PDA

View Full Version : written driver's test

beachnut
03-07-2008, 10:35 AM
what happens if you fail it. do you have to pay to do it again? and if you do pass and get your permit how much do you have to pay?

kaj27
03-07-2008, 10:37 AM
You're not paying for the test, but the license. It's around $80 give or take. You must have a picture now.

If you fail you can return in a week? Or so.

fergiak
03-07-2008, 05:39 PM
My daughter just went through this, she failed the first time, went back the very next day and passed.. she had only missed the first test by 1 question, maybe that is why she could go back the next day.

her permit was right around $80

jennifer25ca2006
03-07-2008, 05:49 PM
You only have to pay when you pass the test. If you do not pass then you go back in about a week or so usually. It is 84$ I think that is what it was a year ago anyways.

bradorna
03-12-2008, 12:11 AM
My daughter just went through this, she failed the first time, went back the very next day and passed.. she had only missed the first test by 1 question, maybe that is why she could go back the next day.

her permit was right around $80

This is kind of different because someone I accompanied to the test had two wrong but passed. maybe it could be an age factor because this person is middle aged and has been driving but has just moved to Canada and had to do the written and driving test again (the same as a beginner would), just to be able to have a canadian drivers license. And I do have to say I am glad I did this many years ago, because those tests are bloody crazy now and I know I would have failed it.

FutureChief88
03-12-2008, 07:07 AM
I know I would have failed it.

Well then you probably shouldnt be driving. Lol

I did my test about 5 years ago.. and i failed 2 questions.. and i passed the test as well.

Maybe he means she had 1 too many wrong?

stripekv
03-12-2008, 05:26 PM
This is kind of different because someone I accompanied to the test had two wrong but passed. maybe it could be an age factor because this person is middle aged and has been driving but has just moved to Canada and had to do the written and driving test again (the same as a beginner would), just to be able to have a canadian drivers license. And I do have to say I am glad I did this many years ago, because those tests are bloody crazy now and I know I would have failed it.

the tests are a joke..i didnt get any wrong on either portion of the written test.

you need atleast a 16/20 on both parts to obtain your permit.

mizunderstood
03-12-2008, 06:19 PM
It all depends on WHAT questions you answer wrong... If it is on the signs, laws, etc then yes you can fail.... If it is questions like stopping distance, blinker usage etc, they usually let that slid a little more....
As far as paying for the test, you only pay for the written test AFTER you pass the test... IF you fail the first time, you don't pay, you can come back in a week and re write, second time it is 2 weeks, and so on... You only ever pay once though for it. That 88.00 covers the test, the road test and the actual drivers license...

secretagent101
03-13-2008, 02:23 AM
Cost- is like $88.50 and that was just of june 2007.
Yeah as far as failing you cant get some of the signs wrong, like if you were to get the sign stop wrong then obviously you shouldnt even be there in the first place. The most obvious signs you can not get wrong.

beachnut
03-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Thanks everyone :)