PDA

View Full Version : I just can't believe the price

Chinna Dah
12-05-2006, 09:24 PM
I went into a certain Herbal store to have a consult to see what it would cost to be on thier program to lose weight....well I walked out of there thinking NOT A CHANCE. for the first year it was going to cost a bit more than 4500.00. and for the first week or 2 I would have had to go to the store daily for a weigh in and to get certain pills (they dont give them to you to take home), then after the first couple weeks, I would have to have gone in 3 times a week, every week for 50 weeks.

I was just in awww

care78
12-05-2006, 09:26 PM
i know some places over charge big time!
even the gyms, i wish i could find an inexpensive way to lose my baby pounds lol!

3 in a tree
12-05-2006, 10:27 PM
I started LA weight loss on 1/09/2006 and have lost 10 Lbs--not much but it was easy. I was never hungry and I get support when I go in. Is it expensive? Yeah but to walk in and people know not just your name but your goals and your hopes is well worth it. My person there did not even recommand pills or anything in the beginning because she wanted me to know that I could do it on my own. I would recommand it!!!! and I have tried several other options. Good luck!

care78
12-05-2006, 10:29 PM
I started LA weight loss on 1/09/2006 and have lost 10 Lbs--not much but it was easy. I was never hungry and I get support when I go in. Is it expensive? Yeah but to walk in and people know not just your name but your goals and your hopes is well worth it. My person there did not even recommand pills or anything in the beginning because she wanted me to know that I could do it on my own. I would recommand it!!!! and I have tried several other options. Good luck!
roughly say on a monthly basis what would a person be looking at price wise? i have heard good things about this place also... and im really getting sick of the soup diet! lol:confused:

hiph0p
12-05-2006, 11:22 PM
with my 1st baby i was 135 before and gained a lil over 100lbs and lost 80 of it and got pregnant again and now... i cant lose it at all i didnt do anything to lose it the 1st time it just fell off and now nothings working i was thinking about l a weght lost but ppl said it was like 400 a week and im like nooo wayy wat do you pay??

3 in a tree
12-06-2006, 06:57 AM
They have a really good payment plan. now dont quote me to the penny but its like 230 ish down and then 150 ish for 4 months...but you are with them for a year. So yes you do pay in the beginning but its like getting 8 months for free. Like I said earlier I enjoy it and it works for me. I have never had such support and success.

hiph0p
12-06-2006, 07:01 AM
dont you have to buy their food too or something?

arielle
12-06-2006, 12:59 PM
Just a little info.... you can buy these protein bars (called LA Lites) which are a soy based product that help in losing inches not only pounds. they a sweet treat that help get over the cravings as well but i know people on the plan who are not doing the bars and seem to be doing fine also. the bars can get expensive $25 a box for 7 bars and you should have 2 a day however you can bulk them buy alot at once and get them for as little as $12 a box.

k1
12-06-2006, 04:23 PM
why dont all y9u women join the female boxing classes its only 40 dollars amonth non contact and one of the fastest wasys to lose weight. if you need information pm me

karen
12-19-2006, 01:46 PM
k1, that's the same line of thinking as me. It took me forever to lose my baby weight from my first child but joined taekwondo and I got in shape, started watching what I ate, and yes I still had pop and chips and started losing alot of weight and slimming down. After my second baby, I went back after 4 months and once I started putting 100% into it again, there was a noticable weight loss AND I usually come home and have a steak with peppers after a hard class (protein heals your muscles). You not only need to watch what you eat, but you need to exercise as well if you want to lose weight and keep it off.
Good luck to all :)

Mandi
12-19-2006, 04:16 PM
k1, that's the same line of thinking as me. It took me forever to lose my baby weight from my first child but joined taekwondo and I got in shape, started watching what I ate, and yes I still had pop and chips and started losing alot of weight and slimming down. After my second baby, I went back after 4 months and once I started putting 100% into it again, there was a noticable weight loss AND I usually come home and have a steak with peppers after a hard class (protein heals your muscles). You not only need to watch what you eat, but you need to exercise as well if you want to lose weight and keep it off.
Good luck to all :)

By a noticible amount do you mean like 5 lbs? Or would something like that really help if you had a lot to lose, like 30 + i'm pregnant with my second baby, and didn't lose the weight after the first one, so I'm a little nervous with what excercise program I'm going to do after I birth this one. Because I definately want to be back in shape.

nbs
12-20-2006, 08:50 AM
I used to weigh 286lbs this past March. I was on the Weight Watcher's Flex plan until I hit the wall at 260lbs. No matter what I did - workout 3 times a week, watched what I eat, I couldn't lose anymore weight. I was introduced to a weight management product that helped me bust through my plateau. I went from a 44 waist to a 38 waist in the span of 4 months.

