PDA

View Full Version : feed baby

ChelorSean
01-19-2007, 02:02 PM
just wondering how many of you have young babies and can remember when you feed them?i have a 4 1/2 month old boy and i have put him on cereal and yes i know they say to start them at 6 months now but he is a boy and my second and milk wasn't enough for him.....anyways he is getting cereal once in the morning and once at night now when do i start veggies?if anyone can help it would be appreciated

Cherry Pop
01-19-2007, 02:14 PM
I started my daughter on cereal at 3 months - my dr recommended it as formula was not enough. I believe I waited a month later to start her on veggies to make sure she wasn't allergic to cereal.

ChelorSean
01-19-2007, 02:20 PM
ok thanks he has been on it for a little over a week now and i just started the night one cause he would cry and cry and something just told me to try and now he eats then takes his bottle... so much happier but now he is starting to want it all the time....grrr i hate this stage trying to figure everything out right for them.....i have already done it once but he is now 3....i guess i'll just go with

magoosmomma
01-19-2007, 02:20 PM
once you know he can tolerate the cereal( I waited a month also) introduce veggies ..I think its suppose to be every 3-5 days..I waited a week before introducing anything new just to make sure there are no allergies
HTH

moniblue
01-19-2007, 02:48 PM
just wondering how many of you have young babies and can remember when you feed them?i have a 4 1/2 month old boy and i have put him on cereal and yes i know they say to start them at 6 months now but he is a boy and my second and milk wasn't enough for him.....anyways he is getting cereal once in the morning and once at night now when do i start veggies?if anyone can help it would be appreciated

My daughter is now 8 months old. I still breastfeed her and I started her on cereal at 4 months as my milk wasn't enough for her. I started her on veggies at 6 months and fruit after she went through all the veggies. I didn't want her to get used to the sweetness of the fruit and then turn her nose at the veggies. Before I started veggies she was eating cereal 3 times/day plus breastfeeding. She still eats cereal 3 times/day plus I give her fruit with her cereal in the morning and evening and as a snack in the afternoon. She gets veggies with her cereal at lunch and supper. She's a long and lean little girl and the doctor says she's doing well and gaining the appropriate amount of weight. I was concerned she was eating too much, but in the end realized all babies are different.

mickeymouse
01-19-2007, 02:54 PM
My son, is going to be 6 months old on Monday, has been on vegetables and fruit and cereal scense he was 4 months. And now he is also on Apple juice(I put 1/2 water, 1/2 juice). It depends on the child. They recommend when giving a new food, you wait 3 days till you ive another, so if they have an allergic reaction to one, you know which one it is.
As of right now my son has cereal and a bottle of formula in the morning, vegetable, fruit and juice at lunch and supper, and then the cereal and bottle of cereal before bed. He's been on that shedule scense 4.5 months except for the apple juice, I gave him another bottle of formula around 3pm. But like I said every child is different. Hope this helps you out some, know it can be difficult to figure out a shedule that works,but once you do, try to stay with it. Another thing my son use to like to drink was water. Sometimes when he got fussy I would give him that and he was alot happier after that.

babydoll101
01-19-2007, 02:58 PM
My doctor said that 5 months is a good age to start them on the veggies then fruit. My daughter was slow but she has had health problems all of her life. She is 17 months now. She didn't start until 7 months. She always wanted the bottle more and she would gag with anything else. I guess if your baby is ready and can eat well with a spoon and swallow it then you will know.

magoosmomma
01-19-2007, 03:31 PM
I was late with My youngest as well..he was premature and he to be fed according to his gestational age..