the married..hee hee

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Just joking

FutureChief88
03-21-2008, 03:23 PM
Wouldnt that be funny tho ! LOL

Chinna Dah
03-22-2008, 09:36 AM
a couple questions. Are they living together now? or do they both have thier own places now? I lived on my own before I got married, and I had every thing I could have needed. I have been married for over 9 years now, and I still have in the box, and extra beater set, and an extra iron. I also had a linen shower and I still have 20 to 30 towels that are brand new/never used, they are in garbage bags in the closet.

a couple things I got that I loved was some tupperware bowls with lids, a sheet set for my bed, colorful glass mixing bowls, I also have a big red paderno colonder/strainer that I use all the time. Paderno has some really nice stuff, check them out.

R&T Interiors
03-22-2008, 10:18 AM
they are currently living together

dittydottie
03-22-2008, 10:30 AM
So a gift card from Sobeys or Superstore will be put to use.You can never have to much food,or even a gift card to their favorite restaurant(east side marios,meditterean,swiss chalet etc) when they may need a quiet evening out.

R&T Interiors
03-22-2008, 01:42 PM
How about getting them there divorce papers for down the road...everybody needs them now a days when the married..hee hee

http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/images/smilies/rofl%20smiley.gif http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/images/smilies/rofl%20smiley.gif http://isaintjohn.com/classifieds/images/smilies/rofl%20smiley.gif

LOL, not sure she would appriaciate it. Pretty funny tho :)

beachnut
03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
I am pretty sure most ppl getting married are registered somewhere, just ask them. !

JeffandChrissy
03-26-2008, 12:51 PM
House plants are a good idea. Most people like plants and they go with almost any decor. A small inexpensive plant can grow to be big and beautiful in no time and its not something they keep in a closet unopened for years to come :) !

LiLLY
03-28-2008, 08:45 AM
I agree with dittiedottie Gift cards are best if they already live together, chances are they don't really need anything for their house.