I've told a number of friends who are now trying it out and they've been losing anywhere from 2-3lbs a week.

There's a woman in Fredericton who runs Food for Life and loves this product.

I think we can all agree that losing weight is a lifestyle change and you have to make that conscious decision to become healthier. I know I had to lose the pounds when my 3 year old was wearing me out running around the house and on the soccer field. Not anymore!!! LOL

If you don't want to spend a small fortune paying for food and consulting fees, PM me for more information.

In the meantime, visit this website for product info.

http://www.geldocs.com/fit.php

zoesmom
12-22-2006, 02:30 PM
I went into a certain Herbal store to have a consult to see what it would cost to be on thier program to lose weight....well I walked out of there thinking NOT A CHANCE. for the first year it was going to cost a bit more than 4500.00. and for the first week or 2 I would have had to go to the store daily for a weigh in and to get certain pills (they dont give them to you to take home), then after the first couple weeks, I would have to have gone in 3 times a week, every week for 50 weeks.

I was just in awww

I know... and it's the suckers that pay it that gets me. It's all about eating right, and even moderate exercise... if you can't do that to begin with then the program is useless as well.

But people are making millions off of the "desperate" .. look at Mr Nazi Diet :)

Bay
12-25-2006, 03:25 PM
i started having fresh fruit for breakfast every day - according to a book i read 7 years ago- walked for 30 minutes every day, lost 125 lbs, never gained weight after that. No pills, no gyms, no extra money, just common sense. And yes, you can do that as well.

dan j
12-27-2006, 07:12 PM
$4500 isn't a big cost if you consider the cost of being overweight over the long run. Given that, there are cheaper ways to go though.

I shouldn't talk, *looks down at beer gut*.

richunclepennywise
12-27-2006, 07:17 PM
My wife has lost 92lbs following weight watchers....she doesn't go to the meetings or pay for a thing. Her cousin gave her a copy of the program. It's simple and it works.

Following the Canada Food Guide would probably work also, and I believe you can get that online.

Good Luck

lissa
12-27-2006, 08:59 PM

But people are making millions off of the "desperate" .. look at Mr Nazi Diet :)

Just curious- what are you referring to?

The_Dave
12-28-2006, 09:29 AM
All of those weight lose programs do not work, they are just out for your money. It is a BILLION dollar industry. K1 has the right idea, but eating sensible along with the regular exercise is the only true way to lose weight and keep fit. Good Luck to all

Lemme_LQQK
12-29-2006, 09:19 AM
It's not what you eat so much as "how much" ...lol and I have seen it mentioned here several times , the key word is "exercise" be it going out to do something around the yard , or around the house ect. but if we could resist eating large portions or that second helping or have a nap after a meal , the weight problem wouldn't be such an issue.
I am guilty of doing these things. So it all comes down to self control.

Think about the days of our great grandparents and grandparents, they ate big hearty and most times greasy meals, BUT they needed it to endure the hard work they did from sun up to sun down and they managed to keep the weight down , in fact they became muscled up , so there ,exercise comes into play again.

I for one cannot see me paying someone to tell me something I already know ....lol I guess peeps that walk in those doors to health clubs look like $ signs to the owners and trainers.....lol

chilkootmom
01-05-2007, 09:04 AM
I started LA weight loss on 1/09/2006 and have lost 10 Lbs--not much but it was easy.

10lbs in a year? That seems so little....did you follow the diet all year? How much did you have to lose? That could make a huge difference. If

chilkootmom
01-05-2007, 09:15 AM
Just curious- what are you referring to?

She is referring to the Simply For Life diet...and it WORKS! If you have the want for a healthy body and a great figure...no matter what...it works. But you have to want to do it...its tough. I lost 55lbs with a similar diet and and MANY of my friends have lost with Bruce's diets...Simple...it works. It is a LITTLE costly but not like before mentioned ones...I dont want to quote prices in case they have changed but....for real...there is only one way to lose the weight and that is by eating right and excercising...The SFL crew give meal plans with options and teach you about how to lose and why the meal plans work. I have also heard that the diets are much easier now than they used to be. He also provides AWESOME recipes and stuff...even has his own options in many of our popular restaurants in Saint John and Quispamsis, like Vito's and stuff. Anyway..just my 2 cents and I have tried a LOT of diets..lol...

Chilkootmom

chilkootmom
01-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Geez...I feel like I should start an ad..lol...sorry for the speal...lol

Chilkootmom

girdy
01-05-2007, 09:50 AM
I'd suggest looking around online for a calorie counting spreadsheet, you then track what you eat (and quantity) for a few days. That'll let you know if you're consuming more calories than you should, and you can adjust if you need to.

Second, purchase some home exercise equipment, like an exercise bike. Canadian Tire has a bike in this weeks flyer (starts tomorrow) for $99. Super Center has one for $129 that also has a heartrate monitor. Both give an approximation on how many calories you burn in the workout. Even if you have small kids to look after, you can always get up 30 minutes earlier or exercise after they're in bed - no babysitters, no driving, no bad weather excuse. Instead of sitting and watching TV, peddle the bike in front of the tv.

Eat more calories than you burn you gain weight, eat fewer than you burn you lose weight. It takes some science and discipline to do the latter.

Good luck!

chilkootmom
01-05-2007, 10:37 AM
10lbs in a year? That seems so little....did you follow the diet all year? How much did you have to lose? That could make a huge difference. If

Sorry...I had more dieting opinions on the next page...seems when I posted this by accident..lol...After I started to respond to this I noticed that I didnt have enough information to do so...and tried to back out of this particular response and it ended up posted anyway. :(

Anyway...10lbs in a year...not knowing what you had to lose or what you were paying to do it I cant really say if it would be worth it to me...but sounds like it was worth it to you...Congrats on your loss regardless!

Linda

3 in a tree
01-05-2007, 07:53 PM
No problem linda, but the date was suppose to be 11/09/2006. Its now been 8 weeks and I am down 17 lbs 9from size 22 to a 16)and you know what I feel great. I am not ready for excersise yet maybe some day but not now. LA weight loss works for me.

Mandi
01-06-2007, 10:13 AM
No problem linda, but the date was suppose to be 11/09/2006. Its now been 8 weeks and I am down 17 lbs 9from size 22 to a 16)and you know what I feel great. I am not ready for excersise yet maybe some day but not now. LA weight loss works for me.

From a 22 to a 16?! Wow~! On LA weight loss? how do you get into that. I am going to look into it for after I give birth. I need to lose some weight -heh-
Do you ever feel hungry on their meal plans? And is the food stomachable? lol, sorry so many questions, but wow.... that's impressive, Congratulations!

icedragon
01-06-2007, 11:01 AM
My body and my fat are really close friends. I like it that way.

3 in a tree
01-06-2007, 12:13 PM
From a 22 to a 16?! Wow~! On LA weight loss? how do you get into that. I am going to look into it for after I give birth. I need to lose some weight -heh-
Do you ever feel hungry on their meal plans? And is the food stomachable? lol, sorry so many questions, but wow.... that's impressive, Congratulations!

i never feel hungry, if anything I eat more now then I've ever had. You eat your own food they just tell you how many of each food groups you need. The groceries are expensive for me cause it cost so much to buy healthy food. you do have the option to buy supplements if you want, but all in all its your food. Like i said it works for me. I can give anyone interested a coupon to get $50 off the price of the program. Just email me at jogaco@nb.sympatico.ca

luvinlife
01-06-2007, 02:14 PM
'Tis the season for weight loss....

I completely agree that the only healthy way to lose weight is by eating right, in the right amounts, and exercising. You have to change your lifestyle forever, not just until you get the weight off. I think an even more important factor in KEEPING IT OFF is understanding your bad eating habits and why you eat, what you eat, when you eat it. Everyone knows about healthy eating and exercise, and numerous people go to various weight loss places and lose lots of weight, only to gain it back 12-18 months later. If someone gives you a menu and you eat exactly what's on it, and do some moderate exercise (or not, depending on how restrictive the calories are) you will lose weight. But if you haven't figured out WHY you ate the way you did before, you most likely will go back to those habits eventually.

ALOT of people eat for emotional reasons. Look at all the people who have gastric bypass and then really struggle emotionally with the fact that they can't eat like before the surgery. They MISS eating, not from hunger but from emotion. So many people use food to celebrate, to compensate, to punish, to soothe, the list is endless. This is partly due to our society and the messages we receive in media and growing up. If you don't figure out the emotional attachments to your eating and get past it, you will miss the food, you'll want the food and it will always be a struggle to keep weight off.

In the last 10+ years, I've lost weight and gained, and lost again many times. I went to Weight Watchers (great program if you have the time & money, so educational, healthy and touches on emotional eating ), I went to SFL (lost weight, paid alot of money, but learned nothing long-term). Then I bought a book, "Simply Woman" by Crystal Andrus, and this book changed my life. I lost weight, learned so much about food and my body, and became a better person inside and out. It was $30 and lots of determination and sweat, and sometimes tears, and it was well worth it. It's geared for women and just a wonderful program in my opinion.

BUT the bottom line is still that you have to really WANT it to put in the work though.

Good luck everyone.

Mandi
01-06-2007, 04:02 PM
Then I bought a book, "Simply Woman" by Crystal Andrus, and this book changed my life. I lost weight, learned so much about food and my body, and became a better person inside and out. It was $30 and lots of determination and sweat, and sometimes tears, and it was well worth it. It's geared for women and just a wonderful program in my opinion.

Good luck everyone.
Does that book have things like grocery lists in it and meal plans? that's my worse problem I think I never plan ahead, and then I get busy and forget to make things I should, so I go for convenient foods instead.

chilkootmom
01-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Me and my friends started a little Biggest Loser thing of our own for some incentive..lol...I think that your weight loss is GREAT...congrats 3in a tree!

Mandi
01-06-2007, 04:48 PM
I lost 50 lbs between April and September, without changing anything in my lifestyle except not being on birth control, and then I found out I was pregnant, so stopped losing. But I have some more weight that I would like to lose, and want a managable 'life' plan, rather than a diet plan. Is LA weightloss something that you could do for the rest of your life?

luvinlife
01-06-2007, 05:25 PM
The Simply Woman book gives lists of what she calls "Red", "Yellow" and "Green" Light Foods and fully explains how many calories you need and what proportion of each type of food you need your calories from, etc based on your current weight and your goals, exercise level, etc. Like I said, it is very educational so that you can maintain this lifestyle forever. You can eat anything you want from day to day as long as it fits within your goals and limits. That's what I liked about it. She does give an example of a typical day and some recipes in the back. However, there is a website with a message board that supports the program and it is awesome for people to ask questions to and get advice & ideas from.

SFL gave me exactly what I had to eat (with a few choices) every day/week. I THOUGHT this would great at the time, but soon grew tired of it and wasn't learning how to manage and figure things out for myself. I was not in control of my eating, he was. So when I left there, I was lost. I find the Simply Woman food program is kind of similar to SFL but it lets you figure it out daily so that you learn and can do it forever.

chilkootmom
01-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Did you do the SFL diet recently...cause things have changed a lot...Sounds like your Simply Woman diet is a lot like the GI thing. With the stop, caution, go thing...Any diet really will work as long as you stick with it.

Mandi...I know what you mean about the BC thing. Hormones have a LOT to do with weight loss. I gained 40 when I was on them. Grrr...what a girls gotta do..lol

Linda

luvinlife
01-07-2007, 09:23 AM
Yes, it's been awhile since I did the SFL program. 3 years maybe...

You're absolutey right, any diet will work if you really stick with it.

Chinna Dah
01-07-2007, 09:40 AM
A friend of mine lost 112 pounds with SFL. she has since stopped ( about a year ago) and has gained back 70 pounds. When she was on it, it was great, BUT when she stopped the "diet" and started eating her own meals again, it was not easy. then of coarse she started eating icecream, and a bunch of crap. and well you know how the story goes.

Any diet is good, but you have to change for life, not justa year. Easier said then down

Cartersmom
01-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Almost everyone at my work was on SFL at the same time (Bruce worked with us) and with the exception of one person, everyone I know gained all the weight back. They were starving to death..and the choices were very very few on thier plans. I never participated myself because from looking at other's meal plans I knew it was way too restrictive for me.
Just my 2 cents..I agree on almost anything you can lose if you stick to it (except low-fat high-carb if you're carb sensitive..I followed that one to a T for 2 months and gained a pound..lol)

L16
01-07-2007, 01:52 PM
It is definitely a life long struggle for sure. I don't think there are any miracle fixes. I have been so many sizes over the years from a 5 to an 18. I have come to the conclusion that "dieting" does not work and that when a person decides to "diet" we become obsessed with what we can eat, when we can eat it, when we can treat ourselves and so on.

Weight loss and being healthy is all about balance and like it or not, exercise has to be a part of your routine, whether it be 3 days a week or 6 days a week. About 8 years ago I lost about 60 lbs, but was running about 5 miles a day (5 days a week)..not realistic in the LONG run. I ended up gaining slowly over the years following, got pregnant with my second and there I was again. About two years ago now I started to lose weight fairly well by just not eating after supper at all. I started walking and then eventually this lead up to running 3 days a week. It was not a huge amount and was not a chore for the most part. I ended up losing about 45 lbs and have kept it off (except over this past two weeks of Xmas...I know I gained about 10)

I Have been slack about running this winter...so I definitely feel it, but am starting again...since the weather has been cooperating. A small amount of exercise is better than nothing, starting slow and realistically is the key. I pretty much eat what I want (LOVE chocolate and Pasta...never would give up carbs!!!!) The mindset that it will take time is key.

Good luck to all of you!!!! Finding the balance is the key...and BTW the ladies Boxing classes work like a charm!!!!

lissa
01-10-2007, 05:32 PM
She is referring to the Simply For Life diet...and it WORKS! If you have the want for a healthy body and a great figure...no matter what...it works. But you have to want to do it...its tough. I lost 55lbs with a similar diet and and MANY of my friends have lost with Bruce's diets...Simple...it works. It is a LITTLE costly but not like before mentioned ones...I dont want to quote prices in case they have changed but....for real...there is only one way to lose the weight and that is by eating right and excercising...The SFL crew give meal plans with options and teach you about how to lose and why the meal plans work. I have also heard that the diets are much easier now than they used to be. He also provides AWESOME recipes and stuff...even has his own options in many of our popular restaurants in Saint John and Quispamsis, like Vito's and stuff. Anyway..just my 2 cents and I have tried a LOT of diets..lol...

Chilkootmom

I figured as much- I go there as well and they have given me some amazing training programs. I have dropped over 30 pounds and kept it off. I sometimes take offense to people who call him the diet nazi and accuse him of preying on the desperate. The man LOVES his job and loves to help people!! I swear by them and encourage anyone to go there! They teach you the basics of nutrition, and introduce you to food that tastes good and is good for you. No magic pills- clean eating. And its MUCH less expensive than some other fly by night places around here!! It's a life style change though- so you need to be prepared for that!

sjoyce131
01-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I just came across this website when i was looking to see how many calories where in a certain food. It's not hard to follow you just have to eat only as much calories as your body allows, and you will see the weight coming off also exercise.
If anyone interested the website is
http://www.my-calorie-counter.com

I hope this helps for someone:
P.s. It's free that's always nice lol

Mel
01-22-2007, 01:19 AM
My recommendation is the YMCA. They have lots to do and a big facility. It's monthly payments of approx. $45, so it's only $540 annually. I've lost 18 pounds in 3 weeks by just 30 mins of tredmill time and no dieting. ;) Just a bit of commitment.

I'd suggest going early morning when there aren't as many people. Don't weight train until your second month and drink water water water!