PDA

View Full Version : Prices????

je12122
12-06-2006, 12:50 AM
I don't know if I am the only one that has noticed this, but lately a lot of people aren't putting prices down on their ads and it's driving me nuts. I hate sending a pm to find out how much an item is and then wait and wait for a respond and then have to send another PM if I want the darn thing. It's a classified site can you please provide a price or a price with best offer with the item description? ( And I am not talking about ones that have best offer, those don't bother me, it's things like for example 'Barbie house for sale" and nothing after it. )

Thank you.

Je12122

V6Nside
12-06-2006, 07:17 AM
I totally agree with you on this.
This is the type of add I love to see:
"Items for sale"
"I have some stuff I would like to get rid of ASAP. Best offer, may be able to deliver...."
LOL

hiph0p
12-06-2006, 07:24 AM
what i hate is when you go borrow a friends truck and the idiot knows that and sells the thing you were going to buy and tells you 10 minutes before you go to get it .. no names and ALSO... when you go to someones house to look at somethng and they say "oh call when your outside or almost here" and i do and she turns her cell off and doesnt answer her door ... this site is so shady (i mean most of the people on it !!)

moniblue
12-06-2006, 08:19 AM
I get a kick out of the ads that say "asking $25, but will take $20." Why bother asking for $25? I doubt you're going to get it now that you've just told us you'd accept a lower price.

kb
12-06-2006, 09:03 AM
"this site is so shady" it's not the site it is some of the posters or scamers buyer beware

hiph0p
12-06-2006, 09:06 AM
whatever thats what i meant !!

kb
12-06-2006, 12:53 PM
geeezzz now MOST of the people on it are shady lol i think you probably mean you have run into a few . not most .

SGirard
12-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Since were all complaining....I hate it when people post "Items For Sale" or "Misc"..The rules to be descrptive in your title. I don't even look if they say that. It's a waste of everyones time.

hiph0p
12-06-2006, 03:48 PM
i've run into a LOT

kaj27
12-07-2006, 12:44 PM
I really enjoy the Automotive Forum. People selling their 12 year old cars for $3000. What a hoot!

On the old system I think someone was selling a 92 Civic with 360K for $6,000. LOL Get over yourself!

trinity
12-07-2006, 01:15 PM
The price is the price I guess, some people are willing to pay more... like someday I would love to have an '84 parisienne again- that was the car I loved. I have a car right now and wouldn't dream of buying this car living in the city, but someday when I win the lottery and someone has a two tone brown one for sale, I don't know what price they would have to put on it to make me say no, but it would be way way over the book price.
I do know what you mean about lack of description-there is a house up the street from me that has had an 'apartment for rent' sign in the window for months now, I bet if they actually put the size and rent $$ on the sign, more people would call. No one wants to waste their time calling to find out that the place is too small or too pricey for them, they just won't even bother.

diggitydank
12-07-2006, 09:14 PM
I'm a casual browser here @ iSJ', I've bought a couple of things and sold a few. I've always found people to be straight up..got some deals gave some deals. Merry Christmas all..

user5624
12-07-2006, 11:01 PM
How about when somebody makes an offer that you don't accept, and they then use ignorant pushy comments? That happened a while back but it still annoys me when I think about it.

The people I've bought from and sold to on here so far have been nice. (That I remember... ) but I mostly browse on here.

And oh yea, people that try to rip other people off (They must feel really good about themselves)

Ice97
12-08-2006, 09:00 AM
I really enjoy the Automotive Forum. People selling their 12 year old cars for $3000. What a hoot!

On the old system I think someone was selling a 92 Civic with 360K for $6,000. LOL Get over yourself!

It's Not Rust.....It's Antiqued!

notfarnow
12-08-2006, 11:09 AM

You'd be surprised. Some cars really hold their value. My main car is an 11 year old Jetta Diesel. If I put it for sale for $4500, I'd have it sold in a week, even with 350k.

Hondas & Toyotas hold their value really well, as long as they have been well maintained they aren't too rusty. A 10 year old Honda civic or Toyota corrola is EXCELLENT value @ $3000-$4500. Buy one carefully, and there just isn't better value out there.

I always find it interesting to compare the prices on 10 yr old domestic vs import. You just don't see 10yr old Cavaliers & neons fetching 3k... they just don't hold up as well. Not saying ALL of them are bad, but show me 20 10yr old Corrolas and 20 10yr old Neons and you'll see what I mean.

JTwestside
12-14-2006, 01:35 AM
Holy, it seems like this issue is getting worse and worse about prices. I don't know how many posts I have read in the past two days that when you click on the item for sale there is no price. You know I don't even bother responding to ads that have no price on them, I just can't stand it. And then you read where like 10 people have asked about the price and the person posts 'answered back' well if you answered why can't you just put a price or a price with and or best offer? I can't stand it. I know even if there is something I really want I won't respond just because I dont' feel like wasting my time asking for a price if half the time I don't get a response anyway. It's so annoying.

moniblue
12-14-2006, 07:36 AM
I know even if there is something I really want I won't respond just because I dont' feel like wasting my time asking for a price if half the time I don't get a response anyway. It's so annoying.

I agree. I've pm'd people with offers with no reply back from them. I can only assume they didn't accept it, but why not reply back? If someone doesn't reply to me, I'm not going to push it. They obviously don't want to sell it that bad.

kaj27
12-14-2006, 11:16 AM
You'd be surprised. Some cars really hold their value. My main car is an 11 year old Jetta Diesel. If I put it for sale for $4500, I'd have it sold in a week, even with 350k.

Hondas & Toyotas hold their value really well, as long as they have been well maintained they aren't too rusty. A 10 year old Honda civic or Toyota corrola is EXCELLENT value @ $3000-$4500. Buy one carefully, and there just isn't better value out there.

I always find it interesting to compare the prices on 10 yr old domestic vs import. You just don't see 10yr old Cavaliers & neons fetching 3k... they just don't hold up as well. Not saying ALL of them are bad, but show me 20 10yr old Corrolas and 20 10yr old Neons and you'll see what I mean.

Funny cause I seen about 3 Jettas in the Past 6 months sell for $500 or $1000. I think one was a 96 and the others were 95s.

There is a difference in thinking that a car is worth 3k and showing that it is. Take a look at cars for sale in Ontario or Quebec you'll see a world of difference in values. People just think they are worth more here. God knows why.

There is a difference in holding value and thinking it has value. A 10 year old honda or toyota is not worth 3-4k. I can get a 200x for 8-10k

6sixstring6
12-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Never mind people who won't respond to your pm with a price. I pm'd somebody that was looking for something and said I had it and they could have it for free. All they had to do was call me. I've been waiting 3 days for the call now.

notfarnow
12-14-2006, 12:02 PM
Funny cause I seen about 3 Jettas in the Past 6 months sell for $500 or $1000. I think one was a 96 and the others were 95s.

Sure, I have too. But they are worn out cars. If you re-read my post, I'm talking about well maintained, rust free cars.

10 yr old well maintained, rust free Toyota, Honda or VW = ~3k
10 yr old well maintained, rust free GM, Ford or chrysler = ~1-2k

As for my car in particular, it is a diesel, and diesels fetch more. Diesels in condition like mine fetch more still, even with high miles.

There is a difference in holding value and thinking it has value.

Agree 100%

A 10 year old honda or toyota is not worth 3-4k. I can get a 200x for 8-10k
See above. A well maintained, rust free Toyota or Honda is easily worth 3-4k. I'm not talking about the average car, I'm talking about cars with maintenance records and rust check. But there are LOTS of those out there, and they are worth the $$. Tremendous value.