PDA

View Full Version : Filtering messages

Bill
01-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Is there anyway in the forums to filter messages to exclude posts by certain users?

For example in the items for sale can I filter in such a way as to NOT see messages posted by Mr. X

If not it would be a nice feature to add

Also have the powers that be every thought of adding ebay type auctions ?

Thanks
Bill

icedragon
01-21-2007, 04:51 AM
I'd like to see auctions

puppyluv
01-21-2007, 07:53 AM
Hi Bill,
you can add the person(s) to your ignore list. Just click on their name, go to their prorile and lcick on Add _____ to Your Ignore List Then you might see their name,. but cant read their posts...
Hope this has helped..

Bill
01-21-2007, 01:53 PM
Hi Bill,
you can add the person(s) to your ignore list. Just click on their name, go to their prorile and lcick on Add _____ to Your Ignore List Then you might see their name,. but cant read their posts...
Hope this has helped..

Thanks for the reply

However it does not work, at least not in the way I wanted it to....it may for for pm's or emails but not in the forumns.

Example: please note this is an example only I don't know this person, have never emailed or been in contact with this person and have nothing against this person in anyway, they simply had a bunch of posts today so it made the test easy.

I went to the ignore list, added godfather to my ignore list went back to the items for sale list, I would expect NOT to see any posts by godfather but they are still there.............

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Bill

puppyluv
01-21-2007, 01:55 PM
you will still see the name there..it will not remove that

Bill
01-21-2007, 04:48 PM
you will still see the name there..it will not remove that

To Bad,

Thats what I was looking for, I just wanted to exclude the 1/2 or more of the business ads (basement business and buyer sellars included) that seem to take up most of the space, those excluded there would likley be only 5 or 10 real messages a day.

Thanks
Bill