PDA

View Full Version : Noise

tryshc
01-19-2007, 12:44 PM
just a general question this time..nothing heavy...did anyone's children receive a "noisy toy" from a friend, family membr, or that great big guy in red? Well i was crazy enough to get my girls a rock tumbler for christmas...it goes for DAYS to polish these rocks...and it is so not the proper toy for a small apartment with a parent who works nights and sleeps days..lol. But...my girls love it...so...we have built it a box...that's right a box...it sits over top of the machine...and it is lined with thick rags courtesy of my mom...to help keep the noise down...lol...next...what to do with that darn perfection game...lol

The_Dave
01-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Noisey toys are given to kids from Grandparents and friends as payback. Enjoy while you can because it is a vicious circle and you will do it oneday.

oldnugly
01-23-2007, 05:26 AM
just a note
most electrical appliances need ventilation.
ya gotta play it safe around yada yada yada
your pal lewis the lightning bug

tryshc
01-24-2007, 06:57 AM
we don't run it all the time, or leave it alone running. I just can't handle the noise when we are home...it does get on your nerves. lol. it is for a bigger place that's for sure...the box around it s a large box too..not close to the machine...and like i said...it only runs when hubby is home or i'm home and awake. the only time the "house" is on it is when we are trying to watch a movie or if we have company....omg the noise...lol

magoosmomma
01-24-2007, 07:17 AM
ohhh yes multiple noisy toys here....I keep saying pay back people...

~SweetDiva~
01-26-2007, 08:52 AM
Hey that's to funny!!
Can't wait to come over and see this new *TOY*
LMAO.....
Talk to you later girl....

MissMem
01-26-2007, 10:23 AM
I remember when Furbys first came out in the 1990s and my little sister had received one as a birthday present cuz thats what she really wanted. Her birthday is in February and we went to Halifax to visit relatives in march. Well my sister was one of those kids that never stopped talking or asking questions, and now she had this furby that never stopped talking either. By the third day it went missing and she was really upset and my parents promised that they'd find it before we left for home. Well later that day we were allowed to have ice cream for a treat so we went to the freezer with my aunt and sure enough the Furby was in the freezer. It turned out my uncle had enough of the furbys chattering since neither my sister or the furby ever shut up and had threw it in the freezer so he wouldn't have to listen to it.

Goin4Coffee
01-26-2007, 10:40 AM
Hey now thats a original idea.
Good thing people were keeping an eye on your lil' sis:rofl::( j/k

space
01-26-2007, 10:45 AM
oops

marriedchickie
01-29-2007, 11:05 AM
My daughter had a Furby when they first came out AND a tickle me Elmo. I thought I was going to go crazy. lmao. Soon, although not soon enough, we "ran" out of batteries. She still chattered away to them both. I think she may have been 2 at the time. But, my mother, in her wisdom, gave us new batteries, and not to me, to my daughter. sigh...I glared daggers at her while installing them, and she laughed and laughed. :rofl